UG editorial team. A group of people who are passionate about guitar and music in general.
Posted on Apr 21, 2014 12:50 pm
Estranged Black Sabbath drummer Bill Ward recently opened up about being away from the Sabbath fold, confessing how difficult it is for him.
"I miss playing with Geezer [Butler], just horribly," the drummer told DC Heavy Metal. "I absolutely miss him to death. And I miss playing with Tony just ... every day. I mean every single day I - it just blows me away man."
Focusing on singer Ozzy Osbourne, Bill gave a bit of a different comment, saying, "And obviously I miss Oz. I've lost a friend as far as I'm concerned. A man that I dearly loved, and I still dearly love but I've had to really now readjust just how much I'm going to trust and love him."
In related news, Ozzy was named the most difficult singer to understand. Following a Blinkbox research, Osbourne fetched 28% of the votes for the most misheard vocalist, followed by Lady Gaga and Shaggy with 22% each.
As Digital Spy reports, the research also summarized the list of Top 10 commonly misheard lyrics. Check out the two rundowns below.
Top 10 Singers Whose Lyrics Are the Hardest to Understand:
01. Ozzy Osbourne (28%) 02. Lady Gaga (22%) 03. Shaggy (22%) 04. Sean Paul (14%) 05. Jay Z (14%) 06. Rihanna (14%) 07. Miley Cyrus (13% 08. Jimi Hendrix (10%) 09. Prince (9%) 10. Bob Dylan (8%)
The Top Ten Commonly Misheard Lyrics:
1. ABBA - Dancing Queen (22%)
"See that girl, watch her scream, kicking (instead of 'digging') the dancing queen"
2. Queen - We Will Rock You (18%)
"Kicking your cat (instead of 'can') all over the place"
3. Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer (12%)
"It doesn't make a difference if we're naked (instead of 'make it') or not"
4. Madonna - Like a Virgin (12%)
"Like a virgin touched for the thirty-first (instead of 'very first') time"
5. The Monkees - I'm A Believer (12%)
"Then I saw her face, now I'm gonna leave her (instead of 'I'm a believer')"
6. Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now (11%)
"I can see clearly now Lorraine (instead of 'the rain') has gone"
7. Rihanna - We Found Love (11%)
"What it takes to form a line (instead of 'come alive')"
8. Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze (9%)
Excuse me while I kiss this guy (instead of 'whilst I kiss the sky')
9. Spice Girls - Wannabe (9%)
"If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get rid of (instead of 'get with') my friends"
10. Starship - We Built This City (8%)
"We built this city on logs and coal (instead of 'rock and roll')"
Got some other interesting misheard lyrics to share? Do it in the comments.