I am going to buy a new set of pickups for my Epiphone LP special II and jackson DXMG. I have several that i want to buy but i can't decide what i want specifically.

Epiphone Les paul Special II Bridge/neck combo
Dimarzio Evolution bridge/neck
Dimarzio Evo2 and Evolution neck
Dimarzio D sonic and PAF Pro
Dimarzio Mo'joe bridge and Paf Joe Neck

Jackson DXMG
Same as above but with Dimarzio D-Activator X added
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
They are all very good pickups and the sound won't be a whole different from each other. Yes, if you have a good ear, you will notice certain highs, mids, lows, or distortion more pronounced than others, but the main thing is, if you buy any of those pickups, I can't imagine you saying, I wish I bought that one.
Quote by Pintara_jackson
I am going to buy a new set of pickups for my Epiphone LP special II and jackson DXMG. I have several that i want to buy but i can't decide what i want specifically.

Epiphone Les paul Special II Bridge/neck combo
Dimarzio Evolution bridge/neck
Dimarzio Evo2 and Evolution neck
Dimarzio D sonic and PAF Pro
Dimarzio Mo'joe bridge and Paf Joe Neck

Jackson DXMG
Same as above but with Dimarzio D-Activator X added

What's wrong with your tone at the moment and what kind of change are you looking to get from a pickup swap? Be specific here and talk in terms of the sound itself...there's not much point in saying " I want to sound like so and so". If you can't explain things solely in terms of the sound itself then there's little point replacing pickups.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I agree entirely. Amplifier is the main source of tone, not pickups. The quality of wood in the guitar and how it was made play a large part as well. It is a common misconception that changing pickups will totally rearrange your tone. An amplifier may do that.
I'm trying to get the epiphone's looseness tighten up a bit for gig playing and to have good definition during recording sessions. As for the Jackson since it has basswood body i just want a tone that is crushing while being well balanced in low gain situations.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
Dimarzio D sonic and PAF Pro - I think these will be a good choice then, if you want to strengthen and define your tone a little more. The Epiphone pickups are not very good so will probably notice a nice improvement in tone when you upgrade - btw, any of the pickups you selected would be more than sufficient in tightening your tone -
With your Jackson, to be honest, the pickups in there are already good and I can't imagine you being very impressed with the alteration you may get, especially for spending so much money. That's just me, though.
Honestly, you've not said anything there that makes me think you need new pickups - and certainly nothing that gives me any clue as to what to suggest anyway.

Other than better EQ'ing and perhaps a booster pedal.

Can you really not say anything the SOUND? I can witter on for ages about tiny details in a tone, I admit I'm probably a bit over the top about it but I almost "see" sounds, it's hard to explain but it's like some kind of bastardized EQ curve....with crinkly bits. Over and above that I can describe different qualities in the sound kind of like how wine experts describe...well, wine I suppose.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Well i think it just the amp then because it's really bright when record but when i play live it just gets really muddy on the Hi-gain channel it's the same on the clean channel too.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
That's just an EQ'ing issue then - more midrange, less bass and probably less preamp gain and more volume.

Try raising your speakers off ground level too, put them on a chair. Or, if you want to appear slightly more badass, a beer crate.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

the problem is that i have two cabs one was bought used while the other was new so could it also be that one of the two speakers gone bad.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab