Jason Mraz Maps Midwest Dates

Jason Mraz plans to canvas the Midwest this spring on the heels of his in-progress international tour.

0
Jason Mraz plans to canvas the Midwest this spring on the heels of his in-progress international tour. The US trek gets underway April 25 in Nashville and hits a mix of stadiums, arenas and amphitheaters through mid-May. The current roster has the singer/songwriter slated to finish up the trip with a two-night stand at Las Vegas' MGM Grand Garden Arena before heading across the pond for a two-week European run. Mraz's US itinerary is included below, and details for the overseas shows are posted at his website. The San Diego musician, who released his first major effort in 2002, rose to fame with the single "The Remedy (I Won't Worry)," from 2005's "Mr. A-Z." That album debuted at No. 5 on the Billboard 200, and led to opening gigs with heavy hitters like the Rolling Stones and Alanis Morissette. Mraz is currently touring behind his latest album, 2008's "We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things." April 2009: 25 - Nashville, TN - Vanderbilt Stadium 26 - Lexington, KY - University of Kentucky 28 - Little Rock, AR - Alltel Arena 29 - Tulsa, OK - Spirit Bank Events Center May 2009: 1 - Birmingham, AL - Crawfish Boil 2 - Champaign, IL - Assembly Hall 3 - Madison, WI - Alliant Energy Center 5 - Council Bluffs, IA - Westfair Amphitheater 6 - Kansas City, MO - Starlight Theatre 8, 9 - Las Vegas, NV - MGM Grand Garden Arena Thanks for the report to Livedaily.com.

69 comments sorted by best / new / date

comments policy
    b-linz117
    Got my ticket for the April 26th show. Also, "The Remedy" is from "Waiting for my Rocket to Come," not "Mr. A-Z."
    Galfadez
    cant believe hes still number 2 on top 100 tabs. whats wrong with u people
    ndschroede23
    It's not your opinions that I find unpopular and incendiary. An opinion is you saying you don't like Jason Mraz. I can stomach that fine. It's your delivery I'm attacking. It's the fact that you told everyone here that Jason Mraz is despicable. Believe it or not, saying a musician is bad and that people shouldn't like them holds some water for people. If people spend enough time on UG, they'll adopt the opinions that Coldplay, U2, and Jason Mraz actually are bad, which is not the case. No musician is bad. Every piece and style of music can be enjoyed, but you come on here and tell people that they have to be idiots to like Jason Mraz. Voice your opinion all you want. I invite you to. Tell me what other types of music you don't like, I'll tell you what I don't like. But don't look down on people because they do like that music.
    Supernaut82
    You Mraz fans get pretty hostile, why so defensive? I don't think the Jason would approve of this adverse reaction towards an outside opinion. This aggression will not stand, man. I mean, don't worry your life away guys! Tomorrow you'll wake up, and your Mraz records will be in the same shitty spot you left them, no matter what anyone says in a forum. I'm just joking guys, all merely tomfoolery, having a laugh at the expense of some Mraz fans. Calm down, all you shiny happy people.
    ndschroede23
    I'm actually not a Jason Mraz fan. Couldn't name more than two songs by him. I just can't f'in stand musical bigotry.
    Supernaut82
    Ndschroede23; You honestly have the proper mindset here, and I practice "live and let live" as much as possible. But, come one man, I think the world needs a bit more selective hearing; musical bigotry, if you will. Have you taken a peek at the charts lately? It hurts, man! Most of the music out there is deep as the stinky yellow puddle in a colostomy bag. I wish we could live in a place where the listener actually expects a bit of substance out of their beloved music, not just tone-deaf horseshit. From one guitar player to the next, the bar needs to be raised, and you know it's true. Well, I'm feeling fiesty, where's the Offspring forum? Take care of yourself, ndschroede23, you're a good-hearted dude, and I'm just being an *****.
    FireHawk
    DirkLance wrote: And just like every other act, they skip right over Indiana, which is also in the Mid-West.
