Yeah, when I play I tend to bite the inside of my upper lip, Is there anyway to prevent that (Other than Start smoking, it works, but still.)

Also, what does UG do while they play?
I somehow end up closing my eyes during fast solos. Completely natural, i won't realize it until i finish the solo.
Herman Ri does that thing with his mouth that makes him look like a goldfish when he "shreds". So you're not that bad after all.
if you wanna prevent that then just make a concoius effort to not bite ur lip...but i don't see anything wrong with it. when ur with the music that's all ur thinking about, other movements are natural.
To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true.

When jamming with friends, one friend noticed that another friend takes a breath for every 4 or so notes he plays. I didn't notice this before and its funny to make make fun of him for that.
I bite my lip sometimes too.
Quote by ScythePuppet
When jamming with friends, one friend noticed that another friend takes a breath for every 4 or so notes he plays. I didn't notice this before and its funny to make make fun of him for that.

Get him to play a pink floyd song.

Hell pass out.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by Oujou
Yeah, when I play I tend to bite the inside of my upper lip, Is there anyway to prevent that (Other than Start smoking, it works, but still.)

Also, what does UG do while they play?

lol i do that when i play my rock band drums, dont know why....
My Gear...
Fender Deluxe Fat Strat
Fernandes Retrorocket
Epiphone G400
Blackstar HT-5c
Blackstar HT Club 40
Quote by GuitarGuy X
Herman Ri does that thing with his mouth that makes him look like a goldfish when he "shreds". So you're not that bad after all.

Yes! Screw him and his Engrish. He sucks so much and his faces are gay.
Referring to the actual question, just kinda make a concious effort to stop. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I still can't stop making stupid faces during solos.
I can't speak or I screw up
U-G Profile

Gear:
Seagull S Series Acoustic
Ibanez RG2EX1
DigiTech Grunge Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
DigiTech Hardwire Series TL-2 Metal Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
1980 Fender Vibro Champ (Weber Speaker, 6L6)
The reason I need to stop is because I started bleeding today XD
I do the guitar hump.

Its hard to explain, its like as if you were badly dry humping a girl in front of you. but instead of a girl its a guitar. and you have pants on.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
During fast passages I stop breathing, and during slow bluesy stuff, like The Thrill is Gone, or when doing 12 bar jams and playing the rhythm part I tend to jive a bit or slowly rock from the waist or bend my knees when I bend a note for a long time.
My bandmates say that I keep my mouth open as I play solos
My Gear:

-Ibanez SZ 320 (Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz)
-Laney LC 30-II tube combo
-Yamaha C-40
-Suzuki steel string acoustic

+Lots of effect pedals and other crap..
when im doing fast downpicking like MOP i make a GRRR face
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
I bite my tongue while I play, and I only notice it hurts after I've finished!
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here