Fall Out Boy Will Reunite

Frontman Patrick Stump says his former band, currently on indefinite hiatus, will release another album. But when?

Fall Out Boy Will Reunite
0
Former Fall Out Boy frontman Patrick Stump has given hope to fans after dismissing claims that the band won''t reunite. According to Kerrang, the former group frontman gave clarity to a quote in the Alternative Press that said he doesn't "want to try and call back material [he] wrote when [he] was 17" when he's in his 40s." "That quote is way taken out of context", Stump responded in a blog post. "As is the implication that I 'Don't want to do Fall Out Boy when I'm 40', (which is literally not a quote of mine). All I meant by any of it is that I don't want to wait until I'm 40 to do another Fall Out Boy record, and if it takes that long, then I won't do one." Does this mean the band have a release on the horizon? "I am confident that we'll have a record out sooner than later, but there are currently no plans", he explains. "No 'two years', no 'six years', no parameters. It might happen later than any of that, it might happen sooner. It is literally, as it's always been, an indefinite hiatus. We never did breakup, we're still friends, and we still would like to make music together." "That said, I'd like to formally put this issue to rest. I think I've talked about it enough in the past two years and if anything it's silly talking about hypotheticals in detail. Who knows? I promise I will let everybody know as soon as there are concrete plans or if anything changes, but from here on until Fall Out Boy does have actual news, I'm going to just not talk about it." We reported that the group went on hiatus in February this year, with bassist Pete Wentz then claiming on twitter that "a hiatus is forever until you get lonely or old. I don't plan on either." Wentz added, "I can't imagine playing in FOB again. Something would have to change in my head or my heart ... not my wallet."

123 comments sorted by best / new / date

comments policy
    Msu_Man04
    I care. FOB is awesome, I don't care what anyone says. Also, Patrick Stump is, in my opinion, in the top 10 singers ever. U mad bro?
    link no1
    People hating on FoB just stop being such elitist douche's just because they got popular an....oh wait theres the problem... Yea, I'm gonna hope for the reunion and go listen to stuff on my itunes in order of Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Blood Stain Child, Arch Enemy, Sum 41, Fall Out Boy, then finish with a little Judas Priest and Blink 182... Why? Because I am a metalhead who deceided to go outside the box and explore other genres instead of spamming articles of bands I can't stand.
    kw112
    Everyone on here that says FOB would be better off without Pete is a dumbass. Plain and simple. He wrote he lyrics. The lyrics is a huge part of what made FOB different from other bands of the same genre. It also irks me when people say he was this pretentious douchebag. Unless you've met him and he's given a reason for you to say that, you're the ass for saying that. I can't believe that what people still don't understand is that half of the lyrics are ****ing satire, and not meant to be taken seriously. "I don't care what you think as long as it's about me" is not Pete Wentz being a douche or an ass. Look at the lyrics for "America's Suitehearts". Pretend Stephen Colbert is delivering those lines. Get it now? SATIRE. I'm not saying that he was a good bass player. I'm not saying FOB had any interesting bass lines or anything like that. He basically just got the job done. But I don't remember him doing anything to deserve everyone calling him a douche. The matter of the fact is that FOB wouldn't be the same if they replaced any of the members. I'm sick of people judging bands like Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance and Panic At The Disco by their fanbase and not by their music. The best insult people can come up with is "Ha all their fans are 13 year old girs/ emo kids". Who gives a flying ****? Since when do we judge bands on statistics? Sorry for the long ass rant. I'm just tired of people hating this band for no good ****ing reason. If you do, go ahead, thats your opinion. But don't go and insult the people behind the music when you don't know anything about them.
    SumFX
    JBougazelli wrote: Who cares
    I care, actually. FOB were never as bad as people made them out to be, they were just popular.
