Axl Rose Denies Rumors Of GN'R Tour

Guns N' Roses mainman Axl Rose has released a brand new statement on Twitlonger.com, in response to recent rumors of a tour and "Chinese Democracy" album relaunch that that were apparently started by former independent wrestler Mister Saint Laurent.

0
Guns N' Roses mainman Axl Ros has released a brand new statement on Twitlonger.com, a related Twitter site where one can post messages longer than 140 characters, in response to recent rumors of a tour and "Chinese Democracy" album relaunch that that were apparently started by former independent wrestler and current musician/journalist Mister Saint Laurent. Wrote Axl: "Contrary to anyone's claims, there are no concrete plans nor were there ever for a tour, a relaunch or sponsors (n' certainly not to replace anyone in the band) beyond a collection of random ideas thrown out by various individuals [without] any real foundation or negotiations in place other than our prior involvements (which wouldn't take a rocket scientist to put together). And [for] the record, [famed manager] Doc McGhee is no longer involved [with] either myself or GN'R." Rose gave a rare interview his first in-person one in 14 years in December with the United Arab Emirates outlet Gulf News. Rose granted the interview prior to the band's December 16 gig in Abu Dhabi. Asked about the current version of the group, Rose said, "For me, one of the really cool things is I don't have to get on at everybody in the band. Hey do this, do that, you know. Because they're excited. Everybody takes a certain amount of pride in what they do." Rose compared playing concerts to "going to the gym," and in perhaps an indirect reference to his notorious late arrivals onstage, he added, "It's just hard to get in the gym." On the pressure the current incarnation of the group has to live up to its past, Rose commented, "I think it's a lot to do with the material from the past and a hell of a lot to do with the heart that was put into it then. But if we weren't putting the heart into it now... The fans, they're not gonna let me get away with it. We have to live up to something, have to work a bit harder because you're living up to the legend or a myth or whatever." The Gulf News reporter was allegedly told not to ask about certain topics, including Rose's relationship with former members of Guns. Rose did little publicity for the band's 2008 album, "Chinese Democracy", consenting to only two online interviews despite the fact that it had been 17 years since the last Guns record came out. Thanks for the report to Blabbermouth.net.

59 comments sorted by best / new / date

comments policy
    RandyRhoadsFan4
    BreatheOver wrote: off topic but this reminded me...i'm surprised axl didn't sue someone for them playing sweet child of mine at the super bowl...
    That's exactly what I thought when I first saw it.
    John37fold
    i honestly agree with the suing thing... i thought he was going to sue fergie and slash, fergie butchered that during the super bowl... holy crap... but the packers won.. i'm content
    Pippers
    During the superbowl I could only imagine Axl melting down as Slash came out of the stage. Bet he broke every tv in his home.
    mulletman619
    Axl Rose is kinda like my uncle...he gets drunk, says some stupid shit, then the next day he denies what he said.
    Devlin1885
    Ultimate Guitar will basicly take anything Axl says, no matter how pointless it is, and post it as news, sort it out lads. let us know when something actually important happens
    itsjustsimon
    JS5150 wrote: Slash had to be wishing for Axl back while listening to Fergie butcher Sweet Child O Mine
    Agreed. She sounded like she was swallowing while songing and the only thing I could think of was Axl spreadin his love all over her face. Then I went to the bathroom and I vomitted
    yasman88
    joshro wrote: Good for Axl. I'm glad he tries to gear attention away from petty things like a reunion. It's not gonna happen, give it up, people are ok with that. The Axl haters hate Axl and nothing will stop that and the Axl lovers will love him and nothing can stop that either. Slash needs to quit it, Myles Kennedy, Scott Weiland, Fergie, Andrew Stockdale.. none of these people are Axl nor ever will be. He's gotta stop butchering these classics.
    i love you.
    GenerationKILL
    Justify yourself all you want Axl Pose, you've still screwed up too severely for me and millions of other alienated fans to care anymore...
    Pencil Man
    I find it funny that people keep on bringing up "Fergie butchered SCOM at the Super Bowl" because she's been singing that song with him for a while now. He's showed up at her shows, and she actually sang it well. Whether it was at its best yesterday is a question, but it wasn't that bad.
