Coldplay Tickets Selling For $1

Coldplay have fallen victim to the global recession - tickets for their latest tour are selling online for just $1.

Coldplay Tickets Selling For $1
135
British rockers Coldplay have fallen victim to the global recession - tickets for their latest tour are selling online for just $1 (66 pence). The Yellow hitmakers have been touring the U.S. since May (09) and are bringing their stadium show, which attracts approximately 50,000 fans per night, to the U.K. next month. Ticket prices for the gigs range in price from $30 (20) to $90 (60) - but many concertgoers are turning to online auction sites and ticket exchange websites to net themselves a bargain in the credit crunch. New figures reveal that tickets to the band's shows are being sold for as little as $1, according to Britain's The Sun newspaper. Thanks for the report to Contactmusic.com.

123 comments sorted by best / new / date

comments policy
    runx2xthehills
    [quote]kirkwannabe wrote: I was so surprised to find out that Metallica (the supposedly carrier of the torch for metal) were so influenced by a band named... Korn! Ha! quote] well um except the fact that Korn formed AFTER Metallica.
    Barack Obama
    What's so bad about Coldplay? Lighten up. They're a pretty damn good band no matter what your opinions of them as individuals are.
    xJuan91x
    panther62 wrote: i went to a coldplay concert this year...paid $125. worth every penny. you could have seen them for 100 pennies
    Hahahahahaha
    StilletoBoy
    !zAck wrote: I dont think I'd even pay that much
    EPIC WIN. Same, I wouldn't even pay the fying gasoline to get there.
    jrcsgtpeppers
    Coldplay are great. Better than most stuff around now days. Too much metal and punk around for anyone to handle. It's nice to have a band play great acoustic rock. But it's sad to see so many people bash on them. Creed and Coldplay, no one seems to like them, I say it's because they aren't brutal enough for most people.
    aocrkid
    psychoskin473 wrote: Wow it seems coldplayjurism has a conscious after all. But still i'd rather buy a coke than go see them.
    coke is definitely more than a dollar now lol
    Higgzy
    jetfuel495 wrote: xSUNxOFxNOTHING wrote: Kuestionmark wrote: You're all sheep. ????? Meaning you follow blindly. If you have a positive IQ, you'd have already figured that this article skews your perception by simple word choice. While many UGers are saying "HURR DURR PPL BUY TIX FUR $1", some of us aren't so stupid. If anyone has noticed, these $1 tickets are on auction sites. That doesn't mean that they actually sell for a buck. They might start at a buck, but the guys that put the tickets up have to make enough profit to cover the cost of the tickets (which are probably discounted). Just like guys who put classic cars on eBay and start them at a buck. The prices hike up by the last day of the auction. Not everyone who wants a ticket can get one. That's when they go to online auctions. And nobody gets anything for $1 on eBay. Not even Coldplay tickets. In conclusion, tickets are put up at $1, but aren't necesarrily purchased for $1. And anyone who believes The Sun without good reason is a fool.
    Took the words right out of my mouth. The Sun > BS at the highest degree people.
    huevos
    Xanadu_ROCK wrote: 1$? not even. The only way i'll ever go see coldplay is if im strapped up like Hannibal Lecter
    Hannibal Lecter started eating people because he saw Coldplay live.
    SixStrings
    runx2xthehills Actually read what I posted. Yes I know that Metallica came out way before Korn. But their album St. Anger came out very much after Korn, and sounds a damn good bit like them. The sound on the St. Anger album is "new metal". It was supposed to be their return to hardcore, after releasing softer albums, (which I personally liked) "Load" and "Reload". Then when the album was released (this is St. Anger we are still talking about) It was a huge disappointment to a lot of people because it had basically no guitar solo's, and sounded like, I can't believe I am saying this again...Korn!!! New Metal!!! What is so difficult to comprehend about that???
    liam1107
    and the world is finally how it should be, coldplay tickets selling for awful prices i dont hate coldplay at all, just wanted to make a closed minded douche statement
    vinnym86
    I hate this ****ing band. But i'd go for a buck! awesome. Now if the band actually had a hand in this, kudos to them, but probably not. Bands that support cheap, live music are AWESOME! I LOVE YOU GRACE POTTER!!
    ayreon37
    Someone earlier said that Chris Martin knew how to sing better than James Hetfield. Say what you want about Hetfield's voice, and even though I like it, I'll probably agree with you. Chris Martin has one of the worst voices ever duct taped together. He is the reason Coldplay sucks as bad as it does. I couldn't get through the album Politik, or however they spelled that, and it was 80% because of that excuse for a closed-off, half-assed whine that he has, and 20% mediocre music. My dollar is better spent getting fatter at Wendy's.