    8gerrard8
    FINALLY MUSIC IS FUCKING BACK! I love how much hate this band gets, 99% of the hate is jealousy. Fall Out Boy sold 20 million albums in 7 years and people can't stand that. Also, to anyone that even REMOTELY believes FOB are EMO deserves a slap. It proves how ignorant haters really can be that they go to such drastic measures. Metallica is far more emo than Fall Out Boy, wait **** that. Even The Beatles are more emo than Fall Out Boy. Also, why do people feel the need to hate FOB because they are famous? What about The Beatles? They became famous through making Pop Rock, what about The Ramones? Pop Punk. Do you want more lady gaga, justin biber in the charts? Then shut the **** up and be grateful that Fall Out Boy put Rock back into the charts for the few years they were active. My rant is over, can't wait for the reunion. SUGAR, WE'RE GOIN DOWN DOWN.
    Teh Skisgaars
    kw112 wrote: Everyone on here that says FOB would be better off without Pete is a dumbass. Plain and simple. He wrote he lyrics. The lyrics is a huge part of what made FOB different from other bands of the same genre. It also irks me when people say he was this pretentious douchebag. Unless you've met him and he's given a reason for you to say that, you're the ass for saying that. I can't believe that what people still don't understand is that half of the lyrics are ****ing satire, and not meant to be taken seriously. "I don't care what you think as long as it's about me" is not Pete Wentz being a douche or an ass. Look at the lyrics for "America's Suitehearts". Pretend Stephen Colbert is delivering those lines. Get it now? SATIRE. I'm not saying that he was a good bass player. I'm not saying FOB had any interesting bass lines or anything like that. He basically just got the job done. But I don't remember him doing anything to deserve everyone calling him a douche. The matter of the fact is that FOB wouldn't be the same if they replaced any of the members. I'm sick of people judging bands like Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance and Panic At The Disco by their fanbase and not by their music. The best insult people can come up with is "Ha all their fans are 13 year old girs/ emo kids". Who gives a flying ****? Since when do we judge bands on statistics? Sorry for the long ass rant. I'm just tired of people hating this band for no good ****ing reason. If you do, go ahead, thats your opinion. But don't go and insult the people behind the music when you don't know anything about them.
    everyone that i know that hates FOB hates it for a damn good reason. and tbh that reason is usually Pete... the lyrics are generally terrible the bass lines are so easy all you need is a sine tne generator instead of a bass to fill out the low end and NO ONE would notice. not a FOB fan at all but patrick (i think, the lead singer and songwriter), is an awesome musician and i respect him, just not FOB
    PeenieMcGee303
    Horsedick.MPEG wrote: So you're defending people you're not a part of? Shows you're more pathetic than FOB. Plus you're so cool for acting high and mighty because you think you're better than people who listen to Pop-Rock.
    Can you read?? I said "Most of us on this website are in or have been in struggling bands"
    Horsedick.MPEG
    PeenieMcGee303 wrote: Horsedick.MPEG wrote: PeenieMcGee303 wrote: kw112 wrote: Everyone on here that says FOB would be better off without Pete is a dumbass. Plain and simple. He wrote he lyrics. The lyrics is a huge part of what made FOB different from other bands of the same genre. It also irks me when people say he was this pretentious douchebag. Unless you've met him and he's given a reason for you to say that, you're the ass for saying that. I can't believe that what people still don't understand is that half of the lyrics are ****ing satire, and not meant to be taken seriously. "I don't care what you think as long as it's about me" is not Pete Wentz being a douche or an ass. Look at the lyrics for "America's Suitehearts". Pretend Stephen Colbert is delivering those lines. Get it now? SATIRE. I'm not saying that he was a good bass player. I'm not saying FOB had any interesting bass lines or anything like that. He basically just got the job done. But I don't remember him doing anything to deserve everyone calling him a douche. The matter of the fact is that FOB wouldn't be the same if they replaced any of the members. I'm sick of people judging bands like Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance and Panic At The Disco by their fanbase and not by their music. The best insult people can come up with is "Ha all their fans are 13 year old girs/ emo kids". Who gives a flying ****? Since when do we judge bands on statistics? Sorry for the long ass rant. I'm just tired of people hating this band for no good ****ing reason. If you do, go ahead, thats your opinion. But don't go and insult the people behind the music when you don't know anything about them. First you say "They're not very good musicians" the you say "We shouldn't hate them because we don't know them" Most of us on this website are in or have been in struggling bands and to see a no talent waste of space band like FOB sell a million friggin albums becausee they made funny music videos kinda gives all of us here a reason to hate these guys. Think of all the great chefs in the world and then imagine those chefs watching a douchebag on food network who doens't know a thing about cooking. Don't you think the chefs have a right to be pissed off? Maybe it's jealousy, but maybe just maybe some of us actually care about the state of Rock n Roll and when cookie cutter safe suck ass musicians are the face of the music that we love....we want that band to die. No. Most of the people on this website are angst ridden 14 year olds who think they're being cool and deviant by saying "lol FOB is t3h sux0r5 I worship Tool because I am an independent thinker because Maynard told me to be one." You're not worried about the state of Rock and Roll, you're jealous because they became successful and you can't realize your band sucks. Uhh, I'm not in a band and I don't like Tool. Go listen to Dance Dance and jack off to a pic of Pete's *****.
