Alright. Currently I play an Epiphone G-400 Deluxe SG, and a Telecaster copy that I'm modding. I am planning on buying a Crate V Series V18-212 in the next month or so. But the issue is, right now for distortion I have a DS-1, which I'm thinking will need to be upgraded. So, I need suggestions for a distortion/overdrive pedal. I play anything from light rock to ska to punk rock to metal, so something versatile would be good. Also, it would be preferable to keep it under 50 bucks, unless there isn't worthwhile for that cost.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Anybody?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
For under 50 bucks, you should be looking for quality, not versatility. You won't be able to get a huge upgrade from the DS-1 for less than 50, just a different sound. Overdrive pedals (such as the DS-1) usually give you the best deal. Other options for overdrive include the SD-1, Bad Monkey, or the Transparent Overdrive. Most people on here will probably recommend the Bad Monkey. If you don't want overdrive, I'd say you should probably go with something from the Cool Cat Series. I would say you should think about spending more, but frankly, the options at the $50-100 level aren't that much better. It's not until you get over $120 that you really get any significant upgrade from the $50 distortions. But I think you should buy your amp, and see how you like it both with and without the DS-1 before making any decisions.
Don't forget the Digitech. The bad monkey is a great overdrive, and their grunge is pretty great.
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
Quote by souperman08
Alright. Currently I play an Epiphone G-400 Deluxe SG, and a Telecaster copy that I'm modding. I am planning on buying a Crate V Series V18-212 in the next month or so. But the issue is, right now for distortion I have a DS-1, which I'm thinking will need to be upgraded. So, I need suggestions for a distortion/overdrive pedal. I play anything from light rock to ska to punk rock to metal, so something versatile would be good. Also, it would be preferable to keep it under 50 bucks, unless there isn't worthwhile for that cost.

Wait until you've got your amp.

If you need anything it'll probably be an EQ pedal.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The V Series does everything short of metal IMO. Look for pedals AFTER you get it and use it.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments