I used to play viola when I was 9 or 10 and then moved to play guitar.

I'm now picking it back up, now i'm 16, nearly 17 and i've played guitar for quite a while now.

How quickly do you think I would be able to pick it up?

I'm quite musically minded if that's a factor.

I've had it 2 days

Thanks pit.
Same thing happened to me, but with piano, and now I can never seem to put it away.

MC name = Bearrorism
Your hands may be a little old to play at maximum potential at this age but it's better than nothing.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
It is nice to know how to play a lot of different instruments, you never know when someone might need a bass player, or a clarinet player for a band or something.

MC name = Bearrorism
Quote by Gargantuan
It is nice to know how to play a lot of different instruments, you never know when someone might need a bass player, or a clarinet player for a band or something.

It's better to specialize in at most a few instruments. I know many people who "plays everything" but can't truly play any one thing. I don't know about you, but I don't want complete amateurs playing with me.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Your hands may be a little old to play at maximum potential at this age but it's better than nothing.

I disagree with the maximum potential statement.

I am still progressing rapidly musically, not necessarly at guitar but my understanding is greatly improved.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
I disagree with the maximum potential statement.

I am still progressing rapidly musically, not necessarly at guitar but my understanding is greatly improved.

No, I mean hands' physical conditions. And it is true.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by I-Watch-Anime
Step 1: Find Viola
Step 2: Move Hands
Step 3: Pick up Viola

Step 4: ???
Step 5: PROFIT!
Quote by Gargantuan

am i the only one that got this joke?

im a bassist btw
Quote by Xiaoxi
It's better to specialize in at most a few instruments. I know many people who "plays everything" but can't truly play any one thing. I don't know about you, but I don't want complete amateurs playing with me.

Yeah, but a mixture of both is the best. I can play/bang out a tune on about seven instruments, but I could seriously perform at a high level with 2 or 3.