Argument Over Limp Bizkit Results In Murder

In a bizarre court case in Australia, it has been revealed that a man bludgeoned his flatmate to death after an argument broke out involving a Limp Bizkit album.

Argument Over Limp Bizkit Results In Murder
8
In a bizarre court case in Australia, it has been revealed that a man bludgeoned his flatmate to death after an argument broke out involving a Limp Bizkit album. According to the Brisbane Times, A Mr. James Albert Madden, objected when his flat mate, Emmanuel McPherson asked him turn off a Limp Bizkit album that was playing on his stereo. A fight then broke out in which Madden proceeded to fatally beat McPherson. Both men were intoxicated at the time. McPherson was found to have been put in a shopping trolley and dumped in a creek following the incident. Mr. Madden is currently pleading not guilty to the crime. However, Crown prosecutor Greg Cummings has said the jury will hear a confession he made to a man Mr Madden believed was a fellow cellmate, but was in fact an undercover police officer who had recorded four hours of conversations he had with Mr Madden in a jail cell. The jury will hear the officer ask Mr Madden if he was going to be released. He replied: "No. I've murdered a man. Killed him a couple of days ago." Limp Bizkit, the band whose music was at the heart of the dispute, have not commented on the incident. The band has recently finished work on "Gold Cobra", the first album since their original line-up reunion in 2009. The album is scheduled for release on June 28th and will reportedly feature guest appearances from members of The Wu Tang Clan and Kiss.

135 comments sorted by best / new / date

comments policy
    CrawlingHorror
    "Ok, so I'm a lesser human being because I enjoy some Limp Bizkit songs? I even like a lot of ICP. But my favorite band is Megadeth. I also just dropped like 150 dollars to go see Amon Amarth. So stop being a dumb shit and making stupid generalizations about people who like a certain band." Actually, it's idiots like you who keep concert ticket prices high by paying $150 (???) to see a band. I wouldn't pay a third of that amount to be at the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
    iwish4zombies
    fede01_8 wrote: jac254 wrote: he was mad cause his biscut was limp lame!
    yeah ****ing terrible.
    Koethe
    CrawlingHorror wrote: "Ok, so I'm a lesser human being because I enjoy some Limp Bizkit songs? I even like a lot of ICP. But my favorite band is Megadeth. I also just dropped like 150 dollars to go see Amon Amarth. So stop being a dumb shit and making stupid generalizations about people who like a certain band." Actually, it's idiots like you who keep concert ticket prices high by paying $150 (???) to see a band. I wouldn't pay a third of that amount to be at the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
    Guess some people are just luckier fans. If you have the cash and want to spend it, why not?
    howamidriving?
    it seems as though the court case will most likely come down to he said she said bullshit i know i already made a joke about that song, but i couldnt resist
    ProgJazzMath
    espChris93 wrote: It's as if a bunch of drunken 17 year old tools had a great idea while baked out of their mind that they could form a group that played hip hop and metal then made a disastrous sh*t storm with next to no actual lyrical intelligence and absolutely no original or creative ideas in the songwriting department.
    re=related Listen to that song in it's entirety and then with a straight face tell me they don't know how to write a song. I have never heard a song that has such a unique feel to it, if anything these guys were MASTERS at writing eerie music. Don't be so quick to jump on the Limp Bizkit Hate Train, give them a chance man.
    WizMystery
    Am I the only one who thinks being drunk isn't enough to make you kill a man? Neither is the music, but the point here is the person was messed up. If anything, such people are attracted to Limp Bizkit, not the other way around.
    SLonergan
    Jesus...this is just like ****ing debates about violent video games. "The murderer had an Xbox in his apartment, so obviously that's why he did it!" I'm really disappointed that UG posted such a sensationalized story...
    jrcsgtpeppers
    DarkValo666 wrote: Skarson wrote: this is the kind of behavior i'd expect from a limp bizkit fan. Killing a friend because he doesn't like your favourite band? Really? Call me boring, but I hate comments like the first three here on such serious topics -.-
    this is not a serious topic. its funny as hell.
    dave2332
    kodyk666 wrote: rgt42dx wrote: yeah you guys are so witty. really? it's a ****ing murder case, stop making stupid puns about what you think about the music, how ****ing disrespectful are y'all. be ashamed. To quote Bill Hicks, "I don't think we lost the cure for cancer here"
    Gotta love Bill. "One less gas station attendant."
    Dextermaniac
    threedaysgrace9 wrote: Pretty sure the intoxication factor here had more to do with the murder than Limp Bizkit...
