B-|-------------14-------17----------------
G-|----------13-------------16-------------
D-|-------16-------------------21----------
A-|----14-------------------------19-------
E-|-12-------------------------------16-12-

ok so i know pretty much nothing about music theory,
but that 21 seems awfully out of place seeing as it's the same note as the 16
before it...? it confuses me.
I'm guessing that it's written like that because it's easier to play it that way than sweep half-way and then skip the D string.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
but are you supposed to sweep both notes or what?
it just sounds stupid doing that i can't get over it lol
Quote by edg
Yes. It's specifically written that way as a 6 string sweep up then down. Doesn't sound
stupid to me.

dude that didn't have anything to do what that i asked...
obviously it's a 6 string sweep. i'm talking about the practicality of playing 2 of the same note consecutively in a sweep.
i guess i have to actually hear the song to have in make sense to me.
Last edited by skate_guitar at Nov 16, 2008,
Quote by skate_guitar
dude that didn't have anything to do what that i asked...
obviously it's a 6 string sweep. i'm talking about the practicality of playing 2 of the same note consecutively in a sweep.
i guess i have to actually hear the song to have in make sense to me.

A damnsight more practical than interrupting the sweeping motion to pick the same note twice?

You need to lose your obsession with shapes - the guitar is not about shapes, it's about sounds. Proper guitarists don't sit there going "I'll play this shape, then that shape" - they say to themselves "I want to sound like this, how can I do that?". Now, the "how" will involve a physical pattern on the fretboard but the pattern is simply a means to an end, not the end itself.

In this instance the player wanted to play the same note twice in succession, but wanted to maintain the fluid sound of a sweep picked lick, so that's what he did.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Nov 16, 2008,