i dont have one, but i played one in a music shop near mine a few weeks ao. it was ok, but i dont know whether the necks for everyone. i would personally try one and look at the reviews on the site of it to see what other people make of it.
dont buy. first of all the edge 3 bridge is god awful. in that price range you can do much better with esp/ltd or jackson. what kind fo music do you play? im guessing shred/ metal. id say go for a jackson dinky in that price range (personally i find jackson to be totally superior to ibanez with better necks, better woods and better features for the same price. il scope around and post back with something better for the same price
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
yeah, the edge III is the problem. if you want to stick with ibanez, you need to save up for the rg1570, or else go with the s320/470/520 which have the zr trem (which is a bit different to an edge, but it still a decent trem, i believe).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ya actually the zr trem is awesome. i just recommended the jackson because i think they have better necks. the wizard II on the ibanez guitars i actually find to be pretty shitty. the jackson necks are thinner and compund radius fretboards= fast fingers. i just find jackson to be wayyy better for the same price
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
so the only real problem besides a pup change is the tremelo?
ill check out the jacksons def. today.. thanks

also whats wrong with the edge iii? is it tunin problems?
I think people are following a bandwagon with the whole edge III thing, I played an S series with an edge III at a show, and I was tuning it from drop D to E in between songs without unlocking it, it didn't go out of tune once. Of course I don't wank on the bar.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
i was gonna say, i played the RG at guitar cent and it was fine.. just wanted to make sure there were no real flaws.. i wank on the bar tho :/ so i hiope that wouldnt be a problem
The material used for Edge III's is pretty bad... They usually dont hold tunning and also are prone to knife edge wear and breakage. Mine had knife edge wear within a week of use and I hardly used the trem Vs my 10 year old RG560 the knife edges are still fine. I have also seen pictures of the trems base breaking in half.
eek, thats no good.. def. dont wanna waste 450$
ill keep my eyes open for something else, the Ibanez S320 series was pretty nice.
Quote by jordanzio
ya actually the zr trem is awesome. i just recommended the jackson because i think they have better necks. the wizard II on the ibanez guitars i actually find to be pretty shitty. the jackson necks are thinner and compund radius fretboards= fast fingers. i just find jackson to be wayyy better for the same price

i prefer ibanez. it's preference, i think- certainly either a jackson (the jt580lp isn't an amazing trem, but is probably better than edge III, plus it's a direct swap for an OFR, so i hear) or an ibanez s series would be a better idea.

Quote by l3p4rd
I think people are following a bandwagon with the whole edge III thing, I played an S series with an edge III at a show, and I was tuning it from drop D to E in between songs without unlocking it, it didn't go out of tune once. Of course I don't wank on the bar.

that post might have had more authority if Ibanez S series guitars actually had edge III trems; they have ZRs, which are generally considered to be pretty good.

Quote by PixieDust13
i was gonna say, i played the RG at guitar cent and it was fine.. just wanted to make sure there were no real flaws.. i wank on the bar tho :/ so i hiope that wouldnt be a problem

you're not really going to be able to tell by playing it in the shop, that's the problem... it's 6 months, maybe a year or so, down the line when problems will start to become apparent.

Quote by IbanezPsycho
The material used for Edge III's is pretty bad... They usually dont hold tunning and also are prone to knife edge wear and breakage. Mine had knife edge wear within a week of use and I hardly used the trem Vs my 10 year old RG560 the knife edges are still fine. I have also seen pictures of the trems base breaking in half.

+1 (other than the fact i don't have an edge III- i've heard the horror stories, though, plus i have the edge III precursor, the lo-trs, and it's total crap too).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

that post might have had more authority if Ibanez S series guitars actually had edge III trems; they have ZRs, which are generally considered to be pretty good.

My bad, I'm not the biggest ibanez fan, it was a guitar I borrowed for the br00tals. I just assumed it was because they're lower price. And when I looked online just to back up my statement I couldn't find ANYTHING on what kind of bridge was in it.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
I hate the ibanez necks personally....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by PixieDust13
would i be able to swap the edge III by chance?

Yes for an OFR, but after the cost of replacement you should of just purchased a guitar with a good trem to start with and better specs...
Quote by Dave_Mc

Actually, the ZR is only on more recent models. Older ones have the knife edge tremolos like any other Ibanez. And just like them, the budget models had the Edge III or the Lo-Trs, I'm not quite sure when the Edge III became standard. But I do agree, the ZR is a great tremolo unit and if you want a locking tremolo, it's definitely a good choice.
Quote by jordanzio
i just recommended the jackson because i think they have better necks.

In your opinion.

I used to own a DXMG, it wasn't a very good guitar, the HZs are lifeless and the neck just felt weird imo. Would rather have an Ibanez S series over it anyday.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Yes for an OFR, but after the cost of replacement you should of just purchased a guitar with a good trem to start with and better specs...

+1

also, swaps are rarely as simple as they're made out to be- one person's idea of a "direct swap" is another person's "ton of needless work"...

Quote by mmolteratx
Actually, the ZR is only on more recent models. Older ones have the knife edge tremolos like any other Ibanez. And just like them, the budget models had the Edge III or the Lo-Trs, I'm not quite sure when the Edge III became standard. But I do agree, the ZR is a great tremolo unit and if you want a locking tremolo, it's definitely a good choice.

of course- as far as i'm aware (going on memory here), the zrs came out at the same time as the edge III, i don't think s series guitars ever had edge IIIs, but they did have lo-trs trems back before 2003 (i think), and lo-trses are equally as bad as (if not worse than) edge IIIs.

I was just annoyed that someone would make such a blanket statement and have the temerity to blame others for jumping on a bandwagon when the guitar he tried never (to the best of my knowledge) even had an edge III on it, stock.

Quote by l3p4rd
My bad, I'm not the biggest ibanez fan, it was a guitar I borrowed for the br00tals. I just assumed it was because they're lower price. And when I looked online just to back up my statement I couldn't find ANYTHING on what kind of bridge was in it.

no worries.

as i said, i'm almost certain the s series never had an edge III- if it was an older one, it may have had a lo-trs (which are alright until they wear out), or if a newer one, a zr (which is good).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?