Behemoth: Nergal's Ex-Fiancee Fined For Offending Religious Sentiment

Behemoth's Nergal former fiance has been fined 5,000 zloty (approximately $1,440) by a Warsaw court for offending religious feelings.

logo
Ultimate Guitar
3

According to Blabbermouth.net, Behemoth's guitarist/vocalist Adam "Nergal" Darski former fiance Dorota Rabczewska - better known as the 27-year-old Polish pop singer Doda - has been fined 5,000 zloty (approximately $1,440) by a Warsaw court for offending religious feelings.

During a 2009 interview with Gazeta Dziennik Prawna, Rabczewska lamented that there were no references to dinosaurs in the Bible, and said it was "hard to believe in something written by someone who was hammered on wine and who'd been smoking herbs."

Ryszard Nowak, chairman of the privately run Nationwide Defence Committee Against Sects, brought the case against Rabczewska.

Rabczewska did not plead guilty, and claimed that she had not intended to offend anyone.

The singer argued that the cited herbs "were certainly therapeutic ones" and that the alcohol in question was "sacramental wine".

In August 2011, Darski was found innocent of offending religious feelings in connection with a September 2007 incident when he reportedly called the Catholic Church "the most murderous cult on the planet" during the band's performance in Gdynia and tore up a copy of the Bible, calling it "a book of lies".

A Polish judge ruled that Darski's ripping up of a Bible during a show was a form of artistic expression consistent with the style of his band.

21 comments sorted by best / new / date

    Eirien
    YOU CANNOT SUE SOMEONE BECAUSE YOU ARE OFFENDED YOU COMPLETE MORONS! Everything (and I mean EVERYTHING!) that can be done will offend someone in one way or another. It's a massive shame that people are ready to sue the shit out of each other rather than sit down, have a discussion and try to understand things from the other person's view point. Shame on the Polish legal system for letting this BS go through...
    Megadeth2011
    For a guy who sounds like he is literally the spawn of Satan on the albums, and makes you think he is going to single handedly bring about the apocalypse and raise Hell, he sure looks like a member of Motley Crue or Poison in that picture. Still love him though. Also, did anybody else laugh about the part that there were no mention of dinosaurs in the Bible? I know there's not, but still... never heard that one before.
    Lacebad
    Supersonic1 wrote: Did anyone else laugh at the fact that "zloty" is a currency?
    No
    Pagan_Poetry
    Megadeth2011 wrote: Also, did anybody else laugh about the part that there were no mention of dinosaurs in the Bible? I know there's not, but still... never heard that one before.
    Pretty much. It's like that moron from Ancient Aliens that thinks that aliens built the pyramids because there's nothing between the days of cavemen and the Egyptians. Orr, you know, we haven't discovered anything yet that could explain what happened. Nah, just aliens. I wish dinosaurs were in the bible though. Imagine if Pontius Pilate was a pterodactyl and Noah was a brontosaurus? What about Mary Magdalene being a velociraptor? It'd be amazing.
    fakkin
    the fiancee left Nergal shortly after he was diagnosed with cancer. waste of time writing and reading about this skank.
    guitgrinder
    Pagan_Poetry wrote: I wish dinosaurs were in the bible though. Imagine if Pontius Pilate was a pterodactyl and Noah was a brontosaurus? What about Mary Magdalene being a velociraptor? It'd be amazing.
    It's an unknown fact that Jurrasic Park is the movie based on exactly this. Spielberg told me, personally.
    mike1990 wrote: I've go friend in Poland, who are 100% Polish, and from what I've read, if you arent religious, or you say anything bad about it, they can find you and what not. If she doesn't believe in this stuff, so be it, but she has no right to say its a load of bull. Bible was written by man, with the inspiration from God. And Dinosaurs were in the Bible. Dinosaur wasnt a word until the 1800s. BEHEMOTHS is what they are called in the Bible
    I've yet to read the bible, so I'm not sure if serious, but if so, that makes for an excellent point. I guess I'd just be confused about the timeline... 65 million years ago, T-Rex was ****in' shit up with his little arms, & 2000 years ago Jesus was faded on 40's & weed. What happened between those years? Oh, yeah... aliens!
    haygoe
    Eirien wrote: YOU CANNOT SUE SOMEONE BECAUSE YOU ARE OFFENDED YOU COMPLETE MORONS! Everything (and I mean EVERYTHING!) that can be done will offend someone in one way or another. It's a massive shame that people are ready to sue the shit out of each other rather than sit down, have a discussion and try to understand things from the other person's view point. Shame on the Polish legal system for letting this BS go through...
    I'm Christian but still you are totaly right that shit is gay(opps I might just have offended somebody don't sue me please lol)
    N-D
    And THIS man on photo (I mean Nergal) sing us something about religion?!.. No, thank you. I think, in this case, Behemoth should sing about private parties, chicks etc...
    RetroGunslinger
    Lol clearly the Polish legal system is still stuck in a bygone age, if this is allowed then surely it must be ok to sue someone if they tell you you smell of poo etc etc
    mike1990
    I've go friend in Poland, who are 100% Polish, and from what I've read, if you arent religious, or you say anything bad about it, they can find you and what not. If she doesn't believe in this stuff, so be it, but she has no right to say its a load of bull. Bible was written by man, with the inspiration from God. And Dinosaurs were in the Bible. Dinosaur wasnt a word until the 1800s. BEHEMOTHS is what they are called in the Bible
    ninfan200
    Eirien wrote: YOU CANNOT SUE SOMEONE BECAUSE YOU ARE OFFENDED YOU COMPLETE MORONS!
    atheists have been doing it
    scrymusic
    This would be like me telling people that Jesus could have been gay, because he hung out with a bunch of guys.. Wore birkenstocks and a dress.. And turned down the advances of Mary Magdelene.. Who by the way... Was considered an adultress and a *****. Hope that doesnt offend anyone... Im a catholic.. Dont sue me! Lol
    NeedACoffee
    I'm not big on the whole 'anti-religion' thing, never could join that bandwagon. But with that being said, I think this is bullshit. Yeah, her comments aren't exactly in good taste, but to fine her for it? What's the world coming to?
    Cantplay4penuts
    Everyone keep in mind the differences of culture. What may be normal and not right to you or the trends of the mainstream culture of your contry may not be the same for another. I personally think it is wrong to sue someone for such stupid stuff, but whatever