I have a some doubts regarding dean razorbacks. The first one is whether there is a difference between the two tone ML razorback, and the explosion, shards, etc.. razorbacks? And the second one is, what guitars are similar in shape and quality to the different razorback, but are available at a lower prie? Please, if anyone knows, answer questions. Thanks
Razorbacks are horrible value for money
An Ibanez Xiphos with a trem swap would be a lot better
ohai little sig.
or simply get a jackson WRMG, xiphos is not worth having to change the trem....

look into jackson o bc rich

Deans are Over priced to hell.
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
I have never cared for deans. The ones i have tried have been very overpriced for what you get.
the Jackson WRMG is the better because the OFR and better pickups
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
There isn't a difference between the Razorbacks you have listed, other than the graphics offered on each model. The USA Razorbacks are handbuilt with OFRs and they're heavier than the other ones for some reason. I'm not really sure why to be honest lol

Don't buy a Razorback DB. They're junk. There really isn't another guitar that looks like the Razorbacks. The closest thing would be an ML or similiar guitar.

Around the price of a Razorback..... available new MLs include the DFH (A great sig model), Slime ML, Black Gold, USA MHG & KOR, and the 30th Anniversary Models if you can still find one. Personally, I think the best ML they're producing right now is the 79' Series or the DFH if you're into sig models.

Overpriced Deans? Which models are you talking about? The only overpriced Dean is the Razorback series, and that's because they had to buy the rights to produce it from the Dimebag Darrell Estate.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Nov 14, 2008,
Well, I'm not a guitar expert, and thus, I am not too familiarized with the different pickups both guitar include. If anyone has experienced with both of the, is really a significant difference in sound between the Dean ML, and the razorbacks? And also, could you recomend me more guitars?, I'm searching for guitars with a good metal sound, and also that have floyd rose tremolo, and have an interesting shape (like ML or V's).
Quote by Flux'D
There isn't a difference between the Razorbacks you have listed, other than the graphics offered on each model. The USA Razorbacks are handbuilt with OFRs and they're heavier than the other ones for some reason. I'm not really sure why to be honest lol

Don't buy a Razorback DB. They're junk. There really isn't another guitar that looks like the Razorbacks. The closest thing would be an ML or similiar guitar.

Around the price of a Razorback..... available new MLs include the DFH (A great sig model), Slime ML, Black Gold, USA MHG & KOR, and the 30th Anniversary Models if you can still find one. Personally, I think the best ML they're producing right now is the 79' Series or the DFH if you're into sig models.

Overpriced Deans? Which models are you talking about? The only overpriced Dean is the Razorback series, and that's because they had to buy the rights to produce it from the Dimebag Darrell Estate.

All of those guitars right there. Overpriced.

They should be in the same range as the '79 series. They're pretty much the same guitar.

New Deans are overpriced buddy. That's why I bought a real one.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
i have the dfh and it is soooooo awesome
Quote by Andjustice.....

i could see that being liek a sign at an entrace to a theme park ,"remember to always be safe dont litter and remember to have a nice day in my pants!"

Quote by Robbie n strat
"If you listen really carefully, you can hear carrots scream when you cut them."
mls are sick. Try em out
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Quote by Flux'D

I think you have a very clear bias here. I'm not sure how a 19 year old who goes to college would get endorsed by dean guitars but more power to you if you have been. But to be fair all the guitars you mentioned are horrendously over priced. The 79 model is a decent value yes but the 79F have cheap trems that are horrible. Also if you have visited the dean or DBZ forums you will see that some people even report that their nearly 1000$ Dean CFH guitars were made of 8 peices of wood glued together. When compared to esp, jackson, BC rich and other companies its damn hard to justify paying 4000$USD on a USA dean and the USA MHG & KOR guitars are not nearly worth 1000$. DBZ is where the new and real deans are being made so I suggest you look them up. I dont think its sensible to put OFR's on only your series of guitars that cost 2000$ up. They look cool but really there are so many better guitars for the price.

