I've never bought a custom guitar, and I've never ordered online so I'm not really sure if this is possible. But basically. I played an Ibanez and loved it. It was an S series, and I set my goals to get one of those. Now basically after looking around online I found the one I want and how I want it to look.

I want this guitar : http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=S5470F

But with this paint job : http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=S620EXQM

By the time I could afford one of these it should be available. But how could I order the S5470 with the S620 paint?

Would Ibanez actually customize it like that? And if so how much does something like that generally cost?
Quote by die_kenny_die
ate a girl out on her period...

i regret nothing.

I know how to shred paper, does that count?
No, Ibanez won't customize it, and no, they don't have a custom shop sadly. You've got to be an endorsee to get customized instruments.
I play Ibanez too... You have to go through their custom shop to get your guitar. I believe that there is a link for it on their website. Other companies such as Gibson, Jackson, and ESP all have forms that you can fill out and send or print out on their site that notates which body/finish/hardware/etc. you want on your guitar. They take around 6-8 months or so to be built from start to finish. There is no telling how much a custom shop guitar to your exact specs will cost... I almost ordered one a while back that would have run me around $6,000... But like I said, it is all based on what you want. Hope this helped.
Quote by die_kenny_die
ok, don't you NEED an erection before penetration?? lol. anyways, condoms do occasionally break, and you CAN get her pregnant but you probably didn't. but make her go get the morning after pill. or fall down stairs. or something.
For the record.... it's not a paint job. Its actually the quilted maple with a special stain on it...... more of a wood stain job.....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
^no. (edit: to fret it fast)

google is your friend, not your enemy.

from jemsite:

The Ibanez USA "Custom Shop" operates today to service only their "endorsed artists". The Custom Shop builds, designs and repairs guitars for those who are endorsed by Ibanez. They are helping design other exclusive guitars for the Japanese market, such as those found at Ishibashi.co.jp.

if you can read, that means that 1) you cant order something from the Ibanez Custom Shop unless you are a succesful musician and 2)you can buy something from the Ibanez Custom Shop if you belong from the japanese market, but still you cant get a true custom guitar, as you arent designing it (ie choosing shape, woods, etc)

also, there is a way to know how much your custom guitar will cost, not exactly i think (never ordered a custom guitar), but its acurate, in fact a lot of companies offer online quotes. and if you are spending 6k on a guitar, i doubt you would care much if the quote said 6455 or 6855, if you have that money to blow on a guitar, that difference is neglible.

---

imo, a custom guitar isnt worth it if you only want a fancy paint shop (nothing wrong with fancy paint jobs) only, you might as well go with a rare combination of woods, pickups, neck joints etc, there's so much a custom shop offers that you wouldnt be using. of course, that could mean you wouldnt spend that much (keep in mind, the quality will be the highest, thats why the price is so high.)

on the other side, if TS is looking at an S620 i doubt he has/is willing to spend 6k. or you could buy a nice guitar AND a nice amp for that price.
some people might pay 3 more thousand dollars to have their perfect guitar, others just do with a guitar that is mass produced. keep in mind there are a LOT of guitar companies nowadays, so just because you cant find a X body guitar with Y fretboard and Z pickups doesnt mean you should go custom, just keep looking.

if you are going custom, you might want to look also at Anderson, Suhr, etc.

of course, YMMV and all that jazz.
Quote by SmashandBurn
Teacher: "There will be a test tomorrow no exceptions."

Student: "What about complete and utter sexual exhaustion?"

Teacher: "You'll just have to write with your other hand."

Quote by imdeth
Lesbian Link ladies. Oh yes.
Last edited by 5th_fret at Nov 14, 2008,
Quote by 5th_fret
^no. (edit: to hit that fret)

google is your friend, not your enemy.

from jemsite:

The Ibanez USA "Custom Shop" operates today to service only their "endorsed artists". The Custom Shop builds, designs and repairs guitars for those who are endorsed by Ibanez. They are helping design other exclusive guitars for the Japanese market, such as those found at Ishibashi.co.jp.

if you can read, that means that 1) you cant order something from the Ibanez Custom Shop unless you are a succesful musician and 2)you can buy something from the Ibanez Custom Shop if you belong from the japanese market, but still you cant get a true custom guitar, as you arent designing it (ie choosing shape, woods, etc)

also, there is a way to know how much your custom guitar will cost, not exactly i think (never ordered a custom guitar), but its acurate, in fact a lot of companies offer online quotes. and if you are spending 6k on a guitar, i doubt you would care much if the quote said 6455 or 6855, if you have that money to blow on a guitar, that difference is neglible.

---

imo, a custom guitar isnt worth it if you only want a fancy paint shop (nothing wrong with fancy paint jobs) only, you might as well go with a rare combination of woods, pickups, neck joints etc, there's so much a custom shop offers that you wouldnt be using. of course, that could mean you wouldnt spend that much (keep in mind, the quality will be the highest, thats why the price is so high.)

on the other side, if TS is looking at an S620 i doubt he has/is willing to spend 6k. or you could buy a nice guitar AND a nice amp for that price.
some people might pay 3 more thousand dollars to have their perfect guitar, others just do with a guitar that is mass produced. keep in mind there are a LOT of guitar companies nowadays, so just because you cant find a X body guitar with Y fretboard and Z pickups doesnt mean you should go custom, just keep looking.

if you are going custom, you might want to look also at Anderson, Suhr, etc.

of course, YMMV and all that jazz.

how is it not a stain job? Look at it!
sorry, i meant the user "fret it fast", but i couldn remember his name :P

but i edited my post, so this is pointless. i never said it wasnt a stain job or whatever, did you read my post?? thats what i get when i try to help someone, from now on i will be like every idiot on UG and be a n000bzorx.

LOLOLLLOL YESTERDAY I ALMOST BUYED AN IBANEZ CUSOM SHOP LOLOLOL FALCON PUNCH.
OH NOES SORRY IT IS A SQUIER BULLET, ANYWAYZ JIMMY HENDRICkS (THAT GUY FROM NIRVANA, YOU KNOW THOSE 6 GUYS WHO WROTE WAKE ME UP WHEN SEPTEMBER ENDS) PLAYED IT BUT OF CURZ IM SO MUCH BETTA FO SHO.

give me a break.

also: OMGOMG we has avatar same.
Quote by SmashandBurn

Quote by imdeth
your post said

^
google is your friend

and it was directly below my post

can you get any more vague?

there is a quote button for a reason.
Not going to read all the stuff in here but,

That's stained quilt. Not a paint job.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by mike.h
Not going to read all the stuff in here but,

That's stained quilt. Not a paint job.

thank you

Quote by Brendan.Clace
your post said

^
google is your friend

and it was directly below my post

can you get any more vague?

there is a quote button for a reason.

yes, sure i can.

do you even know what happened? that guy posted. i started typing. you posted. i posted. ohhhh, this is confusing!!

ok, forgive me for not using a quote button to make a long post longer, do you know what an arrow is??
also the post i posted that you quoted said "to hit that fret" then i edited it because the name was wrong. are you "hit that fret" or "fret it fast"? no, so i dont understand why you react like this. the post (at least half of it) wasnt directed at you.

you reaaaaally could use some reading comprehension.

dont you know what google is?
from wikipedia (already typed too much, sorry)
Google Inc. is an American public corporation, earning revenue from advertising related to its Internet search, e-mail, online mapping, office productivity, social networking, and video sharing services as well as selling advertising-free versions of the same technologies.Google search is a Web search engine owned by Google, Inc., and it is the most used search engine on the Web.

"google is your friend". that basically means:"yo, dood, dont be afraid to check on your info before you say something stupid like ordering a custom guitar from the Ibanez Custom Shop; please, dont post for the sake of saying stupid things or just to see your name on the screen, if you say something please at least be sure that what you are posting isnt something completely wrong.

i dont know why you start an argument with me when i tried to help you in first place. sorry, but thats pretty much retarded.

edit: just for the record, my post doesnt have anything to do with paint jobs or quilted top or whatever. everything that i said still applies, it doesnt matter what ****ing finish/wood/etc you want.

how old are you?

edit 2: just because someone WILL say it:

tl;dr: there are some retards out there.
Quote by SmashandBurn

Quote by imdeth
Last edited by 5th_fret at Nov 14, 2008,
You aren't trying to help me at all....I'm not even the TS.... lol.... who needs reading comprehension lessons now?
Quote by Brendan.Clace
You aren't trying to help me at all....I'm not even the TS.... lol.... who needs reading comprehension lessons now?

my bad. im retard. wow, im so embarrased. the point remains.

ok, i was trying to help the tS. out of a big wall of text you can only say "no its not a paint job".

wow, that was really helpful.

i need to get some sleep so good by, au revoir,adios, im outta here.
Quote by SmashandBurn

Quote by imdeth
Well the reason I wanted the stain job on that guitar was because of the 24 frets and the pickup options. The stain job would just look better than the options I saw, but since I don't have a successful music career and I only play in my bedroom, I don't think I could get the guitar anyways. Are there any guitars that compare to this I'm looking for something with 24 frets, floyd rose bridge or tremlo(whatever you call it) and Neck and bridge humbuckers, the middle is optional not really necessary. The main reason I liked the guitar (besides the way it played) was the spin dial on the back for the bridge adjustments. . .

What could I get that would stand up next to this, but wouldn't kill my pockets? I don't have $6,000 to spend, hell, I doubt I'll spend $1,000!
Quote by die_kenny_die

i regret nothing.

Quote by 5th_fret

ok, i was trying to help the tS. out of a big wall of text you can only say "no its not a paint job".

good....?
Quote by 5th_fret

no its not a paint job.

End of story. Don't act like you know what you're talking about when you obviously don't.

C'est n'est pas difficile.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Just putting this out there... I prefer the paint job it comes with :P

idk if this makes sense but you could probably get the paint job done by a local artist/luthier

*i realize its not actually a paint job XD
Is anyone gonna give me some suggestions, or are we all gonna debate that it's not a paint job after we've already established that fact :|
Quote by die_kenny_die

i regret nothing.

There are lots of guitars out there with those specs at a much more decent price. I would look around more Considering that an Ibanez custom shop is like 6k, and an Ormsby is like 3.5k after shipping... I would keep looking around
What are some other brands of guitars that are lower end and have the custom shop on the web with an actual visual of each item you're adding onto the guitar, Jackson just gives me a ton of dropdown boxes to choose from, and I have no idea what half the shit on there is.
Quote by die_kenny_die

i regret nothing.

There are many guitars with the specs you are looking for.

Jackson Dinky

Schecter Hellraiser or any C-1

Washburn- wm series or x series

Esp LTD- kh, m or mh series

Micheal Kelly- hex or vex series

BC Rich- assassin series

They pretty much all have 24 frets, two humbuckers, trems and the shape of the ibanez in your first post.
Yeah, but they don't have that zero point system Ibanez has. That's a major deal maker . ....
Quote by die_kenny_die

i regret nothing.