I been palm muting recently and I have to say I can only do really short palm mutes at a time.
So what do I need to do to improve my palm muting because I want to do it really fast.
Fave bands: Nirvana, Green day, Muse, QOTSA(queens of the stone age), Metallica, Led Zepplin.

Guitars: Fender

Pedals: Behrigner Ultra Metal
Hmm I can't really give you much advice on that technique, but checking out your influences, have you listened to any Foo Fighters? They are influenced by several of those bands. If you haven't, definitely give them a try.
Quote by Insomniac_123
I been palm muting recently and I have to say I can only do really short palm mutes at a time.
So what do I need to do to improve my palm muting because I want to do it really fast.

Practice palm muting...it's not exactly rocket science
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
make sure you are using the edge of your palm and that it's right next to the bridge, and if you get a crappy, kinda clicking sound, push down harder, or if youwant to mute open strings put your finger next to the nut

cheers, michael
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=
Use a metranome and start slowly Say 70 BPM and just work your way up. Just remember to watch yourself keep your wrist loose and try not to tense up. You are going to have to build stamina and it doesn't happen overnight. Give it time, It will come to you.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Quote by Reagar
Hmm I can't really give you much advice on that technique, but checking out your influences, have you listened to any Foo Fighters? They are influenced by several of those bands. If you haven't, definitely give them a try.

That was extremely helpful and relevant to the topic onhand. Well done.

Start slowly at first. Once you can do it steadily for a long time, build up the speed. Use a metronome, always. I also find it easier for me to palmmute powerchords with a thinner/bendier pick. You might want to start with those kinds of picks, if its easier for you, and then build up to thicker picks for better tone.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Yeah, cool this is helping.
I do lots of punk riffs with palm muting and this helps. I can palm mute faster.
Fave bands: Nirvana, Green day, Muse, QOTSA(queens of the stone age), Metallica, Led Zepplin.

Guitars: Fender

Pedals: Behrigner Ultra Metal