TS I recommend a BC rich to you if you want some interesting shapes that come with good pickups and OFR's.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Quote by Slanderous666
I think you have a very clear bias here. I'm not sure how a 19 year old who goes to college would get endorsed by dean guitars but more power to you if you have been. But to be fair all the guitars you mentioned are horrendously over priced. The 79 model is a decent value yes but the 79F have cheap trems that are horrible. Also if you have visited the dean or DBZ forums you will see that some people even report that their nearly 1000$ Dean CFH guitars were made of 8 peices of wood glued together. When compared to esp, jackson, BC rich and other companies its damn hard to justify paying 4000$USD on a USA dean and the USA MHG & KOR guitars are not nearly worth 1000$. DBZ is where the new and real deans are being made so I suggest you look them up. I dont think its sensible to put OFR's on only your series of guitars that cost 2000$ up. They look cool but really there are so many better guitars for the price.

TS I recommend a BC rich to you if you want some interesting shapes that come with good pickups and OFR's.

+1. This guy nailed it all.

Cheers to you!

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
+1. This guy nailed it all.

Cheers to you!

Thanks =)
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
i cant honestly say deans are horridly overpriced. maybe somewhat, but not a whole lot.
Plain and simple: unless money is no issue, DON'T buy a Dean.

I would do as some others have suggested. Get a Jackson Warrior. U will not be dissapointed by any means. or the Ibanez Xiphos(btw, replace the trem? w/e....)both of which are good choices for a good radical styled guitar.
My guitars:

Ibanez RG5EX1
Eleca Dread Acoustic
Dean ML

My FX: Line 6 Floor POD Plus

In the end, fact means nothing,
its all about perspective
Thanks for the suggestion. Still, I'm not so atracted by the shapes of the guitars you have mentioned. I belive that my other choice, if deans as are overpriced as you say, would be jackson Vs, as I also like the shape of V guitars. Searching on guitar-center I found that the Jackson KVX10 X King V seems very good for me. But I would like you oto answer some questions. What is a low profile floyd rose tremolo? Does it make a big difference having two knobs, one master volume and tone, than more? And how are the pickups of the guitar?
get the rr3 instead of the kvx10
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Thanks for the rr3 recommendation, love the shape of it. Comming from Rhandy Rhoads I would expect it, but does it have a good metal sound?
A question besides the last one, what is a five-bolt neck? and does it have any major effects on the guitar playing? And final question, are the pickups good for pinch harmonics, and how is the sustain of the guitar?
Another question, regarding the price and ordering. How much it would cost if I ordered it through guitarcenter.com? There is a price range, what what would be te amount of money that I would be paying for a new rr3, and what would be the cost of shipping it outside USA?
1. Don't triple post
2. The pickups don't matter for pinches. Your technique does.
3. 5 bolt neck would mean that there is 5 bolts that hold the neck on.
4. Go on Guitar Center and check the prices yourself. It's not hard.
5. Don't bother with Guitar Center if you don't live in the States.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Yeah, the RR3 is pretty awesome. Depends on finish, from $650-750 then shipping kicks in depending on where you live. The stock pickups are pretty good as they are a balanced SD set where you can get awesome cleans and a decent metal sound. Decent tremolo too. You don't lose here.

Try Samash.com or musiciansfriend.com

I prefer Samash
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Ebay is your best bet as I dont think sam ash or musicians friend ship outside north america.
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Get one of the Washburn Dime guitars,
they come with EMG 81/85 and they're like, half the price of a razorback...at least where I am.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by Gregoric
Get one of the Washburn Dime guitars,
they come with EMG 81/85 and they're like, half the price of a razorback...at least where I am.

They stopped making the 333 ages ago.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
They stopped making the 333 ages ago.

I was thinking of the D200 but that was before I realised TS wanted a floating tremolo, sorry about that.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
New Deans are overpriced buddy. That's why I bought a real one.

What do you mean by a 'real one'? Do you mean DBZ guitars that aren't even out yet? If you're referring to older Deans, I have an 84' ML that is sex. Sure the older Deans don't compare to the newer ones by a longshot... But they're not bad guitars

Besides the models with Dime's name on them (the agreement between Dean and the Dimebag Estate jacked those prices up) Deans are not overpriced. The Schecter C1 Hellraiser has a 3 piece Mahogany neck. If it was made using more than just Mahogany (Like a Ibanez neck) I could understand why it's a multi piece neck. That's just them being cheap. A Dean Vendetta has a maple thru neck, and it costs 80 bucks less. Only difference is the Dean doesn't have EMGs (Which are overrated anyways) Or for 30 bucks more, you can get the Vendetta Revenge that has a TOM bridge and custom graphics drawn by Stephen Jenson. Or compare the Jackson KVX10 X King V that has a bolt on neck, alder body, and a LFR ($499.99) to a Dean V 79 that has a mahogany body, flamed maple top, set neck, and a TOM for 30 bucks less. I could keep making other comparisons to other popular guitars

Quote by Slanderous666
I think you have a very clear bias here. I'm not sure how a 19 year old who goes to college would get endorsed by dean guitars but more power to you if you have been....When compared to esp, jackson, BC rich and other companies its damn hard to justify paying 4000$USD on a USA dean

I understand where you think I'm being biased. Since I have been endorsed by Dean, it's only natural that I praise them to an extent. The TS did ask some questions specific to a Dean, and one that I own at that. I answered his question, fair enough.

That aside, I will stand up for Dean once again whether you think it's a biased opinion or not. Look closer at BC Rich's guitars. Back at their inception they were great guitars, but they're not owned by the same guy anymore (Same deal with Dean). Their isn't such a thing as a 'USA BC Rich' anymore. If you read it correctly, it states "Assembled in the USA." All of BC Rich's bodies are made in a factory in Korea named Sang-Jin Industries. They also make Jackson's necks and some of Fenders. So unless you actualy went in, ordered a Custom Shop BC Rich/Jackson.... chances are strong that is was made by a machine in Korea. The USA Deans are made by hand. If it has the "Made in U.S.A" stamp on the headstock, it was made either in Tampa, Florida or in Chicago. Also I've never heard of a USA Dean costing $4000.00. which models are you talking about?

Also I am aware of DBZ guitars. Mr. Dean Zelinsky left Deans USA Division to start his own company. I know he left because he didn't like where Dean was heading (He was referring to the Dime-crap).

Something else... don't think I live and breathe Dean. Dean doesn't make the best guitars, greatest guitars, etc. I own and play other brands too. I just get tired of people bashing Dean left and right on UG all the time, so I decided to change my picture to Dean and list my endorsement on here. I'm not trying to start a flame war or nothing with you guys. All I did was try to give some information on the Deans he was asking about. No hard feelings
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
in terms of razorback v's there is a standard model around 800$/400£ . there is also a razorback ml which has know locking tremolo.
Quote by Flux'D
What do you mean by a 'real one'? Do you mean DBZ guitars that aren't even out yet? If you're referring to older Deans, I have an 84' ML that is sex. Sure the older Deans don't compare to the newer ones by a longshot... But they're not bad guitars.

Nah, he has an older one (look on his profile it's trans black... and it's teh secks).
Quote by Flux'D
The Schecter C1 Hellraiser has a 3 piece Mahogany neck. If it was made using more than just Mahogany (Like a Ibanez neck) I could understand why it's a multi piece neck. That's just them being cheap.

No it isn't. Mahogany isn't the strongest neck material ever so they ripped it into three pieces and flipped the middle piece, effectively multiplying the neck strength by about 4.
This isn't my opinion. Ask any one in GB&C (LP addict, nuthinbuttrubl8, jscustomguitars, or ormsby guitars) and they will tell you they're stronger.
Quote by Flux'D
KVX10 X King V that has a bolt on neck, alder body, and a LFR ($499.99) to a Dean V 79 that has a mahogany body, flamed maple top, set neck, and a TOM for 30 bucks less. I could keep making other comparisons to other popular guitars

Again, every jackson from the x series up to the pro series/MG series is MIJ. In my opinion, MIJ>>>>>MIC. Also, Duncan Designed (okay they're not the best ever) pickups are WAY better than Chinese made "designed by Dean" in my opinion.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Nov 30, 2008,
Quote by Slanderous666

Eeeeeh great post, but the trems aren't that bad people. They really aren't. The percentage of people on UG that pass stuff like this as fact when they've never played it is rediculously high. I'm not saying you haven't, but maybe you played a bad one. I used to own a ML79F and the floyd was very good. I will say Deans quality control isn't the best so I recommend you play one before you buy them.

Also, you're interested in a razorback. Yeah I wouldn't go there. I'm a fan of dime and think Dean guitars look sweet, but my buddy just bought a highend razorback and the only thing super impressive was its action. Other than that my Jackson is an extremely well matched guitar for a 3rd of the price he paid.

It's all matter of opinion though. If you really believe that a razorback will suit your style, then go for it. No one on here can stop you from buying a guitar, only persuade you not to. If you do go buy a Dean, you won't be left with a pile of parts after 3 months, and you will probably be satisfied. But there's a better way to spend your money on what you're looking for.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras