Bullet For My Valentine: 'Fever' Debuts No 3 On Billboard Album Chart

Bullet For My Valentine's album Fever debuts this week at #1 on both the Rock and Alternative charts and #3 Billboard's album chart.

Bullet For My Valentine: 'Fever' Debuts No 3 On Billboard Album Chart
60
Welsh rock band Bullet For My Valentine's album Fever debuts this week at #1 on both the Rock and Alternative charts and #3 Billboard's album chart. The highly anticipated 11-track record featuring the fuming single and video "Your Betrayal" was released on April 27 and is BFMV's top selling debut to date, selling over 71,000 units in the first week, a 34% increase over BFMV previous 2008 release Scream Aim Fire. The fever has spread across the globe where Fever has made its mark on international album charts, hitting #2 on Japan's "international artist chart", #2 in Austria, #3 in Germany, #4 in Switzerland and #5 in the United Kingdom and Australia! USA Today calls Fever "The hot-zone of 2010 rock-metal discs," while The Associated Press touts Fever's "blistering drum attack, tight power chords and...old school-styled, soaring guitar solos" and the BBC raves that "BFMV are aiming for world domination, and with Fever they may well achieve it." Bullet For My Valentine is currently in the midst of a sold out national tour with support from Chiodos and Airbourne. Fans patiently await BFMV's celebratory performance tonight at Cannery Ballroom in Nashville, TN and the band's upcoming show at Ohio's Rock On The Range May 23rd. Fever is Bullet For My Valentine's third album and follows 2008's Scream Aim Fire. The album was produced by Don Gilmore (Linkin Park) and recorded in both the band's native Wales and Los Angeles.

161 comments sorted by best / new / date

comments policy
    deathofarev
    let the blasting begin, tbh i think it's a good album, then again i like all their albums, including SAf which people thought was weak, i mean jesus bands change, i like change i guess. but still congrats with the billboards thing
    Batvanvaiych
    Shabalaba wrote: I like it, it's not amazing by any means. The lyrics are generic and it's your bog standard metalcore guitar work. It's enjoyable though, it has decent hooks and melodies which keep it interesting. Not even going to go into people slating music on the radio, it's that cringe worthy and testament how immature and narrow minded people are i just can't be arsed
    i completely agree, it deosnt deserve to win any "best ___" awards, however its fun to listen to, i mean theres FAR worse music to listen to
    dyl24
    Magicant wrote: The album is horrid... Listen to The Last Fight or whatever its called. The solo is super amateurish, the lyrics are the same old recycled crap, and they still think that the singer's voice is metal. In my opinion, biggest mistake ever.
    The solo being "ametuerish" isn't really a bad thing, a solo doesn't have to be complex for it to be a good solo, look at knocking on heavens door guns'n'roses version solo, it's piss easy but it's still a great solo. I think this album wasn't to bad to be honest, good effort on bfmv behalf, keep rocking me thinks.
    Mr_Cbone93
    EPIC Branin wrote: If bullet doesnt have anything to do with metal then what are they? and support your answer!
    thats just people trying to find something to bitch about, i dont care at all about these people that try to say bullet sucks whenever they get the chance, i think if bullet wants to change their sound and get more airtime, more power to them
    Mr_Cbone93
    espChris93 wrote: niejel wrote: amp435 wrote: success doesn't replace talent yet success requires talent. hahah vanilla ice, nickelback, blink-182, nsync, and brokencycde are all famous and rich(or at least used to be) and some people consider that success and these "bands" dont have an ounce of talent
    then who gives a **** about talent? people listen to music cuz they think it sounds good they dont get all technical and try as hard as they can to turn it to shit.
