In this lesson I share with you the thought process that is going on in my mind as I improvise over a backing track. I consider that is really beneficial to think about what your playing and why are you playing it.
In this process I go through these steps:
1. Take note of the tempo and subdivisions.
2. Start playing with the goal of blending in (by using the volume control).
3. Try to figuring out the key by hearing the arrangement.
4. The next note should be an interval of a second (the "Happy Birthday" interval).
5. Go to the perfect fifth (the interval that can be found in six of the seven church modes).
6. Take advantage of finger memory to find more sounds.
You can download the backing tracks I used on this lesson for free HERE
►Subscribe to my Youtube channel https://goo.gl/CmJzN2
By David Walliman, http://www.guitarinfusion.com