    So you're defending people you're not a part of? Shows you're more pathetic than FOB. Plus you're so cool for acting high and mighty because you think you're better than people who listen to Pop-Rock.
    nasedase
    I like how this article and people in the comments sections are implying the bass in Fall out Boy's songs are even AUDIBLE.
    Teh Skisgaars
    btw not a 14 year old with angst or whatever, im a 20 year old music technology student. love most music, from Katy Perry (her music not her singing), to burzum
    Horsedick.MPEG
    PeenieMcGee303 wrote: Horsedick.MPEG wrote: So you're defending people you're not a part of? Shows you're more pathetic than FOB. Plus you're so cool for acting high and mighty because you think you're better than people who listen to Pop-Rock. Can you read?? I said "Most of us on this website are in or have been in struggling bands"
    Hey, I complemented on how cool you looked and you're insulting me? No wonder you don't like Fallout Boy.
    Harley Fay
    Hell I'd play bass for Fall Out Boy. Pete Wentz's basslines are not all that difficult
    teknoman
    What!?... they got back together? i didnt even know that they broke up... lol.
    TheClincher
    timo96 wrote: NOOOOO!!! i'm not listening to the radio anymore!!! and to who ever said "He is one of the top ten singers" F@#* YOU!!! Kids, don't grow up to be retards like some of the kids these days. Whining is not singing and neither is having to lip sync or auto tune. Music is all about looks and that needs to change!!!
    haha, oh wow. someone is very ill-informed.
    PeenieMcGee303
    link no1 wrote: People hating on FoB just stop being such elitist douche's just because they got popular an....oh wait theres the problem... Yea, I'm gonna hope for the reunion and go listen to stuff on my itunes in order of Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Blood Stain Child, Arch Enemy, Sum 41, Fall Out Boy, then finish with a little Judas Priest and Blink 182... Why? Because I am a metalhead who deceided to go outside the box and explore other genres instead of spamming articles of bands I can't stand.
    OH YEAH!!!! We hate them because the got popular AND they didn't deserve it because they make crappy, bad sounding songs. Now, I'm gonna go listen to Lamb of God, Marty Robbins, Van Halen, Mastodon, Slayer, Wu-Tang Clan, The Beatles and finish with a little Alice in Chains.
    SGplayer1991
    I think I just heard a bunch of Scene Kids jizz themselves. on a serious note I enjoy FOB from time to time I hope they do get back together...though we all know they're just following the Blink-182 breakup routine
    symmetryerased
    harpcicle wrote: Reunite without Pete, the guy loves himself way too much and his attention seeking attitude gives the band a bad rep. Can't play bass live properly and even discards it so he can share vocals occasionally, of which said vocals are absolutely awful
    AGREED.
    GimmeRock
    betterman5 wrote: Msu_Man04 wrote: I care. FOB is awesome, I don't care what anyone says. Also, Patrick Stump is, in my opinion, in the top 10 singers ever. U mad bro? Please, please be joking. Patrick tump isn't a bad singer. But top 10 ever get the **** out. He wouldnt make the top 100. Plus his lyrics are so bad. And i hope like hell FOB dont reunite. Ever.