    SixStrings
    kirkwannabe wrote: Wow, shut up. Metallica is still a great band. And how can they be influenced by Korn if Korn formed about 14 years AFTER Metallica? Side note, Coldplay is alright. Ok first off I never said whether or not Metallica is or isn't a great band. And the reference I made to them being influenced by Korn is very evident on their ST. ANGER album! I didn't mention any other albums on that topic, now did I, kirkwannabe? True, Metallica did come out about 14 years before Korn. But the style that Metallica played early on was not considered the "new metal" sound that you hear on the what kids? (All at once childrens voices say) The St. Anger album...Very good kids! Hmmm...that new metal sound that was indeed introduced on more of a main-stream level by a band named, once again...KORN. There it's simple. And to Sleazy Disease or whatever your name is, I too like the Beach Boys, so what? I also happen to like Coldplay because I genially like them, not just because my friends do or don't. And I genially dislike a lot of bands mentioned on this site, and I never go on a forum and bash them, simply because I don't even click on the link that mentions news of them to do so in the first place. So why else would someone do that besides to jump on a little popular macho bandwagon, so that they can do so while they tug at their nuts to see if they are even still there! If you don't like them that's fine, just go give props to the bands that you do like, but don't piss all over the fans that do appreciate their art.
    FluMTonks
    i've been to coldplay concerts and green day concerts - and in the end it's two different types of music and comparing the concerts doesn't get you anywhere. the type of music influences the type of concert you'll get and they're both the top of there respective genres
    nzeese
    Honestly, we get it already. You don't like coldplay because they allegedly ripped off your precious virtuoso Satriani and/or because there isn't enough indiscernible over-gained guitar in the song to fit your tastes.
    lefthandman9876
    psychoskin473 wrote: Wow it seems coldplayjurism has a conscious after all. But still i'd rather buy a coke than go see them.
    make it a pepsi and your spot on.
    TJ1991
    I don't so much like their newer stuff but seriously, they're a pretty good band. I don't see much reason to hate them, other than that everyone else seems to. Which isn't a valid reason to do so. I know it's all a matter of opinion, but get your own before you go stealing other people's just cos it's the in thing to do so. This probably isn't true, but even if it is, who cares?
    Pencil Man
    Kuestionmark wrote: hurrr coldplay sucks hurrr, seriously they put on a good show and have written a few pretty great songs. You're all sheep. The article has no real source, or one who probably doesn't understand ebay. The tickets themselves would have been purchased for the full price and then were unable to be unloaded by scalpers for any money.
    If we're all sheep, then what does that make you? A pig? And anyway, I don't think Coldplay is very good. And to say that a Green Day show is alot more amazing than them, well, there you go.
    darkfire_storm
    Don_Leno wrote: Just saw them a few days ago in Montreal. Absolutely amazing. All you dicks going "Hurr Durr coldplay is teh suxorz OLOLOLOL i so clever" should go suck a fat one. Really. If you dont like them, why even comment on this story? As for the story itself, this has no substance whatsoever. No legit quotes from reliable sources, mostly bullshit. But my first point remains: You *****s should shut up and stick to your black metal, and then work on keeping your opinions to yourselves.
    I can see your point here, but it's just as stupid for you to assume that just because someone doesn't like Coldplay they must listen to black metal religiously. seriously, i don't like Coldplay just because i think they kinda suck for the most part. but that's my taste. however, i also don't like music that sounds like it's gonna jump out of my speakers and eat my face. and forums are made to voice opinions. if we kept opinions to ourselves, what the hell would be the point of this place?
    Amuro Jay
    Sleaze Disease wrote: jetfuel495 wrote: The problem with most of you is that you can't grasp the concept of opinion. Nope. It's a fact. Beach Boys > Coldplay could ever hope to be.