    KramerW5150
    Gyoung1991 wrote: bass-boy-garith wrote: the Dustasaurus wrote: I do agree..their perception of metal is a little "childish." and I use that term loosely....but at least they can make metal that people actually want to listen to...modern day metal musicians tend to be in this endless struggle of trying to make their music more shitty and harder to listen to...so, A standing ovation for bfmv, keeping metal tolerable..... Aren't metal brah. I don't know many. I saw them live and he said ****ing metal like 12 times. Their stage show reeks of immaturity, the singer curses about every other word.
    what would you like him to say? look up skid row live at whembley..bach talks about how they tried to put a ban on the more f**k at a rock show..no they are allowed to curse..its f**kin rock n roll and this band is makin the charts...its a good thing!!!! anyone who disagrees is mental..i mean i dont wanna see f**kin taio cruzes "rokstarr" on the charts..he sings pop..im tired of popstars and rappers saying their rockstars and party like rockstars.//well cuz of their garbage there is no real rockstars anymore and we need them as for ppl who dont think this is metal? personally i dont find screaming and f**kin pig squeeling that appealing.. obviously music that makes you bang your head off the wall..aint gonna be on the radio..and it def wont be on the radio if you cant understand a word they are saying..might as well have no words????
    Hellview
    BFMV is ruining metal and turning fans of other bands into emo style dirtbags. If Dimebag was still around he would be PISSED.
    Aliens-exist182
    the Dustasaurus wrote: I do agree..their perception of metal is a little "childish." and I use that term loosely....but at least they can make metal that people actually want to listen to...modern day metal musicians tend to be in this endless struggle of trying to make their music more shitty and harder to listen to...so, A standing ovation for bfmv, keeping metal tolerable.....
    this
    izzizz
    wtf? seriously? 'Rock and Alternative charts' ahh, no wonder. decent album though
    Gottmann
    jetfuel495 wrote: larrytheguitar wrote: obliviousibanez wrote: Haha i never thought id see the day when Bullet For My Valentine would be #3 on the Billboard album chart. Good for them. I'm all in support of diversifying the charts. Diversifying? Bands like Bullet, Killswitch, and other radio friendly "metal" are always on the charts.And they make up a relatively small portion of it, the rest is all rock, pop, and hip hop. So adding a little more, no matter how much you don't like it, is still diversifying.Skinny91 wrote: Never really been a fan, but congratulations to them.This is the right attitude that UG needs to see more of.Adam124 wrote: You're just as narrow minded as the guy you're agruing with to be honest.Score.yearzero wrote: I agree that arguing over genre is pointless, but I believe the argument here is that BFMV are "metalcore" which is a blend of both "metal" and "hardcore punk" both of which are 2 distinct genres. It's not that they don't have anything to do with metal given the obvious metal influence, but by a strict (and pointless) label they aren't metal. Even the article calls them a rock band. They are played on my area's hard rock station more often than not. It's a exercise in futility but technically Metalcore ≠ Metal Technically, metalcore is not a combo of metal and hardcore punk. That would have been NWOBHM, Thrash, etc. Metalcore is more influenced by plain old hardcore. I could care less if you wouldn't classify BFMV as metal or not. But your logic is flawed. Simply because something is metalcore does not mean it isn't metal. Because it sure as hell isn't hardcore.
    No one cares.
    ZachyV
    Metal is becoming more ridiculous every year. I can't imagine what the guys of Pantera, Sabbath, etc think of when they hear the bullshit metal today. Guttural growls and incomprehensible screaming? BFMV is showing what old school metal was with heavy guitar and drums, not ridiculous vocals. ROCK ON BFMV!
    niejel
    espChris93 wrote: niejel wrote: amp435 wrote: success doesn't replace talent yet success requires talent. hahah vanilla ice, nickelback, blink-182, nsync, and brokencycde are all famous and rich(or at least used to be) and some people consider that success and these "bands" dont have an ounce of talent
    you said it. USED TO BE. :] Yet here we are with Bullet For My Valentine, along with other metal artists with talent. or are we just focusing on the musicality? blink182 creates good music, not with their instruments but with the lyrics. that's why they make good serenade songs (yes, seriously, I did it twice) for punk girls. ahahaha.
    thrashmonkey
    Hellview wrote: BFMV is ruining metal and turning fans of other bands into emo style dirtbags. If Dimebag was still around he would be PISSED.
