so i started out experimenting with tapping, and it kinda evolved from there. lots of harmonization, and i tried out a synth.

so yeah, crit!
Attachments:
an idea.zip
Wow sounds great, keep it up. Where did u get the synth?
Quote by Jaymz_515
I pretend I'm a huge spider laying eggs, then when I flush the toilet I fall to floor screaming "MY CHILLLDRENN!! NOOOO!"

If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
- Mitch Hedberg
I loved it!!! The intro was pretty epic, and so was the synth. I liked the bridge too. The verse was great, and I loved the harmonization. But the drums arent really doin it for me.
That was pretty good, although the chord progressions in some spots sounded kind of generic. The only other qualm I have with this song is the interlude at bar 35, it didn't really flow well after the chorus.

Other than that, good job. I like the snyth, and especially how it didn't dominate all the other instruments like so many songs here are prone to do.
I must say dude, thats was pretty god damn good!

im no regular on hardcore/metalcore/deathcore/posthardcore but that was really really good!

i wouldnt edit a thing, i was expecting a heavy breakdown but after hearing it, i dont think it needs one! well done!
"We carry death out of the village!"
I liked the song overall, everything ran well, I personally thought all the pieces fitted together.

My only qualm was that occasionally (pre-chorus, chorus) the rhythms on the guitar/bass were a bit odd for the song, namely the gallops. It seemed to make the song stutter, but of course this is my opinion.

Sounded great though, good job.
hey, thanks for the crit!

Intro: I liked the harmonized tapping. that could be the best tapping intro since The Fall of Troys "I Just Got This Symphony Going!".

Verse: Clean guitar is great, i love it. great flow throughout

Pre-Chorus/Chorus: Didnt really do it for me. too bland..but i guess with vocals and all it would have to make it a high point. i also dont think those 6/4 bars fit right.

Interlude: I like what guitar 1 is doing over the other guitar. it sounds good and leads well back into the verse.

Bridge: Immediately i picked up the synth and it sounds great here, kinda like Scary Kids Scaring Kids or something along those lines. Bridge pt. 2 is very Scary-esque with the addition of the lead guitar. its great!

Great way to end the song too, it really wraps everything up and brings it to a head.

Overall, great tune! Ill have to give it a 8.7/10. The chorus just didnt flow the way i had it in my head, i guess. but great overall!
-Epi LP Ultra
-Mashall MG100HDFX half-stack
-Tama Imperialstar
-Epi "Hater-Slayer"
-Fender Ultimate Chorus
-Fender US Strat
-'51 Fender Pro-Amp Model 5A5 TV Front (sexy beast)
-Wechter Pathfinder A/E
-Washburn D-10SB
thanks for the crits guys!

its nice to know i did well on this, :P

i know there were a few sketchy parts, but i polished them off to the best of my ability.

guess i just need more practice

and good job picking up the sksk influence apollo.

*thumbs up!*
dude, this is one of your best. it sounds pretty sweet. the beginning delayed tapping was excellent.

I couldn't really find anything wrong besides the Eb on that D5 (778) didn't really flow with me. otherwise, there was some really awesome drums and bass and everything. good use of synth. really cool song man.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
hey mate, thanks for your crit.

Well, I must admit that I was blown of when i heard the intro. Although it sounded epic, the idea of fading in track by track was pretty cool...The drums are tight.. The only thing that is bothering me is the last 2 notes of bar 49 and so on. I think the rhythm of the bridge sounds so generic. But the synth is pretty cool. And you should change the ending.

Alright, Overall, 8.5/10 .

Man, I really admire you for your synth tracks.. Keep it up...
Thanks for the crit

That was awesome. I love that intro! And the clean part is really nice. As said before, the synth is really good without dominating the song too much. My favourite part was the bridge though. The synth there was great. As said before the chord progressions are quite generic but it works Not a lot else to say really. Great work!
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
That was rather nice!

I find most of the time tapping in songs sound just way to ridiculus when most bands try it. You definately have a success in that sense. I wasn't really bugged by an odd note/didn't hear any (or maybe thats because I've been listening to too many experimental genre, and my ears gone all used to it lol) All cool to me.

It was nice how you tastefully used synth but I found it was often too hard to hear what it was adding. I understand the pro's of keeping it somewhat back in mix so it doesn't sound uber cheesy, but on the other end of the scale theres not being able to hear much it at all. The string part was perfect volume wise imo.

The one last thing that bugged me was the bass drum on every beat throughout the intro and verse. I have no doubt it would sound miles better if you varied the pattern a bit, but then again maybe that would distract listeners from the other main points of the music... I dunno

Whether or not this is a generic chord progression would depend on what kind of vocals are intended to go over it. Typical modern high register post-hardcore singing would make it generic, not that I'm knocking that style 'cause I love it as much as the next PH fan. Then again I don't know if you ever intend this piece to be band material so this point is well... pointless, in that case.

The fact of the matter is the progression works in the context of the song, and changing it up would no doubt just complicate matters.

would you mind terribly having a look-see at one of mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1014290
Quote by Of_Wolves
That was rather nice!

I find most of the time tapping in songs sound just way to ridiculus when most bands try it. You definately have a success in that sense. I wasn't really bugged by an odd note/didn't hear any (or maybe thats because I've been listening to too many experimental genre, and my ears gone all used to it lol) All cool to me.

It was nice how you tastefully used synth but I found it was often too hard to hear what it was adding. I understand the pro's of keeping it somewhat back in mix so it doesn't sound uber cheesy, but on the other end of the scale theres not being able to hear much it at all. The string part was perfect volume wise imo.

The one last thing that bugged me was the bass drum on every beat throughout the intro and verse. I have no doubt it would sound miles better if you varied the pattern a bit, but then again maybe that would distract listeners from the other main points of the music... I dunno

Whether or not this is a generic chord progression would depend on what kind of vocals are intended to go over it. Typical modern high register post-hardcore singing would make it generic, not that I'm knocking that style 'cause I love it as much as the next PH fan. Then again I don't know if you ever intend this piece to be band material so this point is well... pointless, in that case.

The fact of the matter is the progression works in the context of the song, and changing it up would no doubt just complicate matters.

would you mind terribly having a look-see at one of mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1014290
i think the synth volume changes from computer to computer, because others might have the "SW synth" volume up or down, which changes it. feel free to adjust it accordingly, :P i want it to blend with everything else instead of dominating over the tracks

i shall check yours out