i was wondering how most people write songs because i am just starting and i don t know if i am writing wrong but how i do it is i think of a song i really like then make my own lyrics to that rythme and then once i like the lyrics make my own rythme how does everyone else make songs?
there is no wrong way to write, but first of all and this is true wether your writing music poetry or novels, write about what you know

and usually i just get a line stuck in my head and build off that i never just sit down with nothing in my head and say im gonna write a song it just doesnt work for me, but like i said there is no wrong way
I find its sometimes better to not try and sit down and think of the lyrics, but just let them come to me randomly during me day to day. I write them down as I think of them and then later put them, together like a puzzle. If all the pices fit you get a pretty cool picture.
Quote by Aquaman788
I find its sometimes better to not try and sit down and think of the lyrics, but just let them come to me randomly during me day to day. I write them down as I think of them and then later put them, together like a puzzle. If all the pices fit you get a pretty cool picture.

yeah i think of lyrics while im in school and i write them down and when i get home i try to make it a song
Quote by longhorntex6
yeah i think of lyrics while im in school and i write them down and when i get home i try to make it a song

yea thats basically what i do too, ill hear something that someone says and for some reason those words get stuck in my head and ill go home and sit down with my bass (which happens to be my favorite instrument to write with) and just sing that line to different tunes and eventually more lines will come to me and before i know it i have a song
Look, there really isn't a right or wrong way to write a song.
It's all about what works best for you. Just try out different ways.
Like, start with something you feel the need to write about, and then just be totally honest with yourself, and how you feel about whatever you're writing about.
And just start writing.
It's all about how you feel dude.

Good luck.
Quote by longhorntex6
how do you right?
if you know how to left, just make 3 of those and you have a right.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
if you know how to left, just make 3 of those and you have a right.

Anyway, you should check out the Tips thread stickied at the top of this forum, it's pretty helpful.