    I think what Dime would really be pissed about is people using his name to disparage other bands. Of course Bullet aren't as good as Dime! Dime's a f**kin legend! Bullet are no legends, but they're pretty damn good.
    SHREDDER_DUDE:)
    I think this album wasn't anticipated to be a metal album and even according to Matt Tuck the album was aiming for a hard rock sort of genre. Good album, but is not as good as some of the other metalcore releases.
    SHREDDER_DUDE:)
    ya that is because its metal for 13 year olds
    Actually if you look at the more brutal side of metalcore you can find bands like As I Lay Dying, August Burns Red and Unearth.These bands are actually hard to listen to for most teenagers.
    wicked_hobbit
    goon316 wrote: Good for them. Guitar solo's and heavy songs were basically old news 10 years ago and its all coming back, but people who should be happy about this stuff still find a reason to complain. I dig the new album and I'm glad music that actually takes talent to play is becoming popular again. I agree the lyrics aren't poetry, but your fooling yourself if you are saying the guitarist don't have talent. I swear half the people on this site would bitch and complain that Vai, Satch, and Petrucci have no talent and are music by numbers if their music was played on the radio.
    I swear no one's complaining about their guitar playing abilities. Many of their riffs and solos are quite technical and melodic. I think the major issues that people have with Bullet are their songwriting, lyrics and perhaps the vocals.
    slipknot5678
    Don't like their music, but congratulations to them. People need to get over it.
    iro-bot31
    espChris93 wrote: storyassassin wrote: EdguyRule_22 wrote: loganpwns wrote: I don't get it, BFMV just can't please their fans. They went back to The Poison for this, yes, a little less screaming, but this is stupid. If they didn't switch sounds a bit with SAF you would all be complaining "This band is terrible, they just make the same song over and over again" Though, that's how it is with most fans and their favorite bands. You wonder WHY bands sell out? It's because either way, they're going to piss off their "fans". So why not make some money? + 1 I don't understand why people think everytime band makes a new album, it has to "redefine" the genre etc. As long as it's not that shitty hip-hop, rap shit all over the radios, I don't care. its agreed id rather have attack attack on the radio then rap music you need to listen to common, mos def, talib kweli, or even public enemy the hip-hop artists that are actually artists who are intelligent and write great pieces of music. not that mainstream bastardization of hip-hop thats on mtv and the radio
    This, and also add Kid Cudi to the list. His live concert is better than most rock concerts I've seen. As for BFMV, the album is extremely generic, which contributes in no small part to the success and popularity of it. Undoubtedly people will become fans of them because of this album, and hopefully will grow to like their older "true form" metal that is the Poison. I'm not really a fan, though my band usually plays a Tears Don't Fall jam and I dig that song, but if this exposes more people to the metal side of music than this album is a success despite its lack of creativity.
    apak
    larrytheguitar wrote: obliviousibanez wrote: Haha i never thought id see the day when Bullet For My Valentine would be #3 on the Billboard album chart. Good for them. I'm all in support of diversifying the charts. Diversifying? Bands like Bullet, Killswitch, and other radio friendly "metal" are always on the charts.
    who says it's metal. it's metalcore/hard rock and I enjoy it as just that. Sometimes, you need to satisfy a metal fix, but sometimes, you want a hard rock fix and this is perfect for it.
    thrashmonkey
    Johnny1029 wrote: Geez, what is people's beef with music lately. Oooh they didn't scream enough, oooh they didn't sing enough, oooh they aren't heavy enough or tuned down low enough. As soon as a band tries something different every person comes out of the wood work to throw negative, poor critic, comments at them. I for one liked the album and you know why because it was different. Bands try different things because they don't want their music to get boring. What's the point of writing and producing new albums if all people will do is complain about how they should have hit different notes through certain parts of the song. Music is not about being heavy or brutal it's about being good to your ears. Plus they make music how they want for their liking not yours. You liking the album is the result of liking what you here. To finish up if you like The Poison so much then go ahead and listen to it until you bury the album into the ground and while you do that I'll be enjoying something fresh. Don't get me wrong I liked the Poison more than the next person but guys it's time to move on and accept and if you can't then stop whining about it on forums and just let it go. Congrats Bullet on a job well done and **** you to all the haters that have nothing better to do than bash bands for not staying the same.