    Dillon902
    sweet child at the superbowl was just bad, like fergie's a good singer, but she sounded like shit, plus they only played half of it....yay packers.
    -xCaMRocKx-
    First interview in 14 years, tells the interviewer not to ask him certain things. Nice.
    Ghefly
    bozomatt wrote: audio475 wrote: im surprised he didnt sue the guy. hurr hurr really didn't see point in this article.
    Umm, I dunno, maybe to let UGers know that despite rumours there won't be a GnR tour?
    joshro
    Good for Axl. I'm glad he tries to gear attention away from petty things like a reunion. It's not gonna happen, give it up, people are ok with that. The Axl haters hate Axl and nothing will stop that and the Axl lovers will love him and nothing can stop that either. Slash needs to quit it, Myles Kennedy, Scott Weiland, Fergie, Andrew Stockdale.. none of these people are Axl nor ever will be. He's gotta stop butchering these classics.
    Swannie
    Skullivan wrote: Salvo416 wrote: I think Axl hates America. Well that's just fine because America hates Axl.
    lol
    Kenjisan231
    In my own personal opinion I believe Axl thinks people like GnR like they did when it was the original members. It really took ALL of the members for that band to be what it did but it seems Axl thinks Axl is all GnR needs Their is a difference between talent and being good, he has talent but it isn't really good anymore when he acts the way he does. He is entitled to do what he wants but I am entitled to think he is an immature jerk which clouds anything that band produces. Its not like this is new, My mother saw the band back when it was the original setup and she said it was the worst concert she ever went too...why? They played for twenty minutes then Axl called the crowd *****s and left. Its a shame too because if he was somewhat decent the world would have a cool guy to listen to, but this is obviously not the case.
    FlyingPirahna
    They just got off a fairly long tour that went through most of 2010 a few months ago, and these rumors were started by a fan that was trying to extort information from the band, so he could make money off of it. Context, UG? Or just more Axl hate?
    MT_Obsidian
    Comeback Kiddd wrote: leave axl alooooonnnneeee!! cant wait for the next album in 2025
    +5
    Salvo416
    Swannie wrote: Skullivan wrote: Salvo416 wrote: I think Axl hates America. Well that's just fine because America hates Axl. lol
    nice one.
    Muck27
    Does Axl even have any fans left? Who cares about whatever shock-factor idea he has on his mind this week. "Axl denies GNR (insert event here)" and "Axl sues (insert name here)." More of the same.. and still no one cares.
    DarkValo666
    Axl:"What??? Doing something the few fans I have left might like? You must be kiddin' me!"
    Armagedn
    joshro wrote: Good for Axl. I'm glad he tries to gear attention away from petty things like a reunion. It's not gonna happen, give it up, people are ok with that. The Axl haters hate Axl and nothing will stop that and the Axl lovers will love him and nothing can stop that either. Slash needs to quit it, Myles Kennedy, Scott Weiland, Fergie, Andrew Stockdale.. none of these people are Axl nor ever will be. He's gotta stop butchering these classics.
    So... You're saying Slash should just end his career, because he'll never get anyone as good as Axl? I actually thought his solo album was damn good.
    joshro
    jetfuel495 wrote: SkoraProduction wrote: Am I the only one who likes Chinese Democracy and the new Guns n' Roses? I kinda do >.>
    Love it
    Skullivan
    Salvo416 wrote: I think Axl hates America.
    Well that's just fine because America hates Axl.
    bozomatt
    audio475 wrote: im surprised he didnt sue the guy.
    hurr hurr really didn't see point in this article.
    Tarsplitter
    thedarkblues06 wrote: Rose compared playing concerts to "going to the gym," and in perhaps an indirect reference to his notorious late arrivals onstage, he added, "It's just hard to get in the gym." Off topic, but...real gym rats love getting into the gym, no matter how sore they are, just to get themselves to lift something after yet another plate is added on is an amazing rush. So...following that logic, Axl Rose should want to get out on stage every time all the time when he has millions of fans supporting him and his band (which, sorry, is NOT Guns n' Roses). Flame shields up for the end of that comment.
