Bride Rocks 'Master Of Puppets' On Drums At Wedding Reception

A video of a newly-wedded bride pounding the drums to "Master of Puppets" by Metallica at her reception has been making its way around the Internet.

logo
Ultimate Guitar
15

A video of a newly-wedded bride pounding the drums to "Master Of Puppets" by Metallica at her reception has been making its way around the Internet in the last few days, and can be viewed in all of its rocking glory below.

Annette Ortiz-Diaz and her husband Dennis, both of southern California, had a Beatles-themed wedding, but injected a bit of heavy metal into the reception when they picked up their instruments to jam "Master Of Puppets" for their guests.

Ortiz-Diaz currently plays bass for the Los Angeles-based group Random Ninjas.

The husband and wife team were in an all-Asian Metallica tribute band called "Trapped Under Rice" for a time, and they're clearly still pretty sharp with the material.

Dennis can be seen in the video playing guitar - correctly downpicking the riffs, mind you - and singing.

Meanwhile, Annette turns in an impressive performance on the skins.

It has yet to be seen if Lars Ulrich will be suing the couple for the unauthorized performance.

YouTube preview picture

Trending stories

122 comments sorted by best / new / date

    CronoMagus
    Props, she probably doesn't use foot triggers so that makes her better than Lars already :-p
    mr.mojorising
    mr.mojorising wrote: Gibson1983 wrote: My name is Dieter. I have no friends and people pick on my at school because I'm so socially awkward. So I log onto the internet to say nasty things about Lars Ulrich. I say those things because other people like it and give me thumbs up. Now I feel warm and fuzzy. Life on the internet is so much better than real life. criticising lars someone who has acomplished so much in life and over the internet?this makes you feel fuzzy? lol no wonder youn have no friends id also pick on you
    and saying life on the internet is better than real life, i feel bad for you, you have no idea how youre wasting your life
    FlamingForce
    It has yet to be seen if Lars Ulrich will be suing the couple for the unauthorized performance.
    Hahahahahah xD
    5MinutesAlone
    He is alternate picking the riff...Personally i think that ppl who cover the song by just DOWNPICKING the riffs during the full 8 minutes or so deserve more respect. Ull most certainly argue that 'it sounds the same...its no big deal blah blah blah'...but honestly..if u wanna pay tribute to that Riff Machine called JAMES HETFIELD. U better downpick like he does (or at least try)
    Phoenix Reborn
    ...that is one lucky guy. Any girl who can play like that and is a fan of metal to boot is definatly a keeper. Not a bad cover either, his singing was a bit off...seemed like he was struggling to keep his breath, but it's hard tpo sing and play a song like Master at the same time so more props to him.
    Gibson1983
    FizzleSticks wrote: Gibson1983 wrote: My name is Dieter. I have no friends and people pick on my at school because I'm so socially awkward. So I log onto the internet to say nasty things about Lars Ulrich. I say those things because other people like it and give me thumbs up. Now I feel warm and fuzzy. Life on the internet is so much better than real life. But you log on to make fun of those making fun of others to get thumbs up. How is that any different? =)
    Touch my man, touch.
    Dan Oldham
    The most entertaining aspect of this entire thread is reading the posts from all the idiots who always have something negative to say. "They should've played this, they should've played that." "It's not that impressive." "He sucks at the solo, which is a shame." BLAH BLAH BLAH. I don't see ANY of you morons out there doing anything better, and it's doubtful anyone else does, either. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if you tools were nothing more than 15 year olds tossing off in your bedrooms performing solo gigs in front of the mirror.
    queenslander47
    von gelb wrote: My name is Dieter. I have no friends and people pick on my at school because I'm so socially awkward. So I log onto the internet to say nasty things about Lars Ulrich. I say those things because other people like it and give me thumbs up. Now I feel warm and fuzzy. Life on the internet is so much better than real life. Look, Lars used to be good and I for one loved him for his work. Nowadays, if an Asian bride can do it better then he should know his place...
    I get the joke, but in no way shape or form did she play it better than Lars. My kinda wedding though.
    BlackWolf24
    Yax wrote: Mojorising: You do realize he was being sarcastic? You know, kidding? Messing around? It was a joke aimed at said douchebags spitting their negative shit all over this page.
    Not everyone understands the human being like we do XD
    Yax
    Mojorising: You do realize he was being sarcastic? You know, kidding? Messing around? It was a joke aimed at said douchebags spitting their negative shit all over this page.
    mr.mojorising
