I just got my new Fender American Standard Stratocaster tonight and went to tune it and the E string broke! So I didn't even get a chance to play it.
Do you think I should get the same strings it came with:
Fender Bullet ST3250L (.009 - .042) or should I go for a different type?

thanks
maybe you need some thicker ones
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Depends on personal preference. Nickel-plated steel strings are good for trems and have a good sound. It is all up to you and your playing style. *I use Ernie Ball strings on all of my electrics*
Quote by die_kenny_die
ok, don't you NEED an erection before penetration?? lol. anyways, condoms do occasionally break, and you CAN get her pregnant but you probably didn't. but make her go get the morning after pill. or fall down stairs. or something.
I'd throw at least some 10's on that girl! That's like giving your wife a mop for xmas. You're going to get hit with it in the back of the head when you're not looking.
Guitar: '83 Fender American Stratocaster
Amp: '67 Fender Bandmaster
Effects: TS808 clone, SHO boost, MXR+ distortion
Most guitar stores sell individual strings. The Super Bullets used in your guitar have the bullet shaped ball end. There's nothing saying that you have to restring it with the same thing. I've restrung my son's Fender with D'Addario XL strings and they seem to work equally as well. It's always a good idea to have a few extra sets of strings laying around, especially if you gig. When you break a string, it sure makes it a lot easier to grab a spare set and get 'er going again.
What's a set cost, about?
Is it ok to replace 1 string or is it better (and cheap enough) to just resting the whole guitar?
You can get a pack of strings anywhere from 3.99 up to around 20 bucks... Depending on what material the strings are made of, whether or not they are treated, and even the brand... If you want to use treated strings... I recommend anything but Elixir... They sound bad and the material starts to come off and look like a snake skin.

...Yes you can get single strings. You should be able to find them at some guitar shops.
Quote by die_kenny_die
ok, don't you NEED an erection before penetration?? lol. anyways, condoms do occasionally break, and you CAN get her pregnant but you probably didn't. but make her go get the morning after pill. or fall down stairs. or something.
YES!

I was looking for a November 08'er...

But I'd go with 10's for you, although they take more tension to get in tune, their thicker gauges will sustain added strength and cleaner sound.
ADVERTISING SPACE FOR SALE!
I don't charge much...

If you don't click this , you'll die :/
Yes. If you play harder styles of music... I suggest Ernie Ball Skinny Top- Heavy Bottom strings. They are .010-.052.
Quote by die_kenny_die