The folks froom Boss and Strandberg have joined forces to introduce a brand new guitar called the V-BDN, branding it "one of the most powerful and versatile electric guitars ever made."
Based on the Boden J Standard model, the six-string packs Boss' guitar synth and modelling technologies, securing a wide sonic range for the player to work with, along with full-instrument drop tunings available at a turn of a knob.
Full info regarding availability and pricing is yet to be released.
You can check out the features below, more info on the official site. Also, a demonstration video featuring Alex Hutchings is available below.
Boss V-BDN VG-Strandberg features
- Customized Strandberg Boden six-string guitar with BOSS V-Guitar technologies built in
- Headless guitar scientifically engineered by Strandberg for organic tone and unprecedented playability, featuring fanned frets, an ergonomic body, and the patented EndurNeck neck profile
- Mode selector and 5-way switch provide access to the onboard standard pickups, modelled humbucking and single-coil pickups, bass, sitar, acoustic guitars, and synth tones
- Synth voices include three variations on Roland’s classic GR-300 analog guitar synth from the early 1980s
- Tuning knob enables instant virtual instrument retuning, including semitone down, whole-step down, drop D, drop C#, and drop C
- V-Guitar features powered by four AA-size batteries; up to nine hours of playing time with high-powered rechargeable Ni-MH batteries (2,600–2,700 mAh)
- Includes padded instrument bag