    They just played at Purdue University like 2 weeks ago...so they did play in Indiana...I know some girls who went to it.
    kirkwannabe
    I'm a metalhead, and I love Jason Mraz. He is a top notch live performer, all vocals are spot on. Go see him yourself.
    goskayourself
    ndschroede23 wrote: It's not your opinions that I find unpopular and incendiary. An opinion is you saying you don't like Jason Mraz. I can stomach that fine. It's your delivery I'm attacking. It's the fact that you told everyone here that Jason Mraz is despicable. Believe it or not, saying a musician is bad and that people shouldn't like them holds some water for people. If people spend enough time on UG, they'll adopt the opinions that Coldplay, U2, and Jason Mraz actually are bad, which is not the case. No musician is bad. Every piece and style of music can be enjoyed, but you come on here and tell people that they have to be idiots to like Jason Mraz. Voice your opinion all you want. I invite you to. Tell me what other types of music you don't like, I'll tell you what I don't like. But don't look down on people because they do like that music.
    +10000 I couldn't agree more sir
    3blackpicks
    goskayourself wrote: ndschroede23 wrote: It's not your opinions that I find unpopular and incendiary. An opinion is you saying you don't like Jason Mraz. I can stomach that fine. It's your delivery I'm attacking. It's the fact that you told everyone here that Jason Mraz is despicable. Believe it or not, saying a musician is bad and that people shouldn't like them holds some water for people. If people spend enough time on UG, they'll adopt the opinions that Coldplay, U2, and Jason Mraz actually are bad, which is not the case. No musician is bad. Every piece and style of music can be enjoyed, but you come on here and tell people that they have to be idiots to like Jason Mraz. Voice your opinion all you want. I invite you to. Tell me what other types of music you don't like, I'll tell you what I don't like. But don't look down on people because they do like that music.
    Did you watch that pysopus video that was up a few days ago? Proof that music can suck. I don't care how open minded you are, that isn't ****ing good. unique? yes. evocative? hardly. And to state that no musician is bad is mind-numbingly ignorant. This isnt a ****ing Pop rag, its ultimate-guitar. The remedy? shoot him.
    ndschroede23
    3blackpicks wrote: Did you watch that pysopus video that was up a few days ago? Proof that music can suck. I don't care how open minded you are, that isn't ****ing good. unique? yes. evocative? hardly. And to state that no musician is bad is mind-numbingly ignorant. This isnt a ****ing Pop rag, its ultimate-guitar. The remedy? shoot him.
    I did not see this video. But to hear that it was popular enough to make it onto a very popular website such as this one implies that enough people liked it. And if someone likes music, for whatever reason, it can't be bad. Music is meant to, among other things, entertain. If it entertains, it's good. That's why no musician is bad, at least musicians that are liked. They entertain, they succeed at what they set out to do, they are good at what they do. Jason Mraz is good. It doesn't matter if he's not brutal enough for you. Lots of people like him, just not a lot people who choose to stick up for him, because elitists like you push them down.
    3blackpicks
    funny, you should read the comments to the video. just because some jackoff decided to post it doesn't give it merit. Clearly stating the simple fact that 1) music CAN BE BAD and 2) Jason Mraz doesnt belong on this website makes me an elitist. And of course you assume that i only appreciate "brutal" music. laughable. I'd also like to watch you tell a group of musicians that their work is judged on its ability entertain. again, i smell blood.
    ndschroede23
    I watched a bit of the video. Not my cup of tea. But just because it's not aurally pleasing doesn't mean it doesn't have merit. Avant-garde music has always been around and does receive merit from those who know how to appreciate it. That's an example of music that gets its merit from something other than its ability to entertain. Music can't be bad. You can not like it. It can have only simply theory (or none at all) applied. But if it resonates within a listener, how can it be bad? Music is made to please, in some form or other. Who are you to tell people that like a certain type of music "If you like that, you have bad taste"? Jason Mraz is on this website. You say he shouldn't be. Thankfully you don't run the site. He plays guitar - his tabs are provided by the site. The site is for guitarists. I don't see where the confusion is. Your viewpoint is elitist because you claim domain over what should and what should be featured on this site. By claiming you know what is best for the site, you claim to know what is best for its visitors - better than the visitors themselves. That's elitist. Music is meant to entertain. Musicians' jobs are to entertain - partially. If no one likes listening to your songs (read: is entertained by them ) no ones going to listen to them. You have to regard the audience if you want to make music and have it appreciated. Every successful musician (regardless of your definition of success) has reached success because he or she made music that people liked. In every case.
