Page 1 of 2
But I have a few problems. I can't dance, I look like an idiot in pictures, and I think I look terrible in a suit.

Here's the story. I met a girl on halloween, we hit it off, and have gone out twice since then. She likes me, I like her. I was going to go out with her tonight but I couldn't because on of my friend's dad passed away and I felt the need to be with him tonight. Homecoming is in one week from tomorrow. Now, I told her I didn't know if I could go because of work. I work at Best Buy and we are going to be doing a bunch of stuff to prepare for Black Friday and I might actually have to work but I could get off if I really wanted to. I just don't know if this whole thing is worth the stress. It may just be me, but I find dances to be stressful considering my circumstances. Also, I would probably have to meet her parents, and that just sucks as we all know. So basically, I am afraid that if I don't go, I lose her. Is it possible to not go to a girl's homecoming and have her still like you? I just need some guidance and/or stories about a similar situation.
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

My girlfriend and I last year decided not to go to homecoming but 2 days before she decided she wanted to go and I didn't go and she dumped me.

So its up to you.
Think About it....
You might get some punani =D
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Fapping, I produced quite a bit.

Quote by sykryk
Do Not: Throw fireworks at friends.
I like meeting the parents. I don't know how often homecoming happens because I'm not American, but if it's a one off thing then go. You'll regret it if you don't.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
But I have a few problems. I can't dance, I look like an idiot in pictures, and I think I look terrible in a suit.

Here's the story. I met a girl on halloween, we hit it off, and have gone out twice since then. She likes me, I like her. I was going to go out with her tonight but I couldn't because on of my friend's dad passed away and I felt the need to be with him tonight. Homecoming is in one week from tomorrow. Now, I told her I didn't know if I could go because of work. I work at Best Buy and we are going to be doing a bunch of stuff to prepare for Black Friday and I might actually have to work but I could get off if I really wanted to. I just don't know if this whole thing is worth the stress. It may just be me, but I find dances to be stressful considering my circumstances. Also, I would probably have to meet her parents, and that just sucks as we all know. So basically, I am afraid that if I don't go, I lose her. Is it possible to not go to a girl's homecoming and have her still like you? I just need some guidance and/or stories about a similar situation.

Learn to dance and have some self confidence.

As for the wall of text, TL;DR
If all else fails, either hump the air, start a spank chain, or do the Macarena.
If you wanna be really metal, start moshing.

In all honesty, give it a try! They actually end up being very fun.
--"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."--
dont dance then
alot of people go just as an oppurtunity to hang out with their friends or be with their date
unfortunately if you go with a date its pretty much required that you take a picture
so put that big smile of yours on and go have fun
If you have to work just tell her that, she should understand. Also, if she breaks up with you over not going to homecoming with her...it wasn't worth it. Homecoming isn't that big of a deal.

Best of luck to ya mate
uhhhhh

Quote by Spaceman_Spiff
I remembered the time I was so blazed I got a boner looking at a muffin.

Quote by Kensai
I like my ramen noodles like I like my women: Devoid of any taste lying lifeless in a body of water.

Thats how every man likes his women
liquid courage
when the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace

Starsceam of the Decepticon Transformers G1 Club
PM irishmatt1992 To Join!
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle

k so i didn't read the rest
but basically, you are me

and i would go anyway. who cares if you can't dance
all they played at our homecoming was hip-hop crap and a few country songs so people could slow dance. just hang out and don't worry about it

edit: oh wait you got asked?

duh you have to go
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
Last edited by cheez1492 at Nov 14, 2008,
Learn the way of the enter key, grasshoppa.

Don't wear a suit; don't dance.
And while you're at it, don't take any risks.
Lookin' stupid is part of life.
Look at Zach Braff!
If she likes you... she won't care if you can dance, and she'll like the way you look in a suit.
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
She really likes you so go. Believe me, you will DEFINITELY regret not going if you don't go. Same thing happened to me. Nobody expects you to look cool or dance well either. Once you quit stressing its going to be an awesome time.
I love my...

Parker Nitefly Mojo - custom
Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Seagull Artist Studio cutaway I-beam

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
Tell her you have AIDS. Problem solved. No meeting parents, no dancing, no suit and no pictures...wait i think I'm forgetting something.
Sail upon the open skies
you look like an idiot in pics? cmon, it cant be that bad, just get some confidence. Think about this: she likes you enough to ask you. Also, i doubt she'll care if your not photogenic, if she does, shes a bitch, but i doubt it. Also, at dances, not many people (guys at least) actually dance, but mainly grind. and if want to do that, it really doesn't take much skill, just a sense of rhythm
Though if you do choose to grind, make sure she wants to, cuz it could ruin things if she doesn't...
If you don't want to grind, but still want to dance, just go out and have fun, make her laugh. make fun of yourself and be energetic. Thats all i got. good luck man
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
dude i feel where you're coming from because i've been there. Idk if you've ever been to a school dance before or not.......but its not dancing its grinding. Literally dude i know you're afraid you'll look stupid but she'll take you into the middle of a crowd of people who only care about rubbing their **** against some girl's ass. They won't care how stupid you look dancing. plus its almost impossible to look stupid grinding anyway so don't worry man
Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.