    I agree. No rock band nowadays will ever have a singer that will make the top 10. that was done in the 60's-80's where they had real music. It's not that he can't sing, but he most certainly will not make the top 10. and i have to agree that their lyrics suck.
    vaca11
    ohh cmon.. reunite with out Pete... who cares him ? Every bass player in UG is 10x better than him... Note: i like FOB
    Zacky-V-6661
    Munroe wrote: OMFG, THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVAR. I don't care if I sound like a teenage girl, FOB are one of my favourite bands & I've never seen them live, so the reunion needs to happen. Also, Pete might be an average bassist, but he writes the incredible lyrics so a reunion without him would be unacceptable for me. I for one don't understand where this hate for him came from, he's never come across as a douche to me.
    When people call Wentz a "Douche" I think they mean he has a huge ego on him. He does seem like a down to Earth person, I seen videos of him on YouTube of him meeting fans and he doesn't roll his eyes or anything, he makes eye contact and all. But I'll add to my eariler post. I'll admit, FOB is one of my favorite bands, so I can defend them in saying they are talented, whether you want to see it or not. Joe and Andy can show their talents in the Damned Things (Andy was a great drummer in TTTYG and FUCT), Patrick is a very talented (C'mon, dude's releasing an album that he's playing and producing himself), and Pete, say what you want about his bass playing skills, but he's a very talented writer (Song writer, auther, etc.) Again, FOB is more of a pop-punk/Pop-rock band which doesn't involve sweeps, tapping, slap and pop (Usally), but now that they're free to do what they want in their new bands, they can quite possibly let their talents show. Like I said before, in Black Cards, Pete's lines are much better then what he did in FOB (Calm Before the Storm did have a good line, tbh). Fan boy rant over.
    Munroe
    OMFG, THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVAR. I don't care if I sound like a teenage girl, FOB are one of my favourite bands & I've never seen them live, so the reunion needs to happen. Also, Pete might be an average bassist, but he writes the incredible lyrics so a reunion without him would be unacceptable for me. I for one don't understand where this hate for him came from, he's never come across as a douche to me.
    headbang123
    kw112 wrote: Everyone on here that says FOB would be better off without Pete is a dumbass. Plain and simple. He wrote he lyrics. The lyrics is a huge part of what made FOB different from other bands of the same genre. It also irks me when people say he was this pretentious douchebag. Unless you've met him and he's given a reason for you to say that, you're the ass for saying that. I can't believe that what people still don't understand is that half of the lyrics are ****ing satire, and not meant to be taken seriously. "I don't care what you think as long as it's about me" is not Pete Wentz being a douche or an ass. Look at the lyrics for "America's Suitehearts". Pretend Stephen Colbert is delivering those lines. Get it now? SATIRE. I'm not saying that he was a good bass player. I'm not saying FOB had any interesting bass lines or anything like that. He basically just got the job done. But I don't remember him doing anything to deserve everyone calling him a douche. The matter of the fact is that FOB wouldn't be the same if they replaced any of the members. I'm sick of people judging bands like Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance and Panic At The Disco by their fanbase and not by their music. The best insult people can come up with is "Ha all their fans are 13 year old girs/ emo kids". Who gives a flying ****? Since when do we judge bands on statistics? Sorry for the long ass rant. I'm just tired of people hating this band for no good ****ing reason. If you do, go ahead, thats your opinion. But don't go and insult the people behind the music when you don't know anything about them.
    I like FOB,MCR,and pretty much any other emo band and I'm just as against the emo hate as the next guy...but Pete has ruined every ive video I've seen of them because he starts possing for photos and jump around and high fiving the audience and he always misses a couple notes on his bass. But all the other guys are always playing perfectly. I'm not saying Pete's bad but I think the others guys are more developed musicians than him and I wouldn't be too mad if they continued without him.
    iljh
    Oh god I really have to shit! This has nothing to do with the article Idc either way if FOB exists or not. I'm glad others like them. But I just REALLY need someone to know that I am about to take what is possibly the biggest poop in history. In case I don't make it, this is "iljh" signing off UG.
