I was just playin on my amp, at a reasonable volume, and it just went quiet all of a sudden.
Thing is, the clean channel's fine, but the distortion channels are really quiet, you can hear thwem but its REALLY quite. Im not really sure wat it is thts wrong, help please

Its A Crate GTX212 BTW.
Turn those channels up?

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

im no amp expert but the speakers may have blown out or something like that. If thats the case im sure a music store could put another one in.
Quote by morellofan9127
im no amp expert but the speakers may have blown out or something like that. If thats the case im sure a music store could put another one in.

Wouldn't BOTH channels be quiet if it was the speaker? Also, it would be terrible sound (well worse than the amp itself, to be honest )

I think you may be dealing with an internal electronics problem, which is probably going to cost more than what the amp is worth.
Since clean works means the power amp is still working as well as the clean side preamp. So its gonna be in the distortion preamp. As its SS best bet is use a pedal with the clean side until it quits and save up for a new amp.
The first thing I would try is to clean the pots with contact cleaner...you can buy it at radio shack. Pull off the knobs on your amp and spray some of the contact cleaner into the pots, then put the knobs back on and turn them back and forth a bunch of times.