    Couldn't have said it better myself
    niejel
    amp435 wrote: success doesn't replace talent
    yet success requires talent.
    tony78
    Loved all their other stuff but the new album was bad..I guess they got what they wanted a mainstream radio friendly crowd..They will be on tour with nickelback soon enough..More power to them..hopefully future material will bring back the chaos and screaming we all love..
    espChris93
    obliviousibanez wrote: Haha i never thought id see the day when Bullet For My Valentine would be #3 on the Billboard album chart. Good for them. I'm all in support of diversifying the charts.
    do you know what diversity is? this is the same crap thats always on the chart.. and in response to the other posts im not one of the guys that dont like bullet becuase they "changed" i dont like them becuase every record is the exact same bland garbage
    espChris93
    niejel wrote: amp435 wrote: success doesn't replace talent yet success requires talent.
    hahah vanilla ice, nickelback, blink-182, nsync, and brokencycde are all famous and rich(or at least used to be) and some people consider that success and these "bands" dont have an ounce of talent
    espChris93
    storyassassin wrote: EdguyRule_22 wrote: loganpwns wrote: I don't get it, BFMV just can't please their fans. They went back to The Poison for this, yes, a little less screaming, but this is stupid. If they didn't switch sounds a bit with SAF you would all be complaining "This band is terrible, they just make the same song over and over again" Though, that's how it is with most fans and their favorite bands. You wonder WHY bands sell out? It's because either way, they're going to piss off their "fans". So why not make some money? + 1 I don't understand why people think everytime band makes a new album, it has to "redefine" the genre etc. As long as it's not that shitty hip-hop, rap shit all over the radios, I don't care. its agreed id rather have attack attack on the radio then rap music
    you need to listen to common, mos def, talib kweli, or even public enemy the hip-hop artists that are actually artists who are intelligent and write great pieces of music. not that mainstream bastardization of hip-hop thats on mtv and the radio
    Johnny1029
    Geez, what is people's beef with music lately. Oooh they didn't scream enough, oooh they didn't sing enough, oooh they aren't heavy enough or tuned down low enough. As soon as a band tries something different every person comes out of the wood work to throw negative, poor critic, comments at them. I for one liked the album and you know why because it was different. Bands try different things because they don't want their music to get boring. What's the point of writing and producing new albums if all people will do is complain about how they should have hit different notes through certain parts of the song. Music is not about being heavy or brutal it's about being good to your ears. Plus they make music how they want for their liking not yours. You liking the album is the result of liking what you here. To finish up if you like The Poison so much then go ahead and listen to it until you bury the album into the ground and while you do that I'll be enjoying something fresh. Don't get me wrong I liked the Poison more than the next person but guys it's time to move on and accept and if you can't then stop whining about it on forums and just let it go. Congrats Bullet on a job well done and **** you to all the haters that have nothing better to do than bash bands for not staying the same.
    Fazemelta666
    BFMV are amazin', bit I hate it when people describe their music as "metal for kids". I mean, come on! I'm only 14, but the Big Four still shit on most of what gets released nowadays, includin' Bullet, even though they're amazing. The only bands nowadays that can keep up with the big four are the likes of Slipknot and Machine Head.
    A CATSHOVEL
    foosrule wrote: THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA. Now that is where it's at kids.
    Lol, that is hardly even music. I didn't like Fever at first, but I liked it a lot better after a few more listens. Then again, I didn't start listening to Bullet until after the release of Scream Aim Fire, so I was never a hardcore fan of The Poison.
    NzZU
    BULLET ROCKS!!!!!And i have been waiting for it a long time ago.And it isnt "child" music at all....
    NzZU
    NzZU wroteid i said that BULLET ROCKS!!!!! BULLET ROCKS!!!!!And i have been waiting for it a long time ago.And it isnt "child" music at all....
    metalfr3ak666
    in other news, i took a dump! ...no seriously, that's great for them, but front page? seriously, isn't there more important stuff then this?