    Horsedick.MPEG
    PeenieMcGee303 wrote: kw112 wrote: Everyone on here that says FOB would be better off without Pete is a dumbass. Plain and simple. He wrote he lyrics. The lyrics is a huge part of what made FOB different from other bands of the same genre. It also irks me when people say he was this pretentious douchebag. Unless you've met him and he's given a reason for you to say that, you're the ass for saying that. I can't believe that what people still don't understand is that half of the lyrics are ****ing satire, and not meant to be taken seriously. "I don't care what you think as long as it's about me" is not Pete Wentz being a douche or an ass. Look at the lyrics for "America's Suitehearts". Pretend Stephen Colbert is delivering those lines. Get it now? SATIRE. I'm not saying that he was a good bass player. I'm not saying FOB had any interesting bass lines or anything like that. He basically just got the job done. But I don't remember him doing anything to deserve everyone calling him a douche. The matter of the fact is that FOB wouldn't be the same if they replaced any of the members. I'm sick of people judging bands like Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance and Panic At The Disco by their fanbase and not by their music. The best insult people can come up with is "Ha all their fans are 13 year old girs/ emo kids". Who gives a flying ****? Since when do we judge bands on statistics? Sorry for the long ass rant. I'm just tired of people hating this band for no good ****ing reason. If you do, go ahead, thats your opinion. But don't go and insult the people behind the music when you don't know anything about them. First you say "They're not very good musicians" the you say "We shouldn't hate them because we don't know them" Most of us on this website are in or have been in struggling bands and to see a no talent waste of space band like FOB sell a million friggin albums becausee they made funny music videos kinda gives all of us here a reason to hate these guys. Think of all the great chefs in the world and then imagine those chefs watching a douchebag on food network who doens't know a thing about cooking. Don't you think the chefs have a right to be pissed off? Maybe it's jealousy, but maybe just maybe some of us actually care about the state of Rock n Roll and when cookie cutter safe suck ass musicians are the face of the music that we love....we want that band to die.
    No. Most of the people on this website are angst ridden 14 year olds who think they're being cool and deviant by saying "lol FOB is t3h sux0r5 I worship Tool because I am an independent thinker because Maynard told me to be one." You're not worried about the state of Rock and Roll, you're jealous because they became successful and you can't realize your band sucks.
    betterman5
    Msu_Man04 wrote: I care. FOB is awesome, I don't care what anyone says. Also, Patrick Stump is, in my opinion, in the top 10 singers ever. U mad bro?
    Please, please be joking. Patrick tump isn't a bad singer. But top 10 ever get the **** out. He wouldnt make the top 100. Plus his lyrics are so bad. And i hope like hell FOB dont reunite. Ever.
    Zeppelin Addict
    flecktowned wrote: who else has sugar we're going down stuck in their head now?
    +1 Funnily enough I heard that song a couple days ago for the first time in what must be years.. it has returned. Never minded them, wasn't a fan of the drama/pete but for pop punk they were pretty cool. If you don't like em, at least respect them.
    mitch311
    Give me a plus one if you're a angst ridden 14 year old who think they're being cool and defiant by saying FOB suck
    Iommianity
    link no1 wrote: People hating on FoB just stop being such elitist douche's just because they got popular an....oh wait theres the problem... Yea, I'm gonna hope for the reunion and go listen to stuff on my itunes in order of Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Blood Stain Child, Arch Enemy, Sum 41, Fall Out Boy, then finish with a little Judas Priest and Blink 182... Why? Because I am a metalhead who deceided to go outside the box and explore other genres instead of spamming articles of bands I can't stand.
    This has nothing to do with anything, but that's out of the box?
    guitarplaya070
    Really really really bad band. Fact. In other news, Good Charlotte looks to UG fall out boy fan boys for a resurgence in popularity. Go gett'm boys.
    fuzzthedog
    Msu_Man04 wrote: I care. FOB is awesome, I don't care what anyone says. Also, Patrick Stump is, in my opinion, in the top 10 singers ever. U mad bro?
    No, I'm sad that you'd place him in the top ten.
