I've been playing acoustic guitar for almost a year now and for some time I've been thinking about buying an electric guitar.

So far I'm settled on Epiphone Les Paul 100 because I've heard it's very good for begginers and I love the design.

But as you probably know electric guitar won't play shit without an amp. And as I know nothing about them I'd like to as some more experienced guitarist what amp would be good for begginer in electric playing.

Also I'm pretty good on money so it's not really the problem.

Thanks in advance for all adives/recomendations

ComaBreak
What kind of music do you want to play? And really, we need to know how much you're willing to spend. You could spend anywhere from 100 to tens of thousands of dollars on an amp, we need to know how much you're willing to spend or people are going to recommend ridiculous amps. Do you plan on gigging?
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Best options unless you're willing to spend quite a bit of money is any of the roland cubes, ranging from tiny portable's to 60 watters. OR there has been good response from the peavey viyprs, although saying that i've never heard one, but i have heard cubes and they are great for price, what ever you play.
Quote by thsrayas
What kind of music do you want to play? And really, we need to know how much you're willing to spend. You could spend anywhere from 100 to tens of thousands of dollars on an amp, we need to know how much you're willing to spend or people are going to recommend ridiculous amps. Do you plan on gigging?

I plan on playing mostly some classic rock stuff, but not exclusively.
I'm willing to spend up to 500 dollars.
I don't play in any band at th moment but this can change.