Page 1 of 3
well pit, i come to you for advice. my younger brother is turning 17 in a few weeks, but his whole life he's never acted his age. as far as his development is concerned, psychologists have told my family that he's about 3-4 years behind (he was held back a year; he did senior kindergarten twice).

We've never really gotten along that well because of this, and he has this flagrant disregard for everything and everyone. For example, my xbox is set up in my room, and lately he's been seriously abusing the privilege (my dad grounds him from it, he still plays it, he claims that it's his xbox and it's his right to play it, etc)

he wears my clothes all the time without asking me, he basically just spends his time ruining my shit. the only time we've ever really been "brothers" to each other is the one time i smoked a joint with him, when i saw his real personality--he's a lot like me in many different ways. But again, he's a ****ing shit disturber and i can't take anymore of his bullshit. I've tried to ignore him and his antics, but it doesn't work. He's just too much of a little ****, and his morose attitude towards everything is a serious downer on the whole family.

So today he walks in my house (im looking after it for a week while my rents are on vacation) wearing one of my sweaters. I told him to take it off, and he refused. Something went off inside of me and the next thing i know, i have him on his back and im choking the shit out of him. I snapped on him, and i've done that before, but i've never felt that sort of rage before. I fear that in 10 years we'll be completely estranged from each other, and i really don't want that. My relationships with my sisters is just fine, and we all feel the same about him.

god pit, what should i do

tl;dr my brother is pushing me away from him with his actions and i want to fix our relationship
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Have him smoke joints constantly or introduce his scrotum to a medieval mace.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
ok im going to say this once, i don't want bullshit answers like the ****ing tool above me. it's a serious issue, and i want serious answers only. spammers can take their bullshit elsewhere.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

Be a brother and beat it into him. That's what both of my older brothers did, and I turned out great.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
you just described everybody elses younger brother or sister

dont worry, give him time to grow up at his own pace
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
Sounds like you just need to chill the hell out.

edit: can't type..
Last edited by bassdrum at Nov 14, 2008,
Smoke that mother ****er senseless. Take your one common bond and try and have fun with him. Besides the THC should mellow him out. It really does suck being the younger brother though. That whole living in his shadow thing is hard to break out of. Anyways, whatever, That what I'd do.
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
Quote by loubot123

+1

Some people take longer to mature.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
ok im going to say this once, i don't want bullshit answers like the ****ing tool above me. it's a serious issue, and i want serious answers only. spammers can take their bullshit elsewhere.

Gee wizz you sure are gonna get serious replys now..
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"

i didn't describe everyone else's younger sibling, this is much different. We've had him see a psychologist, and he has a learning problem. without going into details, he learns much, much slower than everyone else.

that's the thing. he isn't growing up, period. Letting him be would be detrimental to him. Im speaking as his older brother now, i mean i don't want to see him fail, he's making the same mistakes i did.

and beating him won't work, my dad's a minister so i'll get in more trouble than he will
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

if you have separate rooms, put a lock on your door so he can't touch your stuff anymore

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Quote by Kensai
Have him smoke joints constantly or introduce his scrotum to a medieval mace.

This, I usually wouldn't advise drugs but the guy needs some serious meds.
My brother did the same shit.

I didn't speak with him for 5 years. Now he doesn't push my buttons anymore.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by Ace88

tl;dr my brother is pushing me away from him with his actions and i want to fix our relationship

I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
if you have separate rooms, put a lock on your door so he can't touch your stuff anymore

we do. i have a lock on my room. he picks it and breaks into my room anyway.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

Quote by faultyy
*Jeremy Kyle Picture*

best advice ever.
Last edited by aaciseric at Nov 14, 2008,
Quote by Ziggums
This isn't ****ing Jeremy Kyle Mate.

Maybe not, but JK could fix it, JK could fix anything...
Beating him WILL work. My entire family is a bunch of preachers and other religious folk. My brother acts the same way. I beat the hell out of him, he acts right, and the religious folk are thankful. Of course, they don't thank me... They believe it was a miracle brought on by God, and the bruises were just proof of God's loving touch.
I thought it was only girls who got mad at their younger siblings wearing their clothes.

=S =S =S

Anywho, I say... just be a brother, don't hit him or anything.

The only thing you should be hitting...

is a fat joint, with him that is.
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Ace88
i didn't describe everyone else's younger sibling, this is much different. We've had him see a psychologist, and he has a learning problem. without going into details, he learns much, much slower than everyone else.

that's the thing. he isn't growing up, period. Letting him be would be detrimental to him. Im speaking as his older brother now, i mean i don't want to see him fail, he's making the same mistakes i did.

and beating him won't work, my dad's a minister so i'll get in more trouble than he will

I have been in the same boat, my brother has traits of asbergus(sp?) syndrom and the doctors always adressed the effects it will have on him growing up,going to a normal school, behaviour etc.. we sent him to a normal school and treated him like every other kid his age despite when he was being a little shit/was having problems and he's surpassed all expectations becuase people have had patience with him.
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
Might I suggest murder...
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
K, my serious answer is to pound your lessons into him. I did it with my brother, and it worked. No bullshit answer. 100% serious.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
dude hes your LITTLE brother knock his asss out
i luf da grammer knotziez

gear: (i wanna fit in)
ibanez tbx150r
phase90
lil big muff pi
weeping demon
esp viper100
boss chorus
other junk
Quote by donkey the wise
Well played Sir sFsKroniK
yay m special
This seems oddly reminiscent of my relationship with my older sister, we really didn't talk, ever, until I turned 18.

What you need to do is realize that for whatever reason, he's incredibly immature. Perhaps instead of choking him when he does something annoying ignore it. Yes I can see the response now, "I can't ignore it anymore, blah blah blah". Deal with it! Or if you are unable to, accept that you are just as immature as him and go have a lovely brotherly day of banging your heads against the wall or whatever it is you idiots do to get dumber these days.
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Tell him to step off or you'll hve him neutered (if thats how you spell it)
Quote by BrokenBricks
Be a brother and beat it into him. That's what both of my older brothers did, and I turned out great.

Yea, sicne your the older sibling, he should be respecting you. I had to do it to my brother. He'd do all this sh*t to me, so I just popped him in the face, and he stopped.
have a heart to heart talk with him and tell his stuff and such, or fight fire with fire and see how he likes it so when hes angry you can talk to him after

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
You did drugs with your mentally disabled brother? That's a bit bizarre.

Edit: ah wait, not mentally disabled, just a little behind in terms of mental age. Never mind then.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Quote by Ace88

you are on the wrong site if you are asking for serious advice

you are going to get bullshit answers so suck it up

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
I have been in the same boat, my brother has traits of asbergus(sp?) syndrom and the doctors always adressed the effects it will have on him growing up,going to a normal school, behaviour etc.. we sent him to a normal school and treated him like every other kid his age despite when he was being a little shit/was having problems and he's surpassed all expectations becuase people have had patience with him.

Best advice your going to get t.s
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by Dizeaz2112
Beating him WILL work. My entire family is a bunch of preachers and other religious folk. My brother acts the same way. I beat the hell out of him, he acts right, and the religious folk are thankful. Of course, they don't thank me... They believe it was a miracle brought on by God, and the bruises were just proof of God's loving touch.
Sounds like you need to beat them too
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
Page 1 of 3