This week's traditional Wednesday Question saw the people of UG community discussing the matter of greatest wake-up songs ever. Based on your votes and more than 250 comments, we summed this one up to traditional Top 25 rundown.
Before kicking things off, the honorable mentions are:
- The Vines - Get Free
- Rush - Spirit of the Radio
- Howard Shore - Concerning Hobbits
- Deftones - Needles and Pins
- "American Dad" theme song
- Slipknot - Eyeless
And here's the list! Be prepared for a lot of "Wake Up" puns here...
25. James Brown - Sex Machine
"Get uppa!.." James Brown's energy plus amazing groove definitely will help you to start your morning!
24. Korn - Wake Up
"Wake the fuck up! Wake the fuck up! Wake the fuck up!"
23. Machine Head - Beautiful Mourning
Even if your morning isn't so beautiful - awake the pain to anger... or just wake up from your bed.
22. Judas Priest - Painkilller
You need to wake up, but you can't? Rob Halford's energetic high-pitched vocals definitely will help to do this.
21. Sublime - What I Got
You know, that morning... But anyway the sun is shining - becuse the love is what you got!
20. Dethklok - Awaken
"Musta-Krakish, The time has come, to awaken him!.." Wake him up and get up yourself!
19. Megadeth - Wake Up Dead
Just great energetic song from Megadeth to wake up and to become alive.
18. Monty Python - Always Look on the Bright Side of Life
This song is ideal for almost all cases in the life - and if you need to wake up from your bed, it fits too!
17. The Velvet Underground & Nico - Sunday Morning
Just a soothing way to start the day...
16. Metallica - For Whom the Bell Tolls
You know, starting with a bell, this song is really great to help you to wake up.
15. The Rolling Stones - Start Me Up
"If you start me up I'll never stop..." Smooth but energetic beginning of the day.
14. The Doors - Roadhouse Blues
"You gotta roll, roll, roll..." Another great reason to wake up.
13. Pink Floyd - Time
A great reminder of how fleeting time is, and that it's not worth to spend it in a bed.
12. Pantera - The Great Southern Trendkill
Do you have a problem with waking up in the morning? Just set this song on your alarm.
11. Edvard Grieg - Morning (from 'Peer Gynt')
Maybe one of the most beautiful ways to start your morning...
10. Boston - More Than a Feeling
"I looked out this morning and the sun was gone / Turned on some music to start my day..."
9. Mad Season - Wake Up
"Wake up young man, it's time to wake up..."
8. Smash Mouth - All Star
Uplifting and groovy, this Smash Mouth's hit is also great to start your day!
7. Richard Wagner - Ride of the Valkyries
This classic masterpiece will fill you with strength and confidence in the morning...
6. Napalm Death - You Suffer
Napalm Death's "You Suffer" is no stranger to many of our lists - and you vote for it again. Just make the sound on your alarm clock to the maximum and put this on an endless repeat.
5. Alice in Chains - Them Bones
Just a powerful beginning of your morning!
4. Wham! - Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
Just play this song at the morning - and it'll make your day better.
3. Sonny & Cher - I Got You Babe
You know, Groundhog Day... Maybe an ideal alarm song for every... single... morning.
2. Rage Against the Machine - Wake Up
If you don't even pay attention to the meaning of the song, it's almost ideal to start your day.
1. System of a Down - Chop Suey!
You know... "Wake up! Grab a brush and put a little... makeup!.."
That's all folks! Know more great wake-up songs? Feel free to post them in the comment section below. And we hope you enjoyed the top, stay tuned until next week for another WQ!