Josh Homme Vs Homophobic Claims

Queens Of The Stone Age frontman Josh Homme has defended himself against accusations that he is a homophobe after an outburst at a show in Norway.

0
Queens Of The Stone Age frontman Josh Homme has defended himself against accusations that he is a homophobe after an outburst at a show in Norway, reports NME.com. Homme had a fan pulled from the crowd after a bottle was thrown at him during their set at the Norwegian Wood festival in Oslo on June 13, and threatened to butt-fuck him. The incident subsequently appeared in a YouTube clip and Homme responded to many blogger and media accusations of being a homophobe: He wrote: Member of the Peanut Gallery: "Some journalists & citizens on the internet & are wondering: Q? Am I a homophobe because I included a slang for gay in with other "acceptable" curse words during a verbal lashing I gave a young concertgoer, after being hit by his shoe, during a show the other day? A= Nope. My gay family & friends, as well as myself, KNOW I am not a homophobe. For years now I've known gay is not a choice; one's skin color doesn't determine one's intelligence level; & red hair doesn't mean you're someone's stepchild. You see, it's not the words, it's their intent. I never said, nor suggested, that being gay is wrong, but apparently, based on your outrage to my flu-infused rant, you do! By that logic... I also told that young whipper snapper I'd have anal sex with him... how can I possibly reconcile these opposing viewpoints? I called him a pussy too. Does it mean I hate our one worlds' collective vagina? I never have been nor intend to be politically correct. That's your cross to bear. To me, that PC world would suck more shit than the porta-potty truck at Glastonbury." He continues: "Homophobic? I'm in Queens Of The Stone Age for crissake... You say, "So. Your band name doesn't prove anything." Maybe not. But it's a helluv a lot more definitive than the logic of some watchdog... (sorry canine-American, canine-European, canine-African, canine-Australian & canine-Asian) moralist, keeping score from pure perfectionville? If your glass house is squeegeed that clean & you need to do something, do what the great philosopher Bill Hick's once suggested: - forgive me-. Or don't. I'm not asking for either, OK? I think you should let both of your cheeks go loose so the stick will drop out. Either way I expect that you'll soon find another injustice from your chair, then roll to your bullhorn & point it out to the rest of us... Because you're so above it all. Or If you'll allow me to translate a wish of mine into your PC lingo: Will you please go have, consensual, sex with yourself. Pretty please with all natural, carbon offset sugar on top. Sincerely, Mr. Missundastood A.K.A. Joshua, Baby Duck, Jho Head Choreographer & Do Stuff Corporation's pansexual spokes-thing

