So, I got a pair of push pull pots for a wiring harness I'm putting together, and I had my iron hot and my solder ready and I was about to get started when I realized I'm not sure if I can ground the signal to the back like you do on normal pots. Can you do that? Here's a pic:

I'm thinking you can just ground it to the flat surface right there on "top", which will actually be the back, or bottom, of the pot. If that's not something I can do, where the heck do I ground it?

Also, on a completely unrelated note, I wanted to share a story about how I stuck it to the man, saved money, and got to smell the sweet smell of industrial strength permanent markers all in one fell swoop. So, you need red ( sometimes white ) and black wire for putting together a harness right? Well I was mad that I had to buy 3 spools of wire when all I would use is like half of one. So I bought the white spool for 1/3 the price and colored the wire lengths I needed black and red with industrial grade permanent markers!

Money saved! Man stuck'ed to! Dangerously powerful chemicals inhaled! Hurray!

Ahem...excuse me...uh...so, does anyone know where I ground those pots?
if the pot cover and the switch cover are touching/connected with conductive material, as I expect they are, you can ground to either. i think those pots usually have an indent in the back of the pot cover that is usually easier to solder to, but it doesn't matter.
'59 Bassman Reissue
Custom Strat
Custom McCarty
Custom OM
Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Wah
Quote by gazaa
if the pot cover and the switch cover are touching/connected with conductive material, as I expect they are, you can ground to either. i think those pots usually have an indent in the back of the pot cover that is usually easier to solder to, but it doesn't matter.

There's no indentation, but if you're right, it shouldn't matter. Would it be worth my while soldering a patch from the control casing to the back of the pot?

Also, you certainly are a gentleman; posting advice for me right after I yelled at you in the other kid's thread about the Squire modding...I'm just being a jerk all over the place tonight. Sorry for barkin' at ya, and thanks again for the tips!
Probably to the top lug on the the DPDT switch,

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man