    Supernaut82
    ndschroede23, in all honesty, you're right. I am simply a man of time, much like yourself. I am certainly not an authority, I'm just a witness to what gets played, and who latches on to it. I would never shed any tears over someone like a Mraz, I am actually enjoying myself quite a bit here. And please don't be so shallow as to say that since we, the Ultimate Guitar community, haven't sold any platinum records this year means that we can't voice our opinions in an online forum, no matter how popular or unpopular they may be.
    ulique
    RUSTDOGG666 wrote: zachmcpeak1012 wrote: what is he doing on ultimate GUITAR Agreed
    er, cos he plays guitar? rustdogg666... please tell me you don't actually think that sounds cool. are you a 12 year old slipknot fan or something? grow up.
    Stone Agean
    Wow, congrats on your indie cred. You hate an entire genre for... what particular reason? Because all the kids in Freshman English told you so?
    The case where I live is more everyone loving his music, when realy anyone could write the crap he puts out (pure opinion here so no flaming). It has nothing to do with any credibility, more that people are missing out on truely great music by listening to this fool.
    ihavenoname93
    i am not a metalhead, i am not a hating-mainstream-because-its-mainstream kind of person. that being said, i think jason mraz is a flaming homosexial, and i cant stand his music
    habebe girl
    every news story about a mainstream guitarist is filled with bickering comments...haha. Its ultimate guitar...if theres a guitar in it, it qualifies as news ( wether you like/dislike the particular guitarist/band) i would think.
    ndschroede23
    Ugh, forget it. This is turning into a battle of semantics. I no longer have the energy to debate your long-winded responses to my long-winded statements with more long-winded arguments. It's been good. I think we both represented our different ideologies well. Let's leave with some semblance of our dignities. Agree to disagree, as they say.
    3blackpicks
    lol, calm down, i dont even care. This evolved rapidly into an argument that has nothing to do with the article and yes, its was my doing for the most part. Im actually having trouble deciding how to respond because on the one hand, i think you may be an interesting person to have a conversation with, but on the other i hate you a little bit. if memory (and scrolling up the page...) serves, you started things by calling me elitist because i don't believe in generalizing things to this degree. but you know what? maybe i am a little. people that make and market music with zero originality (not talking about Mraz), zero thought behind it (still not talking about Mraz), and who exibit zero musical knowledge at all and still gain recognition makes a mockery of real actual MUSICAL compositions. these artists are posers, plain and simple. now, back to the ACTUAL argument? Not a single time did i say that everything i dont like is bad. you made the ludacris statement that any and all music is good. i'm just saying that thats an over generalized statement. music. CAN. be bad.
    m0o
    b r y a n wrote: zachmcpeak1012 wrote: what is he doing on ultimate GUITAR Cheeseman Jay wrote: how the hell is this news? he's no rocker... The man makes a living playing guitar. I don't see what the problem is.
    Radical Bob wrote: Considering his tabs are among the top 100..
    the dude is a pretty good guitarist. his rythms and melodies are really catchy.. yes it is mainstream.. WHATS THE BIG ISSUE WITH THAT? if you dont like mraz you dont need to flame him.. everyones entitled to musical opinions, not hate comments. i like mraz.. i also like zeppelin, gnr, nirvana.. etc etc... its called having a bit of variety.
    ndschroede23
    3blackpicks wrote: rather than dispute all five of your highly generalized and marginally slanderous paragraphs individually, ill just have you read this. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionar... The dictionary definition for music. See, i can be a little btch too. calling me elitist for this is ridiculous. riddle me this: if someone goes to a park or a highway and records an entire album of random cacaphony then overdubs "BORK!" at random intervals and they manage to sell one copy to some hippy who thinks all music is good, does it make it good? no, its still just NOISE. likewise, mashing notes together in a completely undignified and obscene way, such as with the psyopus song, doesnt make it OR the "artist" good. apparently the psyopus guitarist is incredible too, he just takes his theory way too far. its not good. ha, i really have no business giving you crap for ranting, do i...?
    I'm not here to defend the Psyopus guitarist. I could, but this "argument" is off-topic enough. What do you say to someone that likes music that you arbitrarily consider "bad"? How do you justify your assertion that not only do you not like that music, but that that person shouldn't like it either if he or she had self-respect? How can you possibly support that logically? Answer that or answer any one of my, how did you put it, "highly generalized and marginally slanderous paragraphs" (haha good verbal symmetry). Just don't come back with a condescending response like last time. This can be a legit discussion, and if you're going to talk down to me by calling me a "little btch" and implying I don't know the definition of music, you can leave the grade school garbage at the door and we'll end it here.
