Kiss To Collaborate With Lady Gaga?

Guitarist Paul Stanley hinted that his group might record with the pop artist. Is it yet another sign that Gaga will become a rock artist?

Kiss To Collaborate With Lady Gaga?
0
Kiss could be set for a collaboration with Lady Gaga. "Anything's possible. She's terrific, and it's not improbable," said guitarist Paul Stanley in LA Weekly. The comment could be more a way of opening welcome arms to the idea than an official announcement. Stanley was only asked because the new Kiss album is called "Monster", and Gaga's fans are called "little monsters". A tenuous link, perhaps. But Gaga has been working the classic rock crowd for months. First she praised her heroes Bruce Springsteen and Def Leppard, before being snapped backstage at an Iron Maiden gig. Alice Cooper invited her to take part in his madcap stage show, and Queen guitarist Brian May is said to be involved in her new album. Will the next Lady Gaga album feature all of her heroes, positioning her as more a rock than pop star? There's certainly money in stadium rock. U2 smashed revenue records when they completed their "360" tour this year, so the genre shift could be a strategic one. The affection for Gaga from the Kiss camp is nothing new. Last year, frontman Gene Simmons gave her a glowing endorsement (via Henne Music): "We appreciate Gaga," said Gene. "I'll take Gaga over Madonna any day. Anybody that gets visual on stage and is in your face... she's the most exciting thing I've seen in a decade."

