UG editorial team. A group of people who are passionate about guitar and music in general.
If you happen to one of those knuckleheads, we are actually willing to reveal that one secret of getting all the ladies for yourself - no years of hard work, no decade-long forging of your craft and style, just a few basic steps. We also added a few extra optional suggestions just to spice it up.
0. A GuitarPreferably acoustic, but anything goes.
1. C–G–Am–FOr the I–V–vi–IV progression. It's no secret that at least half of the pop realm has been using the four-chord progression for many decades to churn out various hits. Axis of Awesome have demonstrated this very nicely, chances are that you already know the tune.
2. Down-Miss-Down-Up-Miss-Up-Down-Up Strumming PatternOr the most common strumming pattern ever. It has all the rhythm and groove you need and is equally simple to master.
3. A Lyric GeneratorFinally, shape up your tune with a catchy vocal melody and some heart-breaking lyrics. You don't actually need to put an effort into the whole thing, it's the era of internet after all. Find an online song generator like this and you've got the whole thing in a bag.
Extra TouchIf you happen to be bringing a lady friend over, here are a few items to add that extra spice.
4. This Cheesy 'I Pick You' Guitar Pick
5. This Cheesy Guitar Wine Bottle Holder
6. This Cheesy Cheese Board
Or...Or just screw the whole love thing! You know how the old tune goes...
So whether you'll be spending this gorgeous cash-in holiday with your loved one, forever alone, or somewhere in between, we'd like to wish the whole UG community a happy Valentine's Day!