    Gibson1983 wrote: My name is Dieter. I have no friends and people pick on my at school because I'm so socially awkward. So I log onto the internet to say nasty things about Lars Ulrich. I say those things because other people like it and give me thumbs up. Now I feel warm and fuzzy. Life on the internet is so much better than real life.
    criticising lars someone who has acomplished so much in life and over the internet?this makes you feel fuzzy? lol no wonder youn have no friends id also pick on you
    jurnag12
    Chronologo wrote: aerodynamic lov wrote: Imagine the honeymoon sex tape I can see the "drumstick" bashing the "tom" hard LOL
    Let's just hope it doesn't break.
    Chronologo
    aerodynamic lov wrote: Imagine the honeymoon sex tape
    I can see the "drumstick" bashing the "tom" hard LOL
    Vedicardi
    blinkSumNOFX wrote: kratos379 wrote: There's no difference in the sound between downpicking and altpicking. How would it even be different? If it's just one string, it's not like the voicing would change. It's the same note regardless, so the frequency doesn't change. The only difference that there can be is if you strum harder down than up, which could be changed easily by practicing. This myth that it matters that you downpick needs to go away. hmmm i disagree. for punk and metal when fast 8th note powerchords are so common, i think you get a better sound out of downpicks. and it looks cooler. just my two cents.
    looks when playing music are very important to me -every blink182 fan
    Broken-pick
    Haha, this totally wins. I wonder how they got their parents to agree on this though, I'm asian too and most asians are really conservative.
    blinkSumNOFX
    kratos379 wrote: There's no difference in the sound between downpicking and altpicking. How would it even be different? If it's just one string, it's not like the voicing would change. It's the same note regardless, so the frequency doesn't change. The only difference that there can be is if you strum harder down than up, which could be changed easily by practicing. This myth that it matters that you downpick needs to go away.
    hmmm i disagree. for punk and metal when fast 8th note powerchords are so common, i think you get a better sound out of downpicks. and it looks cooler. just my two cents.
    DamagingExcess
    Gibson1983 wrote: My name is Dieter. I have no friends and people pick on my at school because I'm so socially awkward. So I log onto the internet to say nasty things about Lars Ulrich. I say those things because other people like it and give me thumbs up. Now I feel warm and fuzzy. Life on the internet is so much better than real life.
    And you wonder why you have no friends?
    Vinson
    author wrote: aIt has yet to be seen if Lars Ulrich will be suing the couple for the unauthorized performance.
    Actually, Metallica LOVES this kind of stuff....it will likely be put on the metallica webpage.
    -xCaMRocKx-
    all-Asian Metallica tribute band called "Trapped Under Rice"
    AHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! !! Awesome.
    sickassfoo
    man if my wife played me holy wars on our wedding i would sure as hell **** her on the spot
    NickCarolan
    Why the hell would Lars sue? You have that Napster garbage he started, but I doubt he would sue a couple rocking his own songs.
    DScarface
    Jesus, people. It's a fething wedding! Give them a break. And I don't see you guys putting out mind-blowing covers of MoP.
    AnGeLiKuS
    Oh the jealousy of some of these comments is just hilarious. Y'know, their unique reception is their thing. They get to do what they love best on their very special day of their lives. I bet some of the tards here never had originality like these newlyweds. Hence, the hate.
    peter_lindgren
    gigerigi wrote: That's epic! Does anyone know what kind of guitar that silver one is? It looks hot
    PRS
    TwistClock
    "DERR THIS SONG IS SILLY DERR I'M NOT IMPRESSED DERR" Goddamn it you people are awful. Just, just awful.
    blink_fan
    Vedicardi wrote: blinkSumNOFX wrote: kratos379 wrote: There's no difference in the sound between downpicking and altpicking. How would it even be different? If it's just one string, it's not like the voicing would change. It's the same note regardless, so the frequency doesn't change. The only difference that there can be is if you strum harder down than up, which could be changed easily by practicing. This myth that it matters that you downpick needs to go away. hmmm i disagree. for punk and metal when fast 8th note powerchords are so common, i think you get a better sound out of downpicks. and it looks cooler. just my two cents. looks when playing music are very important to me -every blink182 fan
    Eat a dick, we're not all 12 year olds who only play powerchords and jump around trying to look cool.....anymore
    foopeppers
    wow..who says rock n roll is dead when the bride is drumming to metallica at her own wedding!!
    headbang123
    all-Asian Metallica tribute band called "Trapped Under Rice"
    hahaha wow that is the best name for an asian band ever!!!
    DE49
    The vocalist kind of looks like Matt Heafy of Trivium!
    Cpt Doodles
    svelle wrote: ei137 wrote: LOL WRONG LYRICS FOR A MERRIDGE LOL WRONG LETTERS FOR MARRIAGE
    HA!
    DJ_Effrey
    crap voice :\ Not a bad rendition though. That guy's voice is just annoying though