So I just got a Splawn 2x12 cab from someone locally and it was pretty much new and I have a Mesa Boogie Single Rec that I haven't been able to play since I bought it since I had no cab. When I connect the head and the cab, I get no sound.

I got a speaker cable, ran the 8 ohm output from the head to the 8 ohm input of the cab (or vice versa, not too sure). The cab has 2 jacks though, one of them is a pretty simple input thing and the other has a big circle around it with a red locking mechanism type thing. Either one I tried, I get no sound.

Any help? could it be messed up tubes? Or am I doing it wrong?

The power on the amp seems to be on, the footswitch works and the lights are on any everything...

The power tubes light up as well, but they aren't glowing blue like on my 5150 combo but rather just lighted up orange.
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Orange PPC212 w/ Celestion V30 and Celestion G12-75
Quote by Khoifish321
So I just got a Splawn 2x12 cab from someone locally and it was pretty much new and I have a Mesa Boogie Single Rec that I haven't been able to play since I bought it since I had no cab. When I connect the head and the cab, I get no sound.

I got a speaker cable, ran the 8 ohm output from the head to the 8 ohm input of the cab (or vice versa, not too sure). The cab has 2 jacks though, one of them is a pretty simple input thing and the other has a big circle around it with a red locking mechanism type thing. Either one I tried, I get no sound.

Any help? could it be messed up tubes? Or am I doing it wrong?

The power on the amp seems to be on, the footswitch works and the lights are on any everything...

The power tubes light up as well, but they aren't glowing blue like on my 5150 combo but rather just lighted up orange.

Grab something and test out the cab to see if any sound comes through.. If you dont have anything take the back off and make sure everything is still connected. If it is working and the cab is fine check cables and then start troubleshooting the amp.
ok I figured something out. I turned up the Master Volume and Output knobs all the way up and got sound. But that isn't normal. I have it on the max and I'm getting like bedroom volumes. The distortion is also very fizzy and not normal sounding...

Power tube problems?
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Quote by Khoifish321
ok I figured something out. I turned up the Master Volume and Output knobs all the way up and got sound. But that isn't normal. I have it on the max and I'm getting like bedroom volumes. The distortion is also very fizzy and not normal sounding...

Power tube problems?

Yup that would be my guess.... Time for a re-tube...
I don't think it's just the powertubes though...

Channel 1, the "clean" channel, can only be played with the output volume and master volume at 10... The sound breaks up and seems to swell from lower volumes to normal volumes. So I can't get any clean tone whatsoever...

Channel 2 the distortion channel gets some pretty decent distortion, but again, I have the amp cranked to 10 and I'm only getting bedroom level volume..
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Quote by Khoifish321
I don't think it's just the powertubes though...

Channel 1, the "clean" channel, can only be played with the output volume and master volume at 10... The sound breaks up and seems to swell from lower volumes to normal volumes. So I can't get any clean tone whatsoever...

Channel 2 the distortion channel gets some pretty decent distortion, but again, I have the amp cranked to 10 and I'm only getting bedroom level volume..

Preamp tubes control the gain, voicing and so on and power tubes control the volume... I've had the same issue with a set of powertubes...
any more assistance?
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera