I'm liking it.
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
Great album they released... they disbanded afterwards/hiatus for who knows how long... and now they seem to be rising once more. I look forward to their new material.
they're getting back together?
i hadn't heard about that, i'll be looking forward to a new release as well
Quote by Mind Kill
Fucking love Vinterland.
Vi behöver mer svensk Svartmetall!!!

Ja, men tyvärr så håller den svenska divisionen av Svartmetall med melodiska inslag inte samma klass som den gjorde

Awesome band, it's a shame they only released one album.
Jag tycker om Finska svartmetallen mer, men Vinterland är bra också

and Bathory of course are the best black metal band ever
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Heard of 'em a while back (actually in the Metal Recommendations thread ) and I love 'em
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Actually they do have a thread, the title is just a bit misleading, though.

But Vinterland is fantastic, they have a very wintry atmosphere, helped in part by some awesome production. They're one of the few 'melodic BM' bands that aren't full of cheese.
so whats the other thread called?
is it like Slay's "Ar****ingtillery" thread?

edit: "Killer melodic black metal from Sweden(No, not Sacramentum this time)"

i for one much prefer Vinterland to Sacramentum, i think they have much better atmosphere
Last edited by dminishedthingy at Nov 15, 2008,
Quote by Kepulix
Jag tycker om Finska svartmetallen mer, men Vinterland är bra också

and Bathory of course are the best black metal band ever

An infiltrator!
Quote by dminishedthingy
so whats the other thread called?
is it like Slay's "Ar****ingtillery" thread?

edit: "Killer melodic black metal from Sweden(No, not Sacramentum this time)"

i for one much prefer Vinterland to Sacramentum, i think they have much better atmosphere

Sacramentum have a few extremely good songs, but none of their albums are as solid as Welcome my last Chapter. They have to many fillers to be seen as legendary.
Quote by Broadsword

But Vinterland is fantastic, they have a very wintry atmosphere, helped in part by some awesome production.

I'd like to expand on this. This album is quite possibly the 'coldest' I've ever heard... Absolutely stellar production, incredibly emotional harsh vocals (that aren't harsh for the sake of just being harsh), and tastefully used blast beats. And, again, unlike so many bands labeled under the Melodic Black Metal moniker, they use the right amount of melody at the exactly right moments without becoming a load of cheese.

This is one of THE Winter albums, for me. Simply amazing.
Heard about these guys through M-A, its pretty interesting. Very intense atmosphere.
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

basically this band is what Dissection should have sounded like once Jon got out of jail. Great riffage, vocals, melodies, everything. Shame they only made one album, but apparently the new one is somewhere in the making.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by dminishedthingy
What's this?
no man-loving boy band thread!?
discuss this amazing melodic black metal band!

sorry. I stopped there. WUT?!
Shadilay.
Jeg tenkter Vinterland er veldig god.

That's basically the extent of my Norwegian.

But I'm hella excited that they got back together One of my absolute favorite melodic black bands ever.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
I love Windir, I have for so long, but this cd has topped anything for me.
Cool band.

Very good in winter.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Been listening to WTMLC for weeks now, this is the kind of music I like nothing too raw and fast, but melodic and melancholic at the same type with that epic feeling and epic vocals, def one of my favorite bands.
If they have a Dissection feel to them, as emenius said...I'll have to take a look. Later however, at school. When I get home they'll be the first guys I check out.
Oh my fault severed... I didn't know you were in here...

/stalking harder
My Sig =
EPIC FAIL
Last edited by MetalOblivion93 at Jan 19, 2009,