    Kwyjibo2006
    I'm sure I speak for a lot of us when I say that, while I wasn't a huge fan of Fever, congrats to them.
    b4mvthrasher
    Oh for god's sake, who cares if you like them or not? They're making millions of dollars doing what they love while making music that legions of people adore throughout the world, including me. You can probably tell from my username that I'm a massive Bullet fan and I'm always going to back them up but good lord, just be happy for the fact that they're opening up a whole new genre of music for group of people who see metal music as something which is "evil" and "unholy".
    EpiExplorer
    SHREDDER_DUDE wrote: ya that is because its metal for 13 year olds Actually if you look at the more brutal side of metalcore you can find bands like As I Lay Dying, August Burns Red and Unearth.These bands are actually hard to listen to for most teenagers.
    Hard as a limp dick. Its still the same prancing post teenage 'adults' using the same ideas with a different vocalist.. as SikTh have said: 'You're all the same'.
    loganpwns
    TwoDaysTwoNight wrote: its almost like these guys are following a formula these days. What happened to the days when metal was this big original thing where there were no rules? No it's just a game of who can make their songs sound the same as the last band on the charts
    Sorry to say, but if you're referring to Metal as in bands like Rose Funeral who are Death Metal, then do realize that all of their songs sound the same. Yes, they have good guitars and drums, but it's all the same.
    DoomsDave
    JFRules wrote: ya that is because its metal for 13 year olds
    And that sounds like something that would come.. from a 13 year old's mouth. Go put your Slayer back on, you successful musician, you.
    SonOfPest
    Opeth Iron Maiden As I Lay Dying (An Ocean Between Us) Black Sabbath That is just a few. Death metal is not all grunts and screams. It is blistering fast solos and insane technicality, with insane drum beats. Shut the **** you. You clearly do not know shit. You probably do not even play an instrument. Plus a lot of death metal vocalists can "SING" but they choose not to. Who the **** would sing to downtuned, dark, heavy music? It doesn't sound right. Fact.
    Paydro91
    theczar wrote: So record sales equal talent? If that's the case then Justin Beiber and Miley Cyrus rule!
    alrite so Gunz and Roses 1st album wasn't good at all. Juut got a lot of sales right? so it sucked, i get your point man.
    foosrule
    Sarykos wrote: foosrule wrote: THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA. Now that is where it's at kids. Nooooo! TDWP is just your typical shitty metalcore band that has no organization; all the parts of the songs are completely random, etc. It seems like some guys went in a garage, and said, "Hey all these riffs sound cool, let's throw them together in one shitty montage!"
    Not really sure metalcore is based off of organization...maybe you have confused your genres.
    foosrule
    Nameless742 wrote: Selling out will get you on the charts. I really like Bullet's older stuff. SAF was okay. This Album is definately poor in my own opinion. I was disappointed. Next disappointment in line : Avenged Sevenfold's latest.
    I agree with both parts, Ax7's album will be all hype and probably be the let down I'm expecting.
    Richardbs
    Alive@myfuneral wrote: michaelmunta wrote: ow, you're all criticising them, first let me see you sell 72,000 albums in first week and chart #3, allright? im waiting, oh mighty lyricist and songwriters... no one here is saying that they can do better but the bands success is not proof of their talent. there are hundreds of true metal acts out there who work their asses off trying to produce great albums for little reward and bands like bullet get all the recognition because they have a more mainstream sound. they're no untalented but they're not exactly doing anything special that redefines the genre
    You don't have to 'redefine the genre' to make a good album. I bought the album the day after it was released and I'm still just as addicted to it as I was the day I bought it.
    DoomsDave
    the Dustasaurus wrote: I do agree..their perception of metal is a little "childish." and I use that term loosely....but at least they can make metal that people actually want to listen to...modern day metal musicians tend to be in this endless struggle of trying to make their music more shitty and harder to listen to...so, A standing ovation for bfmv, keeping metal tolerable.....
    Completely unbiased and diplomatic, yet objective. Best post on the band's success yet.