    THIS.
    Spychosis
    DarkValo666 wrote: Killing a friend because he doesn't like your favourite band? Really? Call me boring, but I hate comments like the first three here on such serious topics -.-
    This.
    YetAnotherMuso
    This was not so much an argument over Limp Bizkit as it was an argument over "turn that loud music off". It could have been anything.
    TheLostOne71
    howamidriving? wrote: apparently it was just one of those days when he didnt wanna wake up...
    Bless him for trying to be funny..
    sykguitaryst
    rofl i love how they think limp bizkit needs to comment on this, that incident was between those 2 dudes and their cd.. fckin band had nothin to do with it.
    buddoggydogg
    It's funny that about all I got out of this was the fact that if evidence was obtained in the same manner in the U.S. the whole case would be thrown out in a second! I don't really care for LB anymore, but there was a time that I liked them. They were interesting in their own cheesy way for a minute. I think some of you have forgotten about the embarrassing bands you used to listen to... we all listened to something we're ashamed to admit now...
    pwninator123
    If this guy saw your comments he'd be rollin', rollin', rollin', rollin',rollin' in his grave.
    TheHammer
    Gold Cobra sounds like some crappy band name Rock Band would randomly generate or something
    guitarist41
    This is horrific. People are like animals. Stop knocking on Limp Bizkit. I was just listening to 'Faith'. I wish I was 12 again...
    damillion
    People...ohwell, I can't lose my faith in humanity, can I? Already lost it years ago!
    espChris93
    ericmcq3121 wrote: Fred Durst and Liam Gallagher are the biggest douches on this Earth.
    Usually I would pilot the Liam hating bandwagon with you, but on the douche-o-meter Durst is in another stratosphere. At Liam's helped write a catchy tune or two and not acted like the biggest tool on earth 24/7, screaming into a mic
    AeolianSeventh
    and to the judgmental and close minded.. ffs. its ALL music one way or another and you should be embarrassed that you have the audacity to criticize successful individuals at something you clearly have failed at.
    Your argument is fallacious and meaningless. Limp Bizkit is a band of people who have almost no musical ability and play horrible songs. The fact they made money doesn't excuse that. On topic, I don't see how that "confession" could possibly count. When I was in prison I told a guy that I was in for murder when I'd only been charged with breaking and entering (and I didn't even do that) and was only being held overnight. Nobody wants to tell somebody "Oh, it's all a big mistake, I'm a sweet innocent dove" IN PRISON.
    espChris93
    T3HM3T4L wrote: Underjoggle wrote: Both men were intoxicated at the time. This. Don't cry about Limp Bizkit making awful music when they at least try to make some music, come up with riffs and stuff. Turn on the tv and tell me with a straight face there aren't far worse things to hear.
    Limp Bizkit (the spelling of that is even beyond ridiculous) is without a doubt the worst thing in music and it will be that way for a long time. There are a few acts that come close, lil wayne, nicki manaj, brokencyde, LMFAO, etc but the ignorance showcased in both limp bizkit's musical blending (kind words) and their attitude/image is embarrassing. It's as if a bunch of drunken 17 year old tools had a great idea while baked out of their mind that they could form a group that played hip hop and metal then made a disastrous sh*t storm with next to no actual lyrical intelligence and absolutely no original or creative ideas in the songwriting department.
    guitarist41
    ^It does sound like a shitty name, but it might actually fit the album perfectly. I thought The Explosion was a shit name for a band until I heard that band.
    slashnzakkrule
    lefty311 wrote: This is the first actual murder/incident that actually revolves around music! The news actually has a real story here and not just the typical "Well the murderer listened to a SLAYER album when he was in 7th grade... and 15 years later, BOOM! He killed someone!"
    Like like like +1
    .:!j.man!:.
    Im sorry but the coment about limp bizkit having no music ability is completely false. The fact that alot of it is attitude music has probably helped push you into that conclusion, but they do have a fair few really relaxing melodic numbers. Even my parents like the softer stuff! Something I feel the need to mention. I only ever find LB haters on the internet, every rocker/metal head I meet in person really dosnt mind them as much as all you guys make out! Try not to be so arrogant! Later!
    Leather Sleeves
    howamidriving? wrote: apparently it was just one of those days when he didnt wanna wake up...
    ... I don't really know why, but I want to justify bludgeoning someone to death in a drunken rage and dumping the body in a river...
    Necrolysis
    rattleurhead wrote: Skarson : DarkValo666 wrote: Killing a friend because he doesn't like your favourite band? Really? Call me boring, but I hate comments like the first three here on such serious topics -.- Limp Bizkit is one of five bands that I think of the fans of as lesser human beings. Ok, so I'm a lesser human being because I enjoy some Limp Bizkit songs? I even like a lot of ICP. But my favorite band is Megadeth. I also just dropped like 150 dollars to go see Amon Amarth. So stop being a dumb shit and making stupid generalizations about people who like a certain band.
    yeah. being a dumb shit...wait what? what kind of name is that?
    Xionus
    Wow. That's tragic. Truly tragic. Its a dark day for humanity as a whole when people are still listening to Fred Durst's sad attempt of a band. ...Although I do admit, Wes Borland seems to be the oddball out and does have some musical talent.
    Butt-Head
    This would seem like perfect time for The Durst to **** this media w h o r e. Surprisingly he hasn't
    Yoorai
    Some of you people are really retarded. Saying offensive bullsheet just because you dislike the band.. I mean, come on, grow up! And dont do drugs, otherwise you'll end up like those guys in the article.
    Stuart90
    Thumper! wrote: These same kids who are dissing Limp Bizkit will be the same ones who buy songs off of their new album.
    PFFT Hate Limp Bizkit, even hate how they spell biscuit. Will not buy anything from this band since don't like one song of their's and Fred Durst needs to act his age. Look at how he dresses and act's, swear to God it's the same clothes from years ago.
    bitchfist
    Leather Sleeves wrote: howamidriving? wrote: apparently it was just one of those days when he didnt wanna wake up... ... I don't really know why, but I want to justify bludgeoning someone to death in a drunken rage and dumping the body in a river...
    hahaha
    Root Beer
    Cornpuff wrote: Underjoggle wrote: Both men were intoxicated at the time. THIS. I'm guessing the headline "Drunk ***** assaults drunk *****" wouldn't get enough attention.
    lol this
    Bair
    James_Het_Rules wrote: My friend Steve shot my friend Paul 11 times in February over a god damned iPod. I'd never blame music. I blame the mix of alcohol with prior psychosis when people do things like this.
    You still consider Steve a "friend"!!!....
    Cresspo
    tallicawashere wrote: i am a bit shocked to see that there actually is a Limp Bizkit fan in the world. If this guy goes to prison, there goes half their record sales. Their only buyers left will be idiot bro'siffs and Fred Durst's mom.
    And the guy's sentence should go up two years for bad taste.
    guns-o
    what does this have to do with playing guitar or music? Cmon UG dont become a gossip bs site posting this "news".
    Virrin666
    Dude how is limp biskit to blame? i mean i hate them, but obviously one angry drunk dude was blaring some tunes and another drunk dude didnt like it so they got into a fight and one died. People have gotten killed for tripping over a gang members shoe and this is serious? dude limp biskits music is so limp i dont see how any one could get motivated to kill someone from it
    Virrin666
    Vypor : I love the fact that everyone hates Limp Bizkit. . . It's really ironic becuase they just dont get it, being a fan of Limp Bizkit for over 10 years now, I've always gotten it. People that make thier hate apparent for Limp Bizkit only fuel those who like Limp Bizkit, and ultimately fuel Limp Bizkit themselves. Limp Bizkit have ALWAYS been a band hated by many and followed by few, even at the most successful part of their career Emienem got all pissy with them and people jumped on the boat, then after that it was zack wylde. Because this totaly makes sense. A band fueled by people that hate them. Sounds like an inferiority complex to me
    deadrat117
    ericmcq3121 wrote: Fred Durst and Liam Gallagher are the biggest douches on this Earth.
    this
    Vypor
    I love the fact that everyone hates Limp Bizkit. . . It's really ironic becuase they just dont get it, being a fan of Limp Bizkit for over 10 years now, I've always gotten it. People that make thier hate apparent for Limp Bizkit only fuel those who like Limp Bizkit, and ultimately fuel Limp Bizkit themselves. Limp Bizkit have ALWAYS been a band hated by many and followed by few, even at the most successful part of their career Emienem got all pissy with them and people jumped on the boat, then after that it was zack wylde.
    Root Beer
    Limp Bizkit, the band whose music was at the heart of the dispute, have not commented on the incident.
    Why would they need to? It's not their fault. Same with the Slipknot murder a few weeks ago. Why is the band always made out to be guilty in some way when these things happen? Psychopaths are psychopaths, drunks are drunks. Period.