View poll results: Which Pickups
EMGs
7 39%
Blackouts
7 39%
Dimebucker w/ 59
4 22%
Voters: 18.
Ok, ive been playin with the idea for a few months now, and i want to change the pickups on my Mockingbird. it still has the stock humbuckers, and they work pretty well. i can get pinch harmonics with total ease with either one. im just looking for something with more gain and just more tone. i play more of a grunge-metal style (alice in chains meets metallica and BLS) and use the wah every couple tracks. ive been lookin at either the:

EMG Zakk Wylde set( 81/85)
Seymour Duncan Blackouts
or
Duncan Dimebucker with a 59 in the neck

so wut do you guys think?
Quote by LesPaulHer0
"in the grand scheme of things, nobody cares"

Gear:
Dean 10K Commemorative Razorback
Ibanez RG 3EX1
BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Fender Acoustic
Marshall MG250DFX
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Full Chorus
the dimebucker is notoriousy bad really. I hear you can only really use it for scooped tones n such
Quote by Twist of fate
Once, I watched Star Wars episode 4. I timed myself so that I came right when the death star blew up.

Afterwards, Han Solo said "Great shot kid, that was one in a million!"
i would say 81/85 but 81/60 is much better but $$$
i saw a lot of good critique for the blackout but could never have the chance to try those.
Don't get active, you have a MG.

Get a new amp, and if it's tube, then get actives.

I'd suggest Seymour Duncan SH-4/SH-6 and SH-2/SH-1.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Dirt Bag Boy
Ok, ive been playin with the idea for a few months now, and i want to change the pickups on my Mockingbird. it still has the stock humbuckers, and they work pretty well. i can get pinch harmonics with total ease with either one. im just looking for something with more gain and just more tone. i play more of a grunge-metal style (alice in chains meets metallica and BLS) and use the wah every couple tracks. ive been lookin at either the:

EMG Zakk Wylde set( 81/85)
Seymour Duncan Blackouts
or
Duncan Dimebucker with a 59 in the neck

so wut do you guys think?

I thought you could only get pinches in the bridge position?

Seriously though, I suggest the Zakk Wylde set, even though I don't like EMGs. I think they're as sterile as cattle.
EDIT: Read the part about a new amp. DO IT.
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Mesa Oversized recto 4x12
Jackson DKMG (w/ BareKnuckle Warpigs )
Ibanez Acoustic

Feel free to add me or PM me.
Quote by {Ѵëņŏmőůş}
I thought you could only get pinches in the bridge position?
I've got a relatively low-output Gibson BurstBucker #1 pickup in the neck of my main Les Paul and I can get pinch harmonics to ring out pretty clearly even on that. It's just even more obvious when I use the bridge pickup.

Hell, you can get pinch harmonics to ring out on an acoustic if your technique is good enough.

Anyway, I'd suggest not changing pickups at all. You've got a Marshall MG, which is frankly, a crap amp. Get a new amp first. If you change pickups now without changing amp, then you won't even notice the change. No point changing pickups with an amp like that. Get a good tube amp first.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
MrFlibble I think it's safe to say that {Ѵëņŏmőůş} was being sarcastic...

In other news, go for a new amp before you even think about getting new pickups. New pickups won't make a very big difference running through a crappy solid state. Conversely, almost any guitar will sound good through a good amp, it's only a matter of how good. As for pickups after the amp purchase, go for the EMG's with an 18v mod. That will take care of the "sterility" troubles.
I've never heard to much good things about the dimebucker. EMGs i've heard good things about, but apparently Blackouts are much, much better than emgs, cleaner better tone etc.

I would strongly suggest you get a new amp, even if its a small cheap Blackheart or something its better than your MG
Would it work for me to put pickups on the outside of my acoustic guitar?
Cause I want to put humbucker pickups on my guitar.
Quote by MrFlibble
I've got a relatively low-output Gibson BurstBucker #1 pickup in the neck of my main Les Paul and I can get pinch harmonics to ring out pretty clearly even on that. It's just even more obvious when I use the bridge pickup.

Hell, you can get pinch harmonics to ring out on an acoustic if your technique is good enough.

Anyway, I'd suggest not changing pickups at all. You've got a Marshall MG, which is frankly, a crap amp. Get a new amp first. If you change pickups now without changing amp, then you won't even notice the change. No point changing pickups with an amp like that. Get a good tube amp first.

+1 to everything

I get awesome pinches from the PAF clone on my Schecter PT.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
see if you can get a hold of seymour's newest version of the blackout and put it in the neck place