    3blackpicks
    rather than dispute all five of your highly generalized and marginally slanderous paragraphs individually, ill just have you read this. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionar... The dictionary definition for music. See, i can be a little btch too. calling me elitist for this is ridiculous. riddle me this: if someone goes to a park or a highway and records an entire album of random cacaphony then overdubs "BORK!" at random intervals and they manage to sell one copy to some hippy who thinks all music is good, does it make it good? no, its still just NOISE. likewise, mashing notes together in a completely undignified and obscene way, such as with the psyopus song, doesnt make it OR the "artist" good. apparently the psyopus guitarist is incredible too, he just takes his theory way too far. its not good. ha, i really have no business giving you crap for ranting, do i...?
    urdad
    Supernaut82 wrote: Anyone on this website should know better than to purchase tickets to a Jason Mraz concert. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Have you heard of the guitar legend of The Crossroads? You know, sell your soul to the devil for uncanny guitar chops? Well congratulations, because now we've reached The Shitroads, and Captain Jason Mraz is standing on the corner with a thumb up my ass. This guy really gets on my ****ing tits. Mraz makes that lily John Mayer look like ****ing Steven Seagal on Viagra. $35.00 a ticket?! How about I just pay you $35 dollars to come over and kick me in the chubby pals instead? That would be a lot more stimulating. Squeal me another feel good hit of the summer, Jason, you little fruitcake.
    your an idiot, and you make no ****ing sense fruitcake
    ndschroede23
    Supernaut82 wrote: Anyone on this website should know better than to purchase tickets to a Jason Mraz concert. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Have you heard of the guitar legend of The Crossroads? You know, sell your soul to the devil for uncanny guitar chops? Well congratulations, because now we've reached The Shitroads, and Captain Jason Mraz is standing on the corner with a thumb up my ass. This guy really gets on my ****ing tits. Mraz makes that lily John Mayer look like ****ing Steven Seagal on Viagra. $35.00 a ticket?! How about I just pay you $35 dollars to come over and kick me in the chubby pals instead? That would be a lot more stimulating. Squeal me another feel good hit of the summer, Jason, you little fruitcake.
    Holy crap, what do you have against the guy? You don't like his style. That's fine. But to come on here and say that everyone who likes him should for some unstated reason be ashamed, who are you to pass as an authority? Quit crying because someone you don't like is more successful than you and show some respect to your peers.
    badfish2829
    deathshadow519 wrote: Maps Midwest dates? Only three of those dates are in the Midwest. Dumbasses.
    Clearly you don't know what is included in the "Midwest". Will try and get my ticket. Waiting for my rocket to come was a great cd.
    papersun87
    Nevada and Alabama have always been my favorite Midwestern states. Article mockery aside, I might try to get out to see him. The guy makes some catchy tunes.
    deathshadow519
    badfish2829 wrote: Clearly you don't know what is included in the "Midwest". Will try and get my ticket. Waiting for my rocket to come was a great cd.
    Are you kidding me? Google is your friend.
    DirkLance
    badfish2829 wrote: deathshadow519 wrote: Maps Midwest dates? Only three of those dates are in the Midwest. Dumbasses. Clearly you don't know what is included in the "Midwest". Will try and get my ticket. Waiting for my rocket to come was a great cd.
    Well there are definitely more than 3 in the Midwest, more like 3 aren't though. And just like every other act, they skip right over Indiana, which is also in the Mid-West. Don't know if care too much about this one getting away though. It's probably gonna be one of those laid back stoner concerts where there are a bunch of underage chicks who go with older guys so they can buy alcohol for them and stuff. A.K.A. Dave Matthews, Jack Johnson, etc.
    Newbs28
    So this is a Midwest tour...and Minnesota is not involved? What the ****
    b r y a n
    zachmcpeak1012 wrote: what is he doing on ultimate GUITAR
    Cheeseman Jay wrote: how the hell is this news? he's no rocker...
    The man makes a living playing guitar. I don't see what the problem is.