It'll be something of a higher register Death From Above with more melodic vocals and jazz fusion influence...

Not to blow my own trumpet/strum my own guitar... but we're both really good at our instruments, but obviously, no matter how well we play them it might always sound like we're missing a 3rd element. You reckon we could pull it off?
Once We Were Anarchists
I think you can. I saw the Helios Sequence play last month and they are just drums and a guitar. They sounded good. I was impressed with how full tehy sounded, actually.
I'm not familiar with Death From Above but Black Keys and White Stripes are just 2 people and I like them pretty well. You might wanna check them out to see what kind of sound you might get
Triggers for the drums? Maybe some bass pedals that you could use... if you're that adept. That would be tricky. Still it'd fill the void.

Considering todays guitar tones you could most likely get into the lower bass ranges, and cover those frequencies.

Anything is possible...

Stranger things have happened...

can't think of more cliche's
1988 Epi LP Custom
Peavey Wolfgang Special
G&L ASAT Classic Tribute
PRS SE Soapbar
PRS SE Custom
Jet City JCA20H
VOX lil' Night Train
Celestion Greenback and Vintage 30 Speakers
Assorted Pedals and swag
local h is also just 2 pplz
Quote by Sicko 21X7
tremelo the brown note until she caves
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsBUGm5YCzA These lads are from near me and they are amazing, only a guitarist/vocalist and a drummer, dunno how they fill out the sound, but it works live, they are playing tonight, might see them.

A duo can work, if you really need bass you can get Midi Bass Pedals, which are like organ bass pedals, Yngwie uses them for solos so he can have the bass notes follow what he does.

I'd say practice together and see how it goes, if it works play on
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"
Quote by Sancho839
three words: The Black Keys.

Two words:

White Stripes.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
yeah it'd work, the white stripes and the black keys do it. you can always use a whammy pedal or something if you want to do a bass part in a song (think seven nation army). But try it out, and if it sounds good, go for it. Yeah i know you didn't say "white stripes", but when i see two piece band they're the first band i think of.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
There are plenty of 2-piecers out there, most better than The White Stripes in my opinion. Such as The Dresden Dolls, of course they work really well because its piano and drums, the piano can fill the bass lol
I'm quite tired so my mind is drawing a blank, I'll get back to you when i'm more awake......
Oh yeah, They Might Be Giants are a great 2-piece, Guitar and Accordian/Piano and a drum machine. That was the early years though and they've since adopted a full band
Also Rodrigo Y Gabriela, but I'm not sure if they apply here because its just 2 guitars. Same goes for Flight of the Conchords but you get the idea...
Quote by ravioli123

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
Last edited by ravioli123 at Nov 15, 2008,
Cool cheers guys, lots of acts I'd never heard of to look into!

Only thing is, White Stripes often over-dub extra layers, even live, and I wouldn't be the first person to say that Jack White trundling around in front of Meg's buffoonish drumming isn't the most entertaining show in the world. Hopefully we can overcome this with insane rocking, and maybe even wheels for the drums.

Probably not.
Once We Were Anarchists
I don't see why not... '...And Justice For All' is only guitar/drums/vocals, and it still sold shedloads

ok, there's a tiny tiny tiny amount of bass guitar there, but there may as well not be
out of here
The white stripes use bass, or octaver on the guitar, overdubbed in the studio recordings though. So I won't call them a true 2man band. Although it is, but then every solo artist is a band.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
http://www.thomann.de/ie/roland_pk_5.htm
I'm planning on adding this to my rig as soon as I can, have it plugged into my keyboard with Midi and from the keyboard to a laptop. Handy if your switching between guitar and keyboard constantly.

You should also check out this loop station
http://www.thomann.de/ie/boss_rc20_xl.htm
That can really help in layering your sound.

Even without those 2 gadgets you'll be fine in a two-piece.
Quote by ravioli123

Quote by Danny7
You reckon we could pull it off?

Only you can answer that question.
shred is gaudy music
Eh, I would say go for it, but if you feel your music needs a bass, just get one. Don't be a two piece just to be a two piece.
thank god someone said hella. White stripes suck. so no.
myspace.com/soundsofmeta