Poll: Wah bypass preference...
Poll Options
View poll results: Wah bypass preference...
I can bypass mine with ease.
5 83%
Always on, in one position.
1 17%
Voters: 6.
For owners of Dunlop Crybaby's or similar; do you leave your wah always on in one position, or do you always bypass when you aren't using it?

My Crybaby is a pain in the ass to bypass, because there's no real indicator that you've successfully bypassed or activated it, so I sometimes just leave it a little towards the treble side, always on. It can sound nice.
Whatever works for you is good. You might invest in a good switch and wire in an LED to indicate on off, the wah modding thread in GB&C has plenty of info.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I always turn mine off, you have to push kinda hard to get it to turn off but I'd rather have than than losing tone or accidentally bumping in the middle of a song and having random wah.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by thsrayas
I always turn mine off, you have to push kinda hard to get it to turn off but I'd rather have than than losing tone or accidentally bumping in the middle of a song and having random wah.

If you have a hard time clicking it off then try tapping a .5 milimeter or so pick under the part of the pedal that clicks the switch, that makes it much easier to turn on and off.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I barely use mine, so its always off

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by thsrayas

You're saying that a bypass switch mod would affect the tone?
Quote by Kevin Saale
If you have a hard time clicking it off then try tapping a .5 milimeter or so pick under the part of the pedal that clicks the switch, that makes it much easier to turn on and off.

I never thought of that before, I'll have to try it. Random question, do you know what mm Fender picks are? (As in thin, medium, heavy)

Quote by BrickIsRed
You're saying that a bypass switch mod would affect the tone?

No, I'm saying that leaving my wah pedal in toe-down position affects the tone and I would rather just go through the extra effort of turning it off.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.