NO FLOYD ROSE PLZZ!. i really really hate them from the bottom of my heart. i was originally getting a jackson soloist. but i just hate the hassle of the fr since i go though different tunings everyday. i'm looking for something like the esp page hamilton signature. but with fret inlays and such. i wanna know if there are guitars like that without going custom and such with the exception of carvin and warmoth.
Ibanez Rg serise look up ones with out the floyd
Tony Iommie g-400 SG.
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Jackson & Ibanez, both make many models with & without trems.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
The superstrats mainly have fixed bridge or Double-Locking.

Take a look at Ibanez S prestiges?
ಠ_ಠ
Ibanez SV5470F

Only one that springs to mind.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
i need none locking trem. not fixed bridge. not floyd rose. i already have a gibson sg and a fender strat. so please don't suggest things i already own
Oh yeah Schecter too, almost everything the make has a trem & non trem model.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
Quote by Chrisiphone
Ibanez SV5470F

Only one that springs to mind.

+1.

Or those Laguna guitars.

EDIT: guys, he wants a vintage style trem, not a fixed bridge.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by 20sacksam
Oh yeah Schecter too, almost everything the make has a trem & non trem model.

+1
Ibanez or Schecter
Quote by metacarpi
I get called a slut all the time, and I'm a dude.

They do a non trem version of the SL2 soloist
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by jwax
Ibanez Rg serise look up ones with out the floyd
Tony Iommie g-400 SG.

Ibanez come with floyd roses.
I thought they came with Edge III's. But hey, What do I know.
Couldn't you get one guitar with a Floyd Rose and use your SG when you change tunings?
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Quote by kckyle
i would've done that long ago if my sg has 24 frets and trem.

Have you looked at Lagunas? They're on the low-mid end of the spectrum though.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
why dont you see if warmoth has a strat replacement neck with 24 frets?
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
why bother?

vintage trems only give you a small range (compared to floyd roses) and go out of tune easily.

once a floyd is set up properly it won't go out of tune no matter how you abuse the trem.

I can't see there being much music where you'd need 24 frets and where a vintage trem would suffice.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by JWD32792
why dont you see if warmoth has a strat replacement neck with 24 frets?

That wouldn't work, the frets would go right over the neck pickup.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
hm... Ibanez SV Prestige maybe?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Nov 14, 2008,
Quote by Lemoninfluence
why bother?

vintage trems only give you a small range (compared to floyd roses) and go out of tune easily.

once a floyd is set up properly it won't go out of tune no matter how you abuse the trem.

I can't see there being much music where you'd need 24 frets and where a vintage trem would suffice.

i don't want a floyd rose because i change tuning alot and i don't need to dive bomb like no tomorrow. as for staying in tune i'm getting locking tuner to help that part out. i don't use up to 24 frets normally but its nice to have overtime and recently i been hitting against the repetitions because i can't go any higher on frets for solos
Quote by kckyle
i don't want a floyd rose because i change tuning alot and i don't need to dive bomb like no tomorrow. as for staying in tune i'm getting locking tuner to help that part out. i don't use up to 24 frets normally but its nice to have overtime and recently i been hitting against the repetitions because i can't go any higher on frets for solos

changing tunings is gonna be a bitch with any floating trem, not just the double locking variety. so unless you're going to set it up dive only having a vintage trem won't help you with that.

locking tuners don't stop the friction at the nut, they just reduce slippage at the tuner itself.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
With some luck, you could find a used EBMM on ebay for about a grand...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Are you talking about going from a standard tuning to a drop tuning, or changing all of the strings tunings?

if it's just going from E standard to drop D, then a vintage would be a lot easier to deal with... otherwise lemoninfluence is right, it's going to be a bitch either way

I think your best bet is to look around at anything but the 'big' name guitars... Theres gotta be some used custom guitar out there with 24 frets and a vintage trem

edit: I was looking around the prs site.. they apparently have an SE 24 fret: http://www.prsguitars.com/allender/index.html I'm gunna go look at other sites now, this makes me think...
Last edited by HibyPrime at Nov 14, 2008,
SV series?

Ibanez, S shape, 24 frets, SynchroniZR bridge, HSH. They might be more than $1000 though.
Quote by HibyPrime
Are you talking about going from a standard tuning to a drop tuning, or changing all of the strings tunings?

if it's just going from E standard to drop D, then a vintage would be a lot easier to deal with... otherwise lemoninfluence is right, it's going to be a bitch either way

I think your best bet is to look around at anything but the 'big' name guitars... Theres gotta be some used custom guitar out there with 24 frets and a vintage trem

edit: I was looking around the prs site.. they apparently have an SE 24 fret: http://www.prsguitars.com/allender/index.html I'm gunna go look at other sites now, this makes me think...

there also makeing an se custom 24 if ur in to more rock type tones
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Warning: Super Large ****ing Picture Alert

This Showmaster may work for you if you really want strat style.
^How could I even forget about it? That looks beautiful.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
^How could I even forget about it? That looks beautiful.

+1 that is the secks
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Quote by CarbonDeath
+1 that is the secks

Too bad it's now discontinued.
Why would Fender do such a thing?! (I know, lack of sales, whatever)
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
Too bad it's now discontinued.
Why would Fender do such a thing?! (I know, lack of sales, whatever)

eBay anyone?
Last edited by GuitarGuy X at Nov 14, 2008,
wow. guys,....i think i'm going to start my quest on finding a showmaster. btw i do have one question though. what type of neck is that.