so yesterday i posted a thread about gettin a new guitar for Christmas, and everyone told me to get a new amp instead. well, i found a deal on craigslist that would let me get both. for $400 id get a peavey transtube supreme 100w head, a fender 4x12 cab, and an ibanez s series.

my problem is that this seems to be too much of a metal set up from what ive heard about that amp. is this set up gonna be able to do classic rock type sounds as well? i have a digitech rp250 to use with the clean channel to model tones if i absolutely have to to get a good classic rock tone.

so will this work for me?
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
Last edited by wicket_nirvana at Nov 14, 2008,
seriously, no replies at all? ive lost my faith in u all.
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
You waited an hour? You can't bump but once every 24. Basically I can sum up what you'll hear.

"Buying a large practice amp head isn't worth it. You're better off buying (insert tube combo here) it'll sound 10ua0wu0245349x better."

My advice: Email the guy. Try the amp there. If you like it, throw down the $$$. If you don't, tell him it's not what you're looking for and bail.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
im tryin to get the most out of the time i have to look around online cause im not gonna get much time to try anything out in person.

i was just wanting someone who has played the amp to tell me if it can do classic rock tones well
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
Why won't you get much time to try it out in person? If he wants to get $400 he'll let you really stretch your legs on it. Take your RP-250 too so you can try it out on it.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."