Aerosmith Were Boob Victims

Bassist Hamilton says 60 Minutes presenter wore low-cut top to get band to slate singer Tyler then edited the clips in an attempt to trap him.

Aerosmith Were Boob Victims
0
Bassist Hamilton says 60 Minutes presenter wore low-cut top to get band to slate singer Tyler then edited the clips in an attempt to trap him. Aerosmith bassist Tom Hamilton has accused TV producers of carefully editing band interviews in order to trap frontman Steven Tyler. He's branded the people behind CBS flagship news magazine 60 Minutes as "brutal" for their work and says he and his colleagues were forced into a state of nerves because of presenter Lara Logan's low-cut top. The feature saw Hamilton, Joe Perry, Joey Kramer and Brad Whitford listing the things they didn't like about Tyler, who was then shown edited footage, leading him to say: "I think my busting everyone's chops is what got this band to where it is. I get the hits. Yeah, I'm that good." The bassist insists their quotes were taken out of context:"It was tough to watch. They took comments we made during very deep conversations and sort of barraged Steven with them. I thought it was a little brutal." He accepts they did put their criticisms on record but argues there was another side to the conversations which producers left out. "It was the truth. It was everybody speaking what they were feeling. We talked about a lot of things involving anger yet a lot of other things involving brotherhood". "So Steven got pissed off and said a couple of things that were demeaning to the rest of us. I cringed a little bit, yet the second it was over I texted him and said, "You did a great job." But Hamilton can't guarantee he won't fall for the same trick again. "Lara Logan, the correspondent, had a very low-cut top on," he recalls. "I'm like, "Okay, this is sort of, get the band nervous with your cleavage and make them say stuff." And if you watch the interview you won't see that. "That's how they do it: they show their boobs and get you to talk about stuff. It works every time". Meanwhile, Aerosmith have confirmed the release of their long-awaited album of new material, their first in over a decade, has been delayed until the end of the year. Thanks for the report to Classicrockmagazine.com.

