Poll Options
View poll results: Which one?
Xbox 360
18 67%
PS3
9 33%
Voters: 27.
Hey
Im going to get one of these for christmas.
At first i was thinking of getting the PS3 but apparently there is a big difference in graphics and the xbox is better?
I was looking at the standard 360 (not the arcade or elite) which is only $399 here in OZ. The fact that you need to pay to go online would be irrelevant because i would not use the gold membership after the 1 month free.
The ps3 does have a bluray player but im not that fussed about bluray movies yet.
So ill put up a poll and i would appreciate opinions, thanks.
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Gaming thread, and if you're not going online go with the PS3, it's got Blu Ray and the best thing about Xbox is live.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
They're both excellent systems. My advice is to look at the game roster and decide which system has more games you like.

The blu-ray player is good, but if you're not big on blu-ray, it's kinda pointless. And as far as online play goes, I don't do multiplayer, but I really like my 360. Depends on what you want out of a system, and again, I say look at the games and let that be the factor.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Are the graphics better on 360 coz i have a 1080i tv?

And yeh i dont really need/want blu ray player.
They both can play music and store it though which i want.
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
PS3 definitely...the Xbox 360 may cost less than the PS3, but in the long run, the PS3 will be more rewarding....and now it comes with 80GB and free internet access (thru wifi). And like some dude said, go check the games out and decide what you like. Graphics and speed is better on PS3 btw.
All PS3 has going for it is blu-ray and apparently better graphics. All i've seen from it is bad framerates(GTAIV, Brothers In Arms) Stupid install screens, some shitty games, Inferior graphics(GTA4 again) and the same offline play as 360.
360 is the same damn thing(gaming-wise) but with an amazing online experience. I've had much more fun with a 360 than the PS3.
Quote by jake_1234
Are the graphics better on 360 coz i have a 1080i tv?

And yeh i dont really need/want blu ray player.
They both can play music and store it though which i want.

Honestly, people say yes and no from both sides. I think they're pretty close from what I've seen of them.

I think if the PS3 had a backwards compatibility option (still), I'd have considered it more strongly.

the 360 has monthly/bi monthly updates that increase back comp. for older xbox games.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Gaming thread *reported*
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
In the long run the PS3 will be better value. Plus the 360 seems to have a lot more tech issues than the PS3. Don't get me wrong the 360 is fun and if you don't feel like shelling out the extra cash on the PS3 by all means go with the 360 but the PS3 will be capable of better graphics in a few years when they really try to push its maximum settings.
Washburn WI-64
Jackson DK2
Randall RM100C
Digitech RP200A
Digitech DF-7
Digitech Phase Shifter
Boss OS-2
Boss Bf-2
Quote by mreed1990
Gaming thread *reported*

What is wrong with people like you? Jesus. You couldn't just let it go - you had to report it then say *reported.* You're like a four year old who got his tricycle taken on the playground.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
What is wrong with people like you? Jesus. You couldn't just let it go - you had to report it then say *reported.* You're like a four year old who got his tricycle taken on the playground.

the point of saying *reported* is so people know that a thread is reported. since you arent supposed to post in a reported thread, it is necessary.

also, he had every right to report this thread. there is a thread for gaming. anything related to gaming should be posted in that thread.

dont come down on people for following the rules.