121 comments sorted by best / new / date

comments policy
    guitarheroII
    Go Josh! He isn't gay, i mean we all say something is "gay" at some point. The people who called him that should be stoned to death.
    Cobalt Blue
    Guitarism12 wrote: Jeez reporters take everyting literaly dont they....
    yeah they're ****ing cock-smokers like that... (now for the anti-cock-smoker song)
    Prince Albert
    I called him a pussy too. Does it mean I hate our one worlds' collective vagina? Will you please go have, consensual, sex with yourself. Pretty please with all natural, carbon offset sugar on top.
    This guy is officially my hero.
    Cobains'guitar
    haha. My father is gay but still says when brokeback mountain is on tv ''I'm not gonna sit here and watch this Gay movie''
    Mahoru
    Simply put: bravo, Josh. Once again you've proved you're one of the best guys in the world! He owned everybody who was saying that here leaving completely clean. Sincerely, how can that answer be considered enough reason to say he's homophobic? Everybody says that when we lose our nerves, and that doesn't mean we're all homophobics (or homme-o-phobics, that was a good one ). In fact, if I was him, I'd have said more things than just that and that would be no reason to call me anything. Again, kudos for him. He's one of the few people that make me say "man, you're the one".
    dale-banez
    AEnima18 wrote: lol "homme-o-phobic" but yeah i don't think he is one
    pun alert!
    shwilly
    I think you should let both of your cheeks go loose so the stick will drop out.
    He already used this line during their last gig at Pinkpop (some security peoples was molesting the audience) but other than that this is one *ss-r*mming rant
    recliner33
    Ok, was a bottle thrown at Josh or a shoe? Because Josh said a shoe was thrown at him and the start of the article says a bottle was thrown. Not that it really matters anyways, because Josh did a good job at getting his point across. I actually respect him alot more after hearing this. He is definately not a homophobe. I went to a queens show a month or two ago and he said something like "Look at Joey over there on drums all sweaty and with no shirt on.....I'd do him". Josh is just a funny guy that likes to speak his mind. I remember watching interviews of him and jesse hughes on youtube where they were both holding hands and ones where they had their arms around eachother while talking. If he was a homophobe, he wouldn't do stuff like that. Heck he didn't want to call the band kings of the stone age because he thought it was too macho.
    recliner33
    Also, if you piss Josh off he will show you up and make you look like the ass. He's put so many hecklers and idiots in their place at his shows. Sure he comes across as a funny goofball most of the time but he's got the brains if he needs them.
    stitches31
    i love that guy. hes so cool. he kinda brings it on himself though because fans know that he wont put up with their crao so they try to piss him off so they can get their 15 seconds of fame/shame and say they were the guy at the concert that got dissed by Josh homme. O well still a great guy and a great musician
    slashisgod2006
    lol cool, y does it make a difference anyways? if the guy who threw the bottle was gay jus think he cud have been bummed by his idol lol, n even if he aint gay why does every other do gooder in the universe think this concerns them? go stand in the corner and hang your head in shame damn hippys
    Seidenschnur
    Homosexuals have more rights than blacks and women combined. If you're black and female, then I'd advise being gay to avoid any negative repercussions.
    Kayfan
    This is the most beautiful statement ever released, it brings several tears to my eyes
    meh!
    'haha lol he owns i say stuff like that all the time and im 100% sure im not gay' :haha omg, I can't stop laughiing. *checked*
    fxt_fella
    Check out their "Over the Hills and Through the Woods" DVD (I think that's the title). His rant on there is amazing. "Hi five *****, here's a bag of dicks!!"
    ajaxender12
    It has to be said - im thinking that the shoe/bottle/hat/whatever being thrown at concerts is either a set up, or people are doing it because they know he'll have a massive spaz. He did it at the concert i saw, and i thought it was special... but it seems not. And holy f'n christ, i hope it keeps happening! He is by far the best at going ape-shit that i know of, and its absolutely hilarious.
    jmag
    This guy should go for president of the Earth along with Maynard Keenan.
    StoneColdCrazy
    Adam_G wrote: Homme is not the man. He is a moron, a pseudo-toughguy.. Wow, he can call out a teenager and get his security guards to drag him off, what a legend... Using "f uck" "pussy" and "shi t" over and over does not make you clever or witty - 12 year olds can do that. If Homme wants to rip on someone then maybe he should take note of how his idol Bill Hicks did it. Until you have that basic level of intelligence you should just shut the **** up and play your instrument. Nobody goes to a concert to hear prepubescent whining.
    wow, talk about missing the point of why we are applauding him.....i suppose you're one of the PC patrol he is ranting about....so he just kicked your ass too, pseudo-tough guy or not....how does that taste ??
    roarinflames
    thepoopkid3 wrote: haha lol he owns i say stuff like that all the time and im 100% sure im not gay
    funniest comment yet for sheer stupidity please people, get a dictionary before you make yourself look like an idiot
    bazman13
    good ****ing man, thats what i like to here. next thing you know people will be saying he goes round doing terrorist fist jabs
    shadow__666
    I'm bisexual, and Josh is my hero and this doesn't change that. We all say sh*t at times, Josh as much as anyone. And for f*cks sake, if someone chucked a beer bottle or a shoe or whatever at me while I was performing I'd be f*cking pissed AND I'd probably let him have it. And I also got called out by him once at a concert, though I was trying to on a bet.
    Shredder Guitar
    oh my lanta. i laughed so hard on this:
    "I called him a pussy too. Does it mean I hate our one worlds' collective vagina?"