Courtney Love Hires Kurt Cobain Look-Alike Guitarist

Courtney Love revealed that she has hired several musicians for her forthcoming tour, one of whom strongly resembles her late husband, Kurt Cobain.

Courtney Love Hires Kurt Cobain Look-Alike Guitarist
0
Courtney Love revealed that she has hired several musicians for her forthcoming tour, one of whom strongly resembles her late husband, Kurt Cobain. She also said that she is bringing on board the guitarist from Larrakin Love, which recently split up. Posting on her blog, Love wrote: "Another (guy) I found out later models on the side...but I'll admit it, I really hired him 'cos he looks so much like Kurt. It's weird, and he can play really well. He didn't kill me but he swore if I gave him a week he'd learn everything. He's blonde and soooooooo beautiful and his guitar playing is great." She continued: "The other is a guy from band called Larrakin Love. His guitar playing blew me away because it's just so fucking Modern. Its' Johnny Greenwood and Jack White and now and he's not stuck in any nineties rut." Love also hinted that she plans to play a secret London show on her birthday, July 9. She wrote: "So London is on my bday, But I Can't Say Where, and NY is on the 12th or 13th and the Roxy (in Los Angeles) is a few days after that." Love concluded by saying that she's recording a new song, tentatively titled 'Crashing Down', which "rocks really hard." Thanks for the info to NME.com.

