i got a 70$ gift card to guitar center and i have really no idea how to spend it, so give me some suggestions i play a wide range of stuff but mostly clean and some jazz. so yeah.. thanks
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
Strings....a shitload of them...

or a pedal...

or good cables

or picks
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
here's some basics: NICE strap. i actually LOVE my Levi strap, cost like $40 though....and then get quality cables, patch cables...then maybe put the rest towards a nice pedal.

whatever you do, use that card quick!! if anyone else was watchin' CNN today, you prolly saw how so many businesses are going bankrupt and millions of dollars of giftcards are expected to be down the drain.

actually i'm sure your GC card will be just fine lol
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
lol yeah man the source in canada applied for protection the other day....
Quote by slash_rocks2005
here's some basics: NICE strap. i actually LOVE my Levi strap, cost like $40 though....and then get quality cables, patch cables...then maybe put the rest towards a nice pedal.

whatever you do, use that card quick!! if anyone else was watchin' CNN today, you prolly saw how so many businesses are going bankrupt and millions of dollars of giftcards are expected to be down the drain.

actually i'm sure your GC card will be just fine lol

I've never heard of good quality cables that cheap. I guess you could find decent ones but quality? And still have money left over? If you're actually serious, I need the brand name cause I'm tired of paying $50 for Mogamis.
I got 2 sets of 20 ft. monster cables (warranty is why i buy them over PW) for like just under 70....
Quote by Brendan.Clace
I got 2 sets of 20 ft. monster cables (warranty is why i buy them over PW) for like just under 70....

Yea, I've tried Monsters. I'm not a huge fan. They tend to stop working for me when I need them most. The Mogamis have the same warranty and I like them better. But he was saying buy a $40 strap then some quality cables and use the rest on a good pedal, that was what I was wondering about.
Quote by mmolteratx
Yea, I've tried Monsters. I'm not a huge fan. They tend to stop working for me when I need them most. The Mogamis have the same warranty and I like them better. But he was saying buy a $40 strap then some quality cables and use the rest on a good pedal, that was what I was wondering about.

Exactly why i buy the monsters.... new cables if shit goes down
1. A really fancy Levi's strap. Those higher-end ones are like just another piece of clothing in terms of the comfort they give to the guitar.

2. A Dunlop GCB-95. It's a wah, and it's pretty good for $70.

3. Some Boss pedals. Boss is a great brand and they make low-price stuff, you could get a good pedal or two with that if you pitch in some extra.

4. New pickup(s). Let's face it; every tone can be improved.

5. Tubes. Got a tube amp with dying tubes? Boom, new sound.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15
+1 to the levi strap I've had mine hooked up to some strap locks for a while and I love it.

I wouldn't worry about monster cables, livewires do the same job for chepaer.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by mindstealer
I agree with the pickup suggestion. Pickups are one of the most important factors in tone.

No... pickups don't make much of a difference in tone.
General rule of thumb is, a pickup swap is for making a good tone better.
Amp > cables > pedal quality > (clean power for said pedals) > speakers..
following along that list (order subject to opinions) I'd say pickups are one of the least important factors in tone. Although one could more interpret it as the unsung hero. Just don't get pickups thinking they'll fix shitty tone.
A compression pedal. Great for clean stuff. the MXR Dyna Comp is like 60 bucks. Fits your bill perfectly
Sig What?
when i said 'quality' guitar cable, i meant like a good one that doesn't come from a starter pack, radio shack (SHIT cables if you ask me) etc...

i wouldn't spend that much on cables anytime soon. but i'm also not a serious gigging musician. i've also heard my rhythm guitarist's fender gold cable...i'm not quite sure it's worth all the money.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out