That seems like what the standard price for an MIM Standard is, I got my MIM Strat new for $360, and they retail for $400

That's a pretty guitar, though, a natural finish tele is next on my GAS list

thanks for the reply man, yeah its darn nice imo too

Telecasters are my favourite guitars right now, looks like this is gonna be a crimbo present )))

Quote by BopperUK
thanks for the reply man, yeah its darn nice imo too

Telecasters are my favourite guitars right now, looks like this is gonna be a crimbo present )))

I was never big on teles until i played one on a whim at GC while I was looking for my strat. Long story short... forget the Epi LP Standard, I want a tele .
My guitar at the moment (first electric guitar that i bought) is an epiphone les paul special 2, it sounds great and everything. But the humbuckers are just a bit muddy sounding :/ im really looking for that bluesy twang that the teles seem to have
Quote by BopperUK
My guitar at the moment (first electric guitar that i bought) is an epiphone les paul special 2, it sounds great and everything. But the humbuckers are just a bit muddy sounding :/ im really looking for that bluesy twang that the teles seem to have

Yeah, I had the same problem with my first guitar, an Epi LP-100. The pickups were way too overwound. I put a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates in the bridge to get a bluesier tone, and it improved the tone of the guitar more than i could've ever hoped it would. My friend's got an LP Special II, and I've gotta say, for the price, it's a pretty good starter guitar. I'll never like the pups in the lower end epiphones, but the guitars are pretty nice.

i'm kinda on the same road, though, I bought the strat to get a bluesy, SRV kind of tone. It's kinda a project guitar, I'm constantly messing around with it trying to get a better tone. Just gotta wait until christmas to get my valve junior halfstack, which will make it sound way better
yeah you'll never get that amazing sound promised in the guitar, without giving it a good crank on a nice amp
But i think there needs to be the perfect combination of the amp and guitar, its so hard to find the right things you want haha
Quote by BopperUK
yeah you'll never get that amazing sound promised in the guitar, without giving it a good crank on a nice amp
But i think there needs to be the perfect combination of the amp and guitar, its so hard to find the right things you want haha

Yeah, I tried the strat i finally bought out on a Vox AC30. Wow, that was tonal heaven. Wish I could afford one of those. Anyways, congrats, put some pics up when you get it!

It's probably cheap because Fender is coming out with new MIM Standards, so they're trying to get rid of the old ones.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
maybe deltafunk, but at that price i might as well get it then give the pick ups a little change
Nice talking to you irishstang, yeah i will do man
If I wasnt buying a 7 string and replacing the pups for my LP I would get that in an instant
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
that's more or less the going rate, i think... online, anyway.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?