87 comments sorted by best / new / date

comments policy
    StueyALBB
    She is possibly the least intelligent person i have ever had the misfortune to hear of. If it wasn't for Kurt her name would be just a faded memory in the back of some dusty old tome. Which it deserves to be quite frankly. Conspiracy theories aside Kurt could have (and should have) done better. It's one thing to cling to a memory, but to hire a person who you don't really know based entirely on the fact they remind of someone is quite wrong and very unfair to people who may have had a chance to get that part through being genuinely more deserving (although he may deserve the part, i don't know yet)
    Buffy_summers
    I personally think Courtney is great. She is original, vivacious, and rocks! Everyone's so dismissive of that nowadays like, you have to be such a shocker to remind people of what alternative is like, you know? I think she's cool. PLUS she has cool hair.
    Jardine07
    what a stupid bitch, thats just sad, i almost feel bad for her, but no1 should ever feel sorry for her...
    Dirk Gently
    AGirlCalledIt wrote: Ok but just because you don't care doesn't mean other people dont. You're not the only person here you know.
    True, but I'm the only person whose opinion matters in any appreciable way
    kurtcobain44444
    I hate when people say she is cool and is good with her band. It just makes me laugh. It's funnier than dane cook when you are 12 years old
    freakypop
    thats just ****ing wrong....in every way....who the **** hires some look alike of your dead ****ing life mate. you know i used to belive that love wasent so bad and that it was just all the drugs but this has crossed the line there is no more respect for the dead its like if ozzy went and found someone who looked like randy rhodes or if hellyeah got a guitarist who looked like dime
    MacDizzy
    Could they have put a bigger spin on the title of the story? She hires a guy that reminds her of Kurt, big deal. It's not like she was actively looking for someone to impersonate him like the title implies.
    Phillitalian
    wow. i bet $100 canadian (about $92 american ) that the guy is gonna shoot himself in the head with a shotgun
    AGirlCalledIt
    Ok but just because you don't care doesn't mean other people dont. You're not the only person here you know.
    Dirk Gently
    Because the conversation is off-topic and I don't really care. Besides, it's insane to try to convince someone else of their insanity. Also, invariably EVERY article that mentions either Courtney or Kurt somehow has the "murder" nonsense brought up. It's as tired around here as calling MCR or Fall Out Boy "emo" or saying St. Anger sucks in Metallica threads. I'm never scared of an argument, I just don't care.
    AGirlCalledIt
    Dirk Gently why don't you want the conversation about kurt's murder to continue? You were allowed give your opinion weren't you? Or are you afraid someone will come up with a better point than you?
    ibanez916
    thrash_bassist wrote: kurt cobain look-a-like: RRRRRUUUUUNNNNN!
    ya , he should probably watch his back ya he probably should watch his back
    Pittman
    Sorry,never been a big fan of courtney. Shes let people use kurts music,and we know kurt would have never done that in 100 years.
    AGirlCalledIt
    Dirk Gently you really are modest aren't you! Bite my....Nah better not you'll just ban me!
    stupidnickname
    Didn't she say last month that she was selling Kurt's stuff because she needed to "move on"? And now she admits she hired someone because he looks like Kurt? Yeah I know when I wanna move on from someone I deliberately surround myself with things that remind me of them, I see where she's coming from.
    Dirk Gently
    not_dead_enough wrote: Are you also sick of the constant and excessive "RIP Dime" posts that pop up in every article where the slightest thing to do with Pantera is mentioned??
    Yes.
    Pony_Rocker
    Gees i dunw what every1s on about, shes not that bad looking at all. At least not in that pic... its the only one i've seen so yea. Get over yourselves, every1 grieves differently
    BennyStruggle
    isnt love like 42 yrs old or something? I wonder if the Cobain look alike guitarist is Cobain at 27 or at 40. either way would make for a pretty wierd scenario. especially if Love starts bangin him, which im sure she already is.
    Christie524
    Kurt may have been murdered & if he was then may there be justice but there has been none why?was it a suicide most dont believe so did any of you think may be he could have faked his death?I dont know none of us know but a Kurt look alike there are many and the truth is there is only one real kurt cobain & he is the only real deal for me so remember his quote to the kurt look alikes "its better to be hated for who you are then loved for who you are not"would have loved so much to have seen him perform, if he is dead may we just let him R.I.P. & if he were still alive he obviously doesnt want us to think so.i would love to meet him maybe here on earth or who knows on thee other side we all love him & his music forever lives on but there will only be one Kurt Cobain there is noone that will ever replace him he is the real deal !
    xCoilx
    BennyStruggle wrote: isnt love like 42 yrs old or something? I wonder if the Cobain look alike guitarist is Cobain at 27 or at 40. either way would make for a pretty wierd scenario. especially if Love starts bangin him, which im sure she already is.
    lol!
    judaspriestkid
    no leave that to sharon
    zerodeck wrote: I know the daughter ressembles much, but this is too stupid for words, she's acting like some dumb teenage girl about the guitar players, still hate her, to me, she's the Yoko Ono of the 90'ies
    soapalot
    Taraalcar wrote: Man, she is ugly. Kurt certainly had zero taste in women.
    She is nowadays, but she was pretty hot in the early 90's
    not_dead_enough
    Dirk Gently m : Because the conversation is off-topic and I don't really care. Besides, it's insane to try to convince someone else of their insanity. Also, invariably EVERY article that mentions either Courtney or Kurt somehow has the "murder" nonsense brought up. It's as tired around here as calling MCR or Fall Out Boy "emo" or saying St. Anger sucks in Metallica threads. I'm never scared of an argument, I just don't care.
    Are you also sick of the constant and excessive "RIP Dime" posts that pop up in every article where the slightest thing to do with Pantera is mentioned?? I miss Dime too, but it's at the point where it's almost mocking.
    not_dead_enough
    kurtcobain44444 wrote: I hate when people say she is cool and is good with her band.
    Yeah because that is so many people on this site (or anywhere). What you say might be true, but you say it as if SO many people actually do like her.
    genresrforposer
    I agree with Dirk Gently (not the words he's used to defend himself but the opinion), he definitely killed himself imo. I think people should start accepting both that and the fact Kurt wasn't exactly the most sane person himself. And I find it ironic that a guy who really hated sexism has the ending of his legacy blamed on "that *****". I'm not defending Courtney (she really is just bleh), I'm saying Kurt was crazy enough to consent the marriage. My love of his lyrics/music notwithstanding, he ain't exactly a martyr.
    SlashNX
    Larrikin love???? Fuck the guy from that band really landed on his feet!!!
    Gnomestar
    sowhat360 wrote: Gnomestar wrote: how is she the yoko ono of the 90's? that doesnt even make sense slightly!! a lot of people think she played a role in his death. with that said she effectively broke up the band like yoko ono. it makes perfect sense.
    it maeks perfect sense if you exclude the fact that courtney love infact saved kurts life on numerous times when he overdosed on heroin if she hadnt revived him and called ambulances those times he would have died much earlier
    SchitzoJoe
    joseruntalan wrote: Walternativo : if I were that guitarist and I heard she chose me for my resemblance to Kurt, Id get the **** out of there; his life s in danger. LMAO!
    AHAHAHHAHAHHAhA. Wow. Nice.
    sticknick
    I looked up Frances Bean Cobain and realized that it's been around 13 years since Curt offed himself. Wow. Time flies.
    The_Big_O
    Powerhouse wrote: to me, she's the Yoko Ono of the 90'ies Only unglier.
    and without the great plasitic album, at least Yoko helped Lennon move onwards as I believe The Beatles were splitting up Ono or no Ono. But this is just immature
    Skarson
    soapalot wrote: At least she made no secret of the fact that she hired him cause he looks like Kurt. Stopped a lot of flaming posts here lol
    I dunno, she might've started a lot more than she stopped. Considering the relationship between her and Cobain, it takes a lot of nerve to do something like that.
    Gnomestar
    how is she the yoko ono of the 90's? that doesnt even make sense slightly!!