Hey I just got a new amp, it's a Marshall MG series 100 DFX and I need help getting a good setting for it, there's too many buttons and knobs for my own good. I need a good setting for a pop punk sound, so light-medium distortion. Thanks in advance
You should only have tre, mid, bass gain and volume with a contour knob aka classic rock modern rock aka mid scoop knob lol on any given channel so it shouldnt be to hard for ya...

Hit up the ulitmate settings thread and snag some from there and tweak to taste...
Off.

Best setting for an MG.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
Off.

Best setting for an MG.

STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
ok i got an mg. its not bad at all.. people always bash as they tend to be band wagon jumpers etc. ppl need to realize for some ppl solid state is the best option in terms of price and what they use it for. anyway in my case i use my own effects as the best way to use the mg i feel is to run effects through the clean channel and just use the amp to amplify your effects. i have a zoom g2.1u and the effects coupled with amp modeling do a pretty good job and its really flexible. try that out.. i get pretty rad tones
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
Quote by Chrisiphone
Off.

Best setting for an MG.

Says the man with an amp only slightly better.

Hah, just kidding. TS, go to the ultimate settings thread.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
Says the man with an amp only slightly better.

Hah, just kidding. TS, go to the ultimate settings thread.

I'm selling my AVT to pay off my jcm800!

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by jordanzio
ok i got an mg. its not bad at all.. people always bash as they tend to be band wagon jumpers etc. ppl need to realize for some ppl solid state is the best option in terms of price and what they use it for.

People don't bash it because it's solid-state, we bash it because it sounds like shit. The MG is a practice amp, and is passable when used for practice, true - but it's an overpriced one. Not to mention there is no good-goddamn reason at all for there to be a 100 watt version.

Anyway, pop-punk needs lots of treble and distortion. That crowd isn't really too huge on effects, either.

I'd go with...

Gain: 7
Treb: 8
Mid: 5
Bass: 6
Quote by Chrisiphone
Off.

Best setting for an MG.

Wow, like I totally didn't expect that.

My suggestion would be to return it, but if you seriously like the amp, Flying Couch's recommendation sounds good.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Ahh sarcasm!

Flying Couch's suggestion is a good start for a pop punk tone, but maybe lower the gain a slight bit to something you prefer aurally.

E-Married to Funny_Page