47 comments sorted by best / new / date

comments policy
    DemonicTurtle66
    Bassist Hamilton says 60 Minutes presenter wore low-cut top to get band to slate singer Tyler
    Was I the only who had a hard time reading this the first time?
    dewitt
    "Say something bad about Steven and we'll cut it a little lower." "Tell us how hard he is to be around and we'll tell her to do a shimmy." "Say he's an *****, and she'll take her top off."
    hmcguire
    Im like, "Okay, this is sort of, get the band nervous with your cleavage and make them say stuff."
    You would think that this wouldn't affect them, I mean they have probably got quite a lot already.
    centermass
    really? nothing else to report? thanks UG for always keeping me abreast of un interesting (ahem) music related news.
    Benjumanji
    Skarson wrote: boobs don't stare at themselves, guys. if you don't want to be made a fool of because you were staring at boobs, don't stare at boobs.
    Most girls wear those really tight, form-fitting shirts with print right across the chest and then get mad when guys look at their boobs. Low-cut shirts are even worse. I don't blame the dudes in Aerosmith at all for getting nervous. They show up expecting a professional environment and their interviewer is sitting down, probably with her legs crossed and leaning over for maximum visible boobage. Hardly surprising they'd pull this given 60 Minutes' track record for twisting the truth.
    Galvatron
    The guys in Aerosmith must become straight up retarded whenever they visit a strip bar. Honestly these guys have been in the game for quite awhile, of course CBS was going to edit what you say to fit their ratings agenda.
    SGstriker
    hmcguire wrote: Im like, "Okay, this is sort of, get the band nervous with your cleavage and make them say stuff." You would think that this wouldn't affect them, I mean they have probably got quite a lot already.
    Yeah, but they're all like 90 years old now. Show any 90 year old man boobies and they'll surely either get uneasy or keel over.
    tennesseehild
    This is the excuse a member of Aerosmith gives? Oh we'll let our daughters be strippers in our music videos but god help us if we see clevage outside our young'ns
    Ibeanez
    Seriously? A 'journalist' hired for her looks and 'assets'? I can't imagine that happening.
    BwareDWare94
    Skarson wrote: boobs don't stare at themselves, guys. if you don't want to be made a fool of because you were staring at boobs, don't stare at boobs.
    Yeah, because women don't want men to look at 'em, right? Current fashion says otherwise.
    iommi600
    "Say you're leavin on the seven thirty train and that you're headin' out to Hollyboob "
    thebigredjj10
    Skarson wrote: boobs don't stare at themselves, guys. if you don't want to be made a fool of because you were staring at boobs, don't stare at boobs.
    But I like 'em tig ol' bitties.
    Kenjamin91
    This article was pretty confusing to read. It made my brain hurt. Think I'll go look at pictures of this 60 Minutes chick to make it feel better.
    )v(egaFan90
    Sounds like a typical news organization taking words and editing footage to promote a sensationalistic story that doesn't exist. Also, wouldn't mind seeing Lara Logan in a low-cut top.
    MonsterOfRock
    "That's how they do it: they show their boobs and get you to talk about stuff. It works every time".
    QFT. The 2 and only reason why men are nervous in front of women.
    foopeppers
    "Aerosmith were boob victims" Is that not the most epic headline you have ever read??
    aldogia
    Dude...lame excuse. hahaha. "I saw boobs". Coming from the likes of Aerosmith....Please. Surely, after all these years on the road doing all sorts of fun things, clevage should really come as no real shock to them.
    Skarson
    boobs don't stare at themselves, guys. if you don't want to be made a fool of because you were staring at boobs, don't stare at boobs .
    Vabolo
    Awww, I was expecting UG to use a misleading title and have the article talk about birds or something.
    91RG350
    Minivirus2 wrote: There's no such thing as a boob victim.
    amen, brother
    Mouloudo
    WTF does that mean? now boobs have as side effect to make washed up rockers hate each other? that's the lames excuse I 've ever heard
    FERAL1975
    SGstriker wrote: hmcguire wrote: Im like, "Okay, this is sort of, get the band nervous with your cleavage and make them say stuff." You would think that this wouldn't affect them, I mean they have probably got quite a lot already. Yeah, but they're all like 90 years old now. Show any 90 year old man boobies and they'll surely either get uneasy or keel over.
    At that age all they have to do is look in the mirror to see low hanging cleavage! :oD
    Gman400
    I was gonna make a comment about how stupid he must be....then I saw her. Wowie.
    Miyagi84
    Skarson wrote: boobs don't stare at themselves, guys. if you don't want to be made a fool of because you were staring at boobs, don't stare at boobs.
    Yes, but your a journalist. Not you obviously, I mean Logan. Have some integrity and wear a turtle neck or something. It's 60 minutes not Spike TV. That being said, This is Aerosmith and Steven Tyler probably one of the most sex obsessed band and frontman in rock history so it makes sense. The grimey part was the doctoring of the personal interviews.
    thedevil
    they're like the sun, don't stare at them for too long or you'll go blind
    6-String_Madman
    Admit it guys! We are all boob victims.
    AeroRocker wrote: We're all powerless. Checked.
    Very well said, Sir!
    Phoenix V
    BwareDWare94 wrote: Skarson wrote: boobs don't stare at themselves, guys. if you don't want to be made a fool of because you were staring at boobs, don't stare at boobs.
    Quotes like this clearly show that the author has absolutely no idea about men and what they find interesting despite millenia of human evolvement. Who is the foolish one?
    Chronologo
    SGstriker wrote: hmcguire wrote: Im like, "Okay, this is sort of, get the band nervous with your cleavage and make them say stuff." You would think that this wouldn't affect them, I mean they have probably got quite a lot already. Yeah, but they're all like 90 years old now. Show any 90 year old man boobies and they'll surely either get uneasy or keel over.
    Even they could get killed by a heart attack hahaha