Steps for songwriting:
1. Ask yourself what you want in a song you write; genre, length, speed, loudness, clarity, etc.
2. Set up a personal tone. Get your amp, guitar, stompboxes, etc, tuned to your, and only yours, "perfect tone."
3) Now you are ready to actually write. Start by making a single riff, and record it on your phone/computer, or write it down. Just make sure you can remember it later on.
4) Take the riff you made, and improve on it. Try and add a few more notes, speed it up, slow it down, anything that you think makes it sound better. Never stop improving it.
5) Decide whether this particular riff is fit for a chorus, breakdown, pre-chorus, intro, outro, etc. This will help you piece the song together later.
6) Write 2, 3, or any amount you prefer more of riffs. Then follow step 4 again.
7) Take all the riffs you have created, and piece them together, in different orders, and try different orders repeatedly, until you find an order you like.
8) Now it is time to practice, practice, and practice. The better you can play your new song, the easier it will be to record later.
9) Now you are ready to record your first song!
Thank you for reading this lesson, tell me what you thought of it, I would appreciate the advice, or complements! If you are wondering why I chose this style in writing, it is because I have written one studio album, and I taught myself this way of doing it, and have found that in doing so, i can write a lot more creatively this way! Thanks again!