Hey guys,

I've been trying to replicate a similar effect like this:

What starts up here at 1:17 (a Digitech whammy pedal is added to this):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6pGbr0Hmbw

It's also all over this live performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOtfvq5PoGA

It sounds like a fast Leslie effect to me. I'm not too terribly strict about replicating it perfectly, but would like something very similar and something I could change a bit. I just really like fast, dizzying, whirling sounds like this. Could anyone recommend me an effect that would suit this?

So far I'm thinking a DLS Chorus Vibe might be best, but I'm open to suggestions. True bypass is a plus, and anything around $200 or less is good. It has to be at least as fast as what I've shown here.
Yeah, I think it's a keyboard on the original recording though. Live it sounds like really fast chorus to me.
Quote by GNRjungle87
Yeah, I think it's a keyboard on the original recording though. Live it sounds like really fast chorus to me.

Could very well be.. but they did a hell of a good job of making the guitar sound the same if they did.
awesome sound - i'd definately say its a fast chorus/univibe. you could maybe get away with that sound with a fast flanger but im not sure...why don't you search queens of the stone age's gear? and i agree the 1st link i think they probably used a keyboard, i'm not sure about the live video
Quote by dbl93100
awesome sound - i'd definately say its a fast chorus/univibe. you could maybe get away with that sound with a fast flanger but im not sure...why don't you search queens of the stone age's gear? and i agree the 1st link i think they probably used a keyboard, i'm not sure about the live video

I'm a member on the QOTSA forums, so I asked a while ago, and no one has a clue as to what the exact pedal is, and they're usually the fans who stalk these guys in order to figure it out. QOTSA has a history of being extremely secretive about their gear, so chances are no one knows but them, their roadies, producers, sound engineers, and good friends.