"I am Jack's complete lack of suprise"
How does a dance become stressful if you already have a date? And meeting the parent doesn't always suck, just be polite.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle

you're essentially me then (except for the suit part haha)

just relax and go man. homecoming is fun as hell, youll be missing out if you dont go.
Quote by dudius
bite the bullet and go to the dance

flake out now and you can lose her.

Essentially /thread.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
Just go man, you'll have to do worse things in your life
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
I say go for it! i mean take the risk of losing her or have a few bad pics and chat with the parents and besides you might get a little something
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle

It would be very very hard for you to make a big enough fool of yourself on the night that you disappoint her more than you will if you turn her down.
Trust me, the vast majority of people look like idiots in pictures, and the rest think that they do. I've seldom met people who like every picture that has been taken of them, or at even most of them.
You think you look terrible in a suit because you're not used to it. No man in the history of suits has ever ever ever looked worse in a suit than in ordinary clothes. Suits are specifically designed to make men look good. Try to relax and you'll feel fine.
As for dancing. It is not hard. It really isn't. You can't have a drink obviously so it's gonna be a bit harder on you, but the same will be true for everyone else. Just make sure that you DO dance and you'll be ahead of the pack immediately. Show a bit of enthusiasm and make sure it is YOU who invites HER onto the dance floor, don't make her drag you up. Once you get there just move a bit in time with the music, don't make too exuberant movements or you'll look like a dick. As your dancing with a girl it'll be easier, she'll do the work you just have to follow. You won't be the worst dancer there, the worst dancer there will be the people who don't dance.
As for her parents, Just be nice. Introduce yourself, shake her Dad's hand and whatever greeting her mom goes for (kiss on the cheek, hug, handshake, women are never straightforward) Mind your manners, answer questions when spoken to, be nice and respectful and smile.

Do it, she'll think of you fondly. Most slip ups will be filtered out in her memory and the good things will be remembered. If you don't go then all she'll remember is being let down.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
dont be an idiot

just go and forgot how you think you'll look, because in the end if you have fun and she has fun thats all that matters
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
Go to homecoming with her. As much as you can't dance. Oh well. Stand in front of the f'ing mirror and watch yourself dance until you think you got it. Embarrass yourself privately rather in public. I dunno. She just wants you to go.
[Sig goes here]
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Most slip ups will be filtered out in her memory and the good things will be remembered. If you don't go then all she'll remember is being let down.

+1

A couple months from now she won't remember you stepping on her foot when dancing but she will remember you not taking her to homecoming.
with all due resptect....man the fuc k up and ****ing go. once oyuve a bit of alcohol in you youll lov ethem, ive been to 5 "formals" as we call them and everyone of them has been top notch!
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
I don't know how to dance, and senior year I decided to give up on counting dry-humping as dancing. I danced a few songs with some girls... they were probably impressed that I was one of the only dudes who didn't mind looking like an idiot.
Do what I did for homecoming ditch the homecoming and go to the beach smoke weed 24/7 all weekend long. Such memorable times got down to the beach at like 2am lit up the bong walked out on the balcony and saw 3 naked chicks in the hot tub below us. hmmm good times, I wish I was young again.
Last edited by TestMan6 at Nov 14, 2008,
If you like her and she likes you and she wants to go with you, then go.

In my case, I have nobody to go with, I hate parties more than most other things in life, and I have no real reason to go.

You, however, do. So do it
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Godsmack_IV
+1

A couple months from now she won't remember you stepping on her foot when dancing but she will remember you not taking her to homecoming.

Exactly. She won't remember your tie being askew but she will remember hw broad your shoulders looked in the suit.
She won't remember the hour of shitty dancing, but she will remember the slow dance.

If you don't go she'll either
1) Remember it with someone else
2) Remember Feeling let down because she either couldn't go or had to go alone
3) Remember you as the unfun guy who had work to do (as unfair as that may be)
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by x0rsist
with all due resptect....man the fuc k up and ****ing go. once oyuve a bit of alcohol in you youll lov ethem, ive been to 5 "formals" as we call them and everyone of them has been top notch!

And just a question, how much alcohol did you have before you sent that graceful advice?
uhhhhh

Quote by Spaceman_Spiff
I remembered the time I was so blazed I got a boner looking at a muffin.

Quote by Kensai
I like my ramen noodles like I like my women: Devoid of any taste lying lifeless in a body of water.

Thats how every man likes his women

Dude, chill out. Go to the dance and have a good time. You aren't the only one who looks like an idiot dancing. 90% of white people look like idiots dancing anyway

Seriously. Just go. You don't wanna be asking yourself "what if" if she dumps you for not doing it.
Go to the dance, I can't dance for shit either but I love it! + as others say you'll probably end up regretting not going.
Page 1 of 2