    Sladey
    Stop hating on FOB. Being contrarian doesn't make you cool. Liking Fall Out Boy isn't a crime, so stop hating them because they have a different fan base to "Insert your favourite band here" which are obviously the best band of all time.. Although I had no idea they even broke up :p
    Jimmyboba
    Sladey wrote: Stop hating on FOB. Being contrarian doesn't make you cool. Liking Fall Out Boy isn't a crime, so stop hating them because they have a different fan base to "Insert your favourite band here" which are obviously the best band of all time.. Although I had no idea they even broke up :p
    Liking Fall Out Boy isn't a crime but hating them isn't either. Personally i'm a Fall Out Boy fan, but not a Pete Wentz one. But this doesn't suprise me that they probably will get back together. Band's do it all the time, say they'll "Never play together again" and 5 years later they'll be on a world tour (yes blink, im talking to you) It's hard to deny that Joe, Andy and Patrick aren't talented musicians mind. Pat's solo stuff is good and I ****ing love The Damned Things. It also proves that Pete isn't all that talented with The Black Cards being shit and all....
    LightxGrenade
    I'm more upset about the title for this article than anything else, it's incredibly misleading. I always liked FOB, from their early pop punk stuff to the pop-rock of their last 2 albums. Patrick's voice is great, almost theatrical. I really don't care about Pete Wentz and his drama, I never really read up on the things the guy does, I just listen to the music. And so what if his lyrics come off as pretentious? Anyone ever heard the lyrics of rappers, or hardcore bands, or metal bands? They're ALL kind of over the top...
    BrokenSymphony
    This title was the most misleading thing I've seen read I read the world was ending on Saturday. I really like FOB music I don't care that it's not technical or a shred fest. I didn't like them when I was in high school and that's because I never listened to them, I just knew only little girls that liked them. But then I listened to them and they are catchy. They aren't my favorite band but they are catchy. And people that hate them for 1 why are you posting on here? 2 if you hate them because of Pete Wentz egotism I pray to god you don't like Metallica, Slayer, or any other band with humongous douche bags in them. I'm not trying to be friends and hang out with the dude I just listen to the songs even if his lines are basic they usually fit the song so what does it matter. Not everything has to be virtuosity to be good
    Henkdemachtige
    I like msot of FoBs music, but since they were on a indefinite hiatus already HOW THE FUCK IS THIS NEWS?
    kw112
    PeenieMcGee303: I never said they weren't good musicians. I was talking about Pete's bass skills. What I meant was that I'm not going to make it out to be like he is some amazing bassist because he's not. Like I said before, he just gets the job done basically. As far as the rest of the band goes I think Patrick is a talented singer and composer and Joe and Andy are pretty good at what they do. The reason for that long rant is because I know that the people that take the time to read articles about bands they don't care about just to inform others that "they're shit" have a bone to pick. Guess what? Fall Out Boy was a struggling band too at one point. Believe it or not, they did not just blow up overnight, they've played crappy basement and bar shows, rode in smelly overcrowded vans, and dealt with all the crap that every struggling band deals with. It's called pop for a reason, because its popular. Therefore it IS going to have more potential to be enjoyed by the general public (and therefore commercially successful) than metal or punk or anything else. I'm not saying that pop is better than any of those genres, but it's successful commercially simply because its more appealing. I don't go on articles about Miley Cyrus just to bitch and moan about how crap I think she is because of a simple reason: I honestly don't give enough of a shit to do that. If I don't like a band, I don't spend too much time thinking about them or looking them up, or even clicking on a link thats flashing in my face.
    The_lizard_king
    I don't know why people bitch about this, it's not like you would be forced to buy their new album or go to a concert on their reunion tour.
    Grimriffer
    I hate fallout boy and I'm pretty cool. But I'm not cool because I hate FOB(as many would think); It's because I'm cool I hate FOB.
    leohimself
    how come that on the megadeth article everyone is like: "oh can't wait", "oh sounds good", "oh i would like to do this and that to dave mustaine" and on this article everyone is like "terrible band", "oh it ruined my day"... when both bands suck?