Poll: Rottweiler or Doberman ?
Poll Options
View poll results: Rottweiler or Doberman ?
Rottweiler
15 37%
Doberman
26 63%
Voters: 41.
I am getting a puppy
I've always loved rottweilers and dobermans, I've known a bunch of friends with them and they are soooo nice. I have two cats, so the dog would have to be friendly towards them.
I've got a choice now, and I would like your help UG
Rotty or Doby?

Rottweiler:
- $650
- female, cropped tails
- german bloodlines
- here is the add
http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-pets-dogs-puppies-for-sale-ROTTWEILER-PUPPIES-GERMAN-BLOODLINES-W0QQAdIdZ87303351

Doberman:
- $475
- female, cropped tails, ears not cropped
- dewormed, 1st and 2nd shots (always a plus)
- here is the add
http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-pets-dogs-puppies-for-sale-3-Gorgeous-Doberman-Pups-W0QQAdIdZ84458550

I've had dogs before, so I'm not a new owner or anything. I just want to hear some other peoples opinions on it.
Thanks

Edit: Stupid me, I just checked the location. The rottweiler is about 2.5 hours away from my house, the doberman is 30 minutes...
Quote by The Leader
You know what they found in Jeffrey Dahmers freezer?
...Ben and Jerry (ba dum bum psh)

Quote by ninemonthmedia
if there was a metal jail, Metallica would be Pantera’s bitch

RIP Kurt Cobain
RIP Dimebag Darrell
Burn in hell Nathan Gale
Last edited by [A]cetate at Nov 14, 2008,
I think the doberman is better.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
Doberman

Rottweilers are horrible dogs.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
dober mans are easier to train, rottweilers are usually frendlier, so what do you want out of your new dog?
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Rottweiler is a chavs dog.

Dobermans are excellent! Not to mention, if it turns into a zombie dog, it'll pwn a lot of people.
Rotweillers . I know one since it was a little puppy, it's an awesome dog !
Rottweiler.

Firstly, it will scare people. Secondly, even though it will scare people, they really are great dogs, protective but nice. Media would like you to think they are all murderous savages.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Doberman

Rottweilers are horrible dogs.

no they're not, the media just portrays them that way

i've been around rottweilers before, they are friendly as hell, dobermans are to
oh well, i just have to decide
Quote by The Leader
You know what they found in Jeffrey Dahmers freezer?
...Ben and Jerry (ba dum bum psh)

Quote by ninemonthmedia
if there was a metal jail, Metallica would be Pantera’s bitch

RIP Kurt Cobain
RIP Dimebag Darrell
Burn in hell Nathan Gale
Quote by badgerific
Cropping tails = ****ing vile. Get a dog which wasn't maimed.

This. Get a Doberman but not that pisshound. Also get a good strong male You don't want a dog that'll go soft on you
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"
Quote by Blast For Satan
Rottweiler is a chavs dog.

Dobermans are excellent! Not to mention, if it turns into a zombie dog, it'll pwn a lot of people.

Indeed...Zombie dobermans kick alot of ass..except the Alice`s one
Gear:

Ibanez JS 1000
Ibanez RGA42BK
Ibanez GRG 170 DX

BOSS DD7 Delay
Ibanez DS 7 Distortion
Dunlop Jimy Hendrix Wah

ENGL Fireball
Framus Cobra cab
Roland Cube 30
My uncle used to have a rottweiler and it was one of the friendliest and cheeriest pets I have ever come across. Lovely dogs, really.
I don't like the cropping though, it's unnecessary and cruel. Call the breeder and tell him to leave at least one un-cropped for you if you want a rottweiler.
they are both fantastic dogs although i only have a rottweiler, they are both friendly, loving, hard working breeds.I love my rotty who is a dog and is now 4, 5 in January, couldn't have asked for a better dog, and theyll fight to the death to protect you if u were being attacked or something and are obedient as hell. to the stupid ass-hat **** head who said they were horrible, own one 1st you stupid ****tard before passing judgment on something that YOU know absolutely NOTHING about and that you have only read and seen in the news cuz those are cases where they haven't been brought up responsibly by bad owners, something id expect from somebody like you, you twat.Also cropping their tails is not painful if its done right and soon after they are born, rottweilers have a tendency of breaking their tails if they are long and cropping eleviates this problem, and clipping a dobermans ears is also not painful if done right and soon after birth, it stops them from getting ear infections.
Last edited by epiphoneg310 at Nov 14, 2008,
**** each dogs reputation. Seriously mate, I have had 2 Doberman's (my current one is just a year old) and my cousin has a Rottweiler which is now 4. Both are fantastic dogs and are good with the family and young children. It all comes down to how you treat them and train them (stating the obvious here, especially as you have had dogs before!).

I would personally go with the Doberman, but that's only based on personal preference (they are a lot more elegant and have great individual personalities). A well trained Rottweiler is great too as they grow up to just be lazy bear like dogs.
I am....making progress...
you should get a midget
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
Quote by paranoideyes
is cropped tail cutting it off? thats so ****ing mean and pointless.

Of course it's not pointless. It helps the dog conform to some Victorian asshole's idea of what it should look like.
How could that possibly be pointless?
My advice = get a mother****ing Border Collie!
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!