You will need: Protools, Way of recording your instrument to Protools, Video Camera, a bit of spare time, and guitar pro 5 would help
Basically, as part of my BA Music project I need to do a multi-media performance track. I want to do like a world band type thing, where I will record a track with people from around the world, then I will project it onto a screen and play the final part- guitar- myself.
The track has to be 10 minutes long, so I'll have to do 3 songs (Which will be decided after I have found the vocalists as certain songs will need male singers, some will need females). It'll be something easy that wont need much learning so probably a pop song like Avril Lavigne or something.
I will need a drummer, singer, Bassist, and Rhythm guitarist...but I will need 3 of each so I can change the person part way through (so it's like I'm playing 3 songs with 3 different bands)
I need it to be video recorded for the video so It will be like a live performance (gig).
You will need to tune to 440Hz (most tuners have a button to check this) as some countries tuners are slightly different which will make it sound out of tune.
You will also have to master the track at 16bit, 44.1. As this is also different in other countries. I only need the stems though, you don't have to mix, I can do that
1) drummer records the 3 tracks to a click + film it...then sends me it
2) I will then send the track to the bassist who will record the bass over + film then send it to me
3) I will then send that to the rhythm guitarist, who will record the rhythm guitar +film then send it to me
4) I will then send that to the vocalist who will record the vocals + film then send it to me.
______(If I can get enough people, I will do this 3 times, for the 3 takes).____
5) I will then mix the track
6) I will then put the videos together on 1 screen and sync the music to the videos.
7) I will then project this onto a screen and play the lead guitar part over the top (recording the sound+being filmed) - This is the multi-media performance part so that's the whole thing done
8) If anyone who was involved wants to see the final product I'll upload it to Youtube
If you've any questions regarding this before you say yes to helping, ask away
I don't have long to do this so quick responses and quick recordings would be great.
Drums recorded by: Friday 26th Oct
Bass recorded by: Friday 2nd Nov
Guitar recorded by: Friday 9th Nov
Vocals recorded by: Friday 16th Nov
(This is due to me only just being assigned it, and it having to be in first week of December).
So, to summarise, 12 people with Pro tools, Way to record to Pro-tools (Audio Interface, mic. etc) and Video camera needed! (guitar pro would help for learning the songs so we all have the same thing but that's not essential).
Post on here, and when I have 3 people of each instrument interested we'll sort out some sort of e-mail/Facebook group or something.