    :faceknife: I believe you just proved my point.
    jcarrig
    these comments are so predictable i don't love coldplay but shit, they've got more talent for finding success than any of you tools slagging them
    slashrock94
    Woah! $1, good one! Although I would probably only be payed to see Coldplay, my time is money, and a whole gig of horribleness would come to at least 1000.
    masterchief44
    Alright, guys. I'll gladly be about the only guy commenting on this post that likes Coldplay. Suck it up, everyone. They're a great band. And I'm posting this whilst "Alaska" by BtBaM is playing on my computer. I know, I know. It feels good to have a wider taste in music than most these days.
    rocker222
    huevos wrote: Xanadu_ROCK wrote: 1$? not even. The only way i'll ever go see coldplay is if im strapped up like Hannibal Lecter Hannibal Lecter started eating people because he saw Coldplay live.
    chuck noris ate hannibal lecter for desert
    Badmotorfever
    vinnym86 wrote: I hate this ****ing band. But i'd go for a buck! awesome. Now if the band actually had a hand in this, kudos to them, but probably not. Bands that support cheap, live music are AWESOME! I LOVE YOU GRACE POTTER!!
    YES! There needs to be more free music in the world. If you got every person who went to your gig to buy a t-shirt or something, that would easily get you profit and you'd have an audience full of happy people who've only had to pay congestion charge/tube fair to get there. If I get in a band when I'm older i'm so doing a Pearl Jam and fighting against over priced tickets. Who cares if you don't like Coldplay? According to Wikipedia, "As of July 2009, the album has sold over 8 million copies worldwide" - so if some 15 year old doesn't like it, who cares? Because there are another 8 millionish people out there who do. Grow a pair and stop banging on about how you don't like Coldplay.
    niel9802
    coldplay isnt rock. any band who has 'girls aloud' open for them isnt considered rock. WOULD THE PUSSYCAT DOLLS OPEN FOR MEGADETH?!
    IUseAPurplePick
    SixStrings wrote: I have seen Coldplay twice, once in Atlanta, and this last time they played in New Orleans. Both shows were incredible, even though we had crapy seats for both shows! All these people on here writing just to bash Coldplay are only doing it just because they think it will make them appear more macho if you see that they don't listen to any softer, acoustic based rock. Then some of them even make mention of a band like Metallica, just because they know they will get more pats on the back from the other goons who worship these once serious now turned "POP" (Load, Reload) metalheads! I can honestly say that years ago when I purchased Metallica's St. Anger album, it was and still is the most disapointing and one of the worst cd's I have ever purchased!! I was so surprised to find out that Metallica (the supposedly carrier of the torch for metal) were so influenced by a band named... Korn! Ha! So, instead of spending time on here bitching and making fun of band whose entire album you are obviously too damn macho to even give an honest listen to... Why don't you make better use of your time and go illegally download some Metallica songs so that Lars can have something to bitch about, and maybe just maybe if you are lucky enough, you might even win a chance to get sued by your favorite band! To all the posers out there who wouldn't know a great melody or lyrics if it hit them in the face like a piece of metal.
    I think if I wanted to listen to a great melody I'd listen to Satch. Also, I don't hate Coldplay because I'm some "I'm so macho i need some face kicking metal to chop mountains down with" guy. Coldplay, put simply, just aren't good.
    sucubus
    how is any band meant to make money by selling tickets for $1, i mean sure they r 50000 seat arenas, but once they have payed for all the crew, stadium costs etc they wld hav bugger all to show, they cld make more cash busking.
    KurdtStaley
    This article is a pos, and given the maturity of the comments i've read so far i would guess the average age level on UG is about fifteen. On the one hand I agree a lot of people one this site are retarded for their worship of metal and lack of ability to appreciate other forms of music. On the other hand I agree with all the retards holding the opinion that Coldplay is a bad band. Or at least I've never heard one song by them that I didn't think was cheesy, poppy, overproduced bullshit, with no emotion or passion in any of music or singing.
    loganpwns
    huevos wrote: Xanadu_ROCK wrote: 1$? not even. The only way i'll ever go see coldplay is if im strapped up like Hannibal Lecter Hannibal Lecter started eating people because he saw Coldplay live.
    lmfao
    Ali-b912 wrote: Kuestionmark wrote: hurrr coldplay sucks hurrr, seriously they put on a good show and have written a few pretty great songs. You're all sheep. I never liked U2 much, so why should I like coldplay. It's no more a trend to hate/dislike them, then it is to love them. I'd pay $1 to see U2 though.
    i'd pay $1 to see U2, although all i'd do is take a couple friends and start a mosh pit. Did it once at a Jonas Brother concert, never heard so many girls scream at one time, oh the good ole days.