I have officially listened to all of his recordings and I can't see what the big deal with that fool is.
In fact all of the stuff outside of Cream and "Layla" sucks really hard.I Personally think Clapton is nowhere near the league Page,Hendrix,Iommi and Blackmore were.
Quote by gun4hire
ugh, you cant rape someone with a pineapple because that would assume that someone doesnt want to have sex with a pineapple, which is impossible

Quote by Jackal58
Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
Especially an ignorant law.
On the other hand, fuck you.

Just kidding.

...Or am I?
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
that is personal opinion but i can tell you that your personal opinion is WRONG

Clapton is better than page iommi blackmore and was one of hendrix's main influences
Yeah its MY opinion..
Quote by gun4hire
ugh, you cant rape someone with a pineapple because that would assume that someone doesnt want to have sex with a pineapple, which is impossible

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by rhcp-legends
that is personal opinion but i can tell you that your personal opinion is WRONG

Clapton is better than page iommi blackmore and was one of hendrix's main influences

How was he better?
Quote by gun4hire

Quote by Jackal58
the stuff he did with john mayall's blues breakers was pretty decent...
While I agree he wasnt near the Page, Hendrix, Blackmore chops, he was still very good an versatile and influencial, he's still a pretty good guitarist.
Well, people do have opinions. So, there's nothing I can change about what you think, nor do I want to.

In that lies the answer. OPINIONS. He's good to some, which is why they like him. Duh.
Its not about what his music is in comparison to Hendrix, Iommi, etc. Its about how he approached the blues and pop and made them work well together.

Sure he isnt technically as good as some other guitarists, but he is a great songwriter
I never mentioned anything about being technical
Quote by gun4hire

Quote by Jackal58
its all down to personal preference, but you can't just make statements like that. I'm sure we have plenty of Cream/Clapton fans on here, you can't just tell them they're all wrong...

EDIT: I very much doubt you've listened to all of his recorded work, theres gotta be some stuff that hasn't come out. But reading all your posts, thats not gonna change your mind....
Last edited by Stud_Muffin at Nov 14, 2008,
No i dont think theyre wrong.I just really dislike his stuff...and i now callPage "god"(since Clapton was called god on the 80s)
Quote by gun4hire

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by rhcp-legends
Clapton was actually called god in the 60s

oh right my bad
Quote by gun4hire

Quote by Jackal58
More people hate Page than Clapton.
Personally, I think Clapton is one of the greatest White Blue-sy Guitarists.
Quote by RounderIII
I agree... He doesn't deserve all the recognition he is getting.
Don't get me wrong...he is still good but not that good.

very reasonable
Quote by gun4hire

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by rhcp-legends
along with gilmour, clapton has the best phrasing

I am not a fan of Gilmour either coincidentially
Quote by gun4hire

Quote by Jackal58
You have to really dig blues to like clapton.. I like his earlier work a lot and although I wouldnt put him on the same level as hendrix I personally feel that he blows page away... Ive never heard anything Jimmy Page has done thats even in the same ballpark as clapton but thats just a personal opinion.
I keep the wolf from the door, but he calls me on the phone, tells me all the ways that he's gonna mess me up, steal all my children if I don't pay the ransom, but I'll never see them again If I squeal to the cops.
I wholeheartedly disagree, but that's my opinion. Simple as that.

***CLOSED***

How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.