    But maybe Axl isn't a 'real gym rat'. Really, you can easily see what he meant by that.
    thedarkblues06
    Rose compared playing concerts to "going to the gym," and in perhaps an indirect reference to his notorious late arrivals onstage, he added, "It's just hard to get in the gym."
    Off topic, but...real gym rats love getting into the gym, no matter how sore they are, just to get themselves to lift something after yet another plate is added on is an amazing rush. So...following that logic, Axl Rose should want to get out on stage every time all the time when he has millions of fans supporting him and his band (which, sorry, is NOT Guns n' Roses). Flame shields up for the end of that comment.
    Creepingdeth89
    thedarkblues06 wrote: Rose compared playing concerts to "going to the gym," and in perhaps an indirect reference to his notorious late arrivals onstage, he added, "It's just hard to get in the gym." Off topic, but...real gym rats love getting into the gym, no matter how sore they are, just to get themselves to lift something after yet another plate is added on is an amazing rush. So...following that logic, Axl Rose should want to get out on stage every time all the time when he has millions of fans supporting him and his band (which, sorry, is NOT Guns n' Roses). Flame shields up for the end of that comment.
    Your right you know, he can't make up excuses for his recent shenanigans because there is no means that it can be justified. If he can't cope with performing anymore then he shouldn't do it full stop. Leaving fans raging because they never got what they paid for is only going to last for so long until it gets taken a step further.
    Zeppelin Addict
    >..< ... and so this saga continues onward, reincarnated once again, yet all the same.. let it go, and accept it for what it is, please!
    dannydesktop
    lol@ the gym comment cause he's a fat ass. To be honest his new music ain't bad and if it went by any other name besides GnR it could have been more successful. I like how he fires the manager like that will fix his own self destructive tendencies.
    SoLgEr
    thedarkblues06 wrote: Rose compared playing concerts to "going to the gym," and in perhaps an indirect reference to his notorious late arrivals onstage, he added, "It's just hard to get in the gym." Off topic, but...real gym rats love getting into the gym, no matter how sore they are, just to get themselves to lift something after yet another plate is added on is an amazing rush. So...following that logic, Axl Rose should want to get out on stage every time all the time when he has millions of fans supporting him and his band (which, sorry, is NOT Guns n' Roses). Flame shields up for the end of that comment.
    i agree with every part of this post. I mean how many people are lucky enough to become as successful as he is/was (probably more the latter). and then out of that select few how many actually need to muster up the energy to go up on stage in front of a million people screaming your name and hanging on every word you say? i get the impression that he feels or felt like he deserved everything he got and treats it all as such, and the giant dick to the face that chinese democracy was I THOUGHT would open his eyes to what he has been doing wrong and hopefully rectify that. and i'm not really even talking about a reunion either, just baby steps
    Jyrgen
    fenderjackson73 wrote: why is UG obsessed with GnR and Axl :/
    Every tweet by Axl is posted here, really Funny how they posted this without the appropriate context, Axl was actually responding here to a crazy "fan" named MSL.
    l.u.c.
    Creepingdeth89 wrote: Your right you know, he can't make up excuses for his recent shenanigans because there is no means that it can be justified. If he can't cope with performing anymore then he shouldn't do it full stop. Leaving fans raging because they never got what they paid for is only going to last for so long until it gets taken a step further.
    I don't know if 14 years worth of shenanigans can be considered recent.
    JS5150
    Slash had to be wishing for Axl back while listening to Fergie butcher Sweet Child O Mine
    Amuro Jay
    SkoraProduction wrote: Am I the only one who likes Chinese Democracy and the new Guns n' Roses?
    I kinda do >.>
    Lemoninfluence
    I feel sorry for the likes of Bumblefoot who can't plan anything for solo projects because they're at the beck and call of Mr Rose who only has to give them like 6 weeks notice for a tour. OK so they're getting a pretty good pay cheque in return for their services but it's got to be frustrating having to be sat waiting with your hands tied, for someone else to decide whether they can be bothered going on tour. Checked.
    Smokinjoerules1
    Axl Ros? I think it's spelt Axl Rose UG. Anyway, yeh like GnR wud tour anyway, Axl is probs too lazy, sorry I had to jump on the band wagon ;P