82 comments sorted by best / new / date

comments policy
    bigvin11
    If she eventually makes music that fits with the way she's been acting lately this doesn't have to be a bad thing. She's basically Alice Cooper meets Madonna anyway. If she turns her music into something decent, she'll turn out to be Alice Cooper meets Heart, something like that.
    rockfreak611
    this interests me. ill be waiting to see how this turns out. I'm much more interested in whatever work Brian May is doing with her though. She's got a great amount of talent in her voice and piano skills, so maybe she'll showcase that. here's for high hopes!
    Epi g-310
    Looks like a bunch of people already beat me to it, but it seriously just looks like Gene Simmons caught onto the fact that Alice Cooper and Iron Maiden are doing a pretty good job marketing themselves by collaborating with these more recent celebrities.
    stonedhippos
    first alice cooper and kesha, now kiss and lady gaga. the mayans were right, the end of the world is 2012.
    RoomOnFire03
    Why is it a popular trend now for pop stars to claim they have "rock" roots and claim they want to make a "rock" album/song? i don't understand first Kesha and now Lady GaGa..... i guess its a way to get the media's attention and to make people think you are hardcore or something, why would you continue to make crappy pop songs if you claim you want to make a rock album?
    DurpaDurpa
    How can people not be sick of her? Apparently she's so in your face, pushing boundaries and all that crap. But it can't be her music, people never talk about her music when discussing her making a scene. They will always mention how she dresses though. Which isn't ground breaking. Manson was being blamed for school massacres years ago (because of his music and image), and before him there were countless others who actually were confronting in some way (musically, in image, opinion). She's ground breaking in a... would have been ground breaking 10 years ago way. Plus, her nose looks like it's been stolen from easter island statues.
    Ultraussie
    Dimebag Darrel is turning in his Kiss Kasket. Dammit someone already wrote it. This isn't even news. But I'm loling at Lady Gaga trying to pose as Metal and Rock, obviously it's for money. What's next, Ladya Gaga becoming 5th member of kiss, wearing Panda Psuesdo-Black Metal facepaint? LOL
    Motorhed95
    And I'm not some punk who loves really obscure music and thinks anyone who prints a tshirt is a sell out; but once a band gets to the stage where they sell coffins . . . you have to wonder.
    Evan42881
    Villearreal92 wrote: Lady Gaga might be the last REAL musician on Pop radio. She CAN sing, she can play Piano, she can write catchy songs. To be completely honest, working with KISS is actually beneath her. KISS is a brand now, while Gaga is an entertainer. She's serious about what she does, while KISS are in it for the money anymore. +1 man, I'd love to see a Jimmy Page/Gaga collab. With her vocals and his guitar playing, dear lord. I'd be fine with this collaboration, but i'd rather Gaga not bother with Gene and co. and just stick to playing her stuff with people like Brian May and Clarence Clemons (RIP)
    ne14t
    jetfuel495 wrote: Looks like Gene is jealous of Alice Cooper's collab with Kesha.BigVaden wrote: Not a fan of Gaga because she has to use makeup just to look like a woman at all.Have you seen her pictures before she was Lady Gaga? She's still pretty good looking. I'd say she looks better without all that stage makeup.omgbadman wrote: Careful not to say anything derogatory about Kiss or Jetfuel will ban you instantly without question... I actually only ban people when they call Gene a thieving Jew twice in a row even after I delete the original comment. Was that you?
    I lawled, is Gene even of the Hebrew faith? And wasn't Lady GaGa like a stripper or "exotic" dancer or something before she hit it big?
    GunsNSnakepits
    Rock and pop are supposed to be mortal enemies, not partners! Pfft. The ones who made rock great these days are the ones ruining it.
    chickenfoot
    ProgJazzMath wrote: Please Lady Gaga, don't stoop this low. You deserve better.
    I love you for this comment. Kiss should focus on coffins and urns
    atomic667
    The chick from detriot rock city was almost right, but id rather see KISS do disco than work woth this tranny.
    Underjoggle
    rebornmaster9 wrote: sell outs....
    KISS sold out ten times harder than this before you were even born, guy.
    rkk94
    All KISS haters obviously never gave them a chance, i mean seriously if you dont like them thats something else, but some of the members are amazing musicians. Paul Stanley is a vocal god, Ace and bruce are epic on the guitar (watch some of their live shows). Eric Carr(RIP) was a monster drummer. The energy they bring live is just explosive. And no, not all of their songs have a million choruses, they have amazing ones which cover an era of 30+ years and a variety of styles. Rock n Roll wouldnt be the same without them. Yes, gene simmons is a douche but that is irrelevant, KISS is still one of the greatest rock n roll bands of all time
    edgeyyz
    BigVaden wrote: Not a fan of Kiss because they use more makeup than most women. Not a fan of Gaga because she has to use makeup just to look like a woman at all.
    *thumbs up* Well said. I personally can't stand her, and not just because of her music. And then Kiss... they've never seemed to be anything special.
    p_a_morgan
    Underjoggle wrote: rebornmaster9 wrote: sell outs....KISS sold out ten times harder than this before you were even born, guy.
    I lol'd so hard, man.
    C.O.B.
    Wait, is this what the myans predicted to happen on dec. 21 2012? Oh dear god it is the end of the world
    TheRampantWhale
    BigVaden wrote: Not a fan of Kiss because they use more makeup than most women. Not a fan of Gaga because she has to use makeup just to look like a woman at all.
    So you don't like their music because of how they look?
    Skuzzmo
    What's the big deal??? I hope this collaboration (if it happens) goes well and both parties get what they want from it. I'll just keep doing what I've always done. Which is listen and watch Kiss and not listen or watch Gaga...even though i have quite a bit of respect for her... If they want to do it why shouldn't they?
    Good_Lord
    lol KISS really like Lady Gaga ... they said a few months ago that she was their favorite musician today.
    Offworld92
    Villearreal92 wrote: Lady Gaga might be the last REAL musician on Pop radio. She CAN sing, she can play Piano, she can write catchy songs. To be completely honest, working with KISS is actually beneath her. KISS is a brand now, while Gaga is an entertainer. She's serious about what she does, while KISS are in it for the money anymore. I'd be fine with this collaboration, but i'd rather Gaga not bother with Gene and co. and just stick to playing her stuff with people like Brian May and Clarence Clemons (RIP)
    Basically what I came to say. Lady Gaga, please don't stoop to Kiss's level. They're terrible musicians, and (Gene anyway) terrible people.
    OMMad
    i'm neither a fan of gaga nor kiss though can appreciate that gaga has a damn good voice and musical chops. whether you like her music or not it's pretty damn ignorant to claim she is talentless. kiss on the other hand are old and fat and none of them have the musical talent to make up for it. i think it would be an interesting mash-up but i don't expect kiss to really pull their weight if anything comes of this. in fact i wholly expect kiss' contribution to any collaboration with gaga will be limited to vocals and maybe a guitar solo.
    Jackie Lawless
    if kiss collaborates with gaga i definitely wont be buying tickets to any of the shows next tour...
    juckfush
    The variety of uneducated elitism in the comments is astounding. Congratulations on looking like immature, self-righteous, angsty fools, guys.
    Motorhed95
    Don't like Gaga, used to like KISS before they became total sell outs. They're only gonna do it cuz Gaga is HUGE. To be honest, I'm not surprised.
    Villearreal92
    Lady Gaga might be the last REAL musician on Pop radio. She CAN sing, she can play Piano, she can write catchy songs. To be completely honest, working with KISS is actually beneath her. KISS is a brand now, while Gaga is an entertainer. She's serious about what she does, while KISS are in it for the money anymore. I'd be fine with this collaboration, but i'd rather Gaga not bother with Gene and co. and just stick to playing her stuff with people like Brian May and Clarence Clemons (RIP)
    Skarson
    the music could sound like literally anything and it would be completely peripheral to the star power and eye candy. the music would have hardly any artistic significance besides the fact that it's sound organized in time unless you were visualizing the performers.
    Amuro Jay
    Looks like Gene is jealous of Alice Cooper's collab with Kesha.
    BigVaden wrote: Not a fan of Gaga because she has to use makeup just to look like a woman at all.
    Have you seen her pictures before she was Lady Gaga? She's still pretty good looking. I'd say she looks better without all that stage makeup.
    omgbadman wrote: Careful not to say anything derogatory about Kiss or Jetfuel will ban you instantly without question...
    I actually only ban people when they call Gene a thieving Jew twice in a row even after I delete the original comment. Was that you?
    omgbadman
    Careful not to say anything derogatory about Kiss or Jetfuel will ban you instantly without question...
    Kyle Kage
    ProgJazzMath wrote: Please Lady Gaga, don't stoop this low. You deserve better.
    I know right! How can Lady Gaga stoop so low
    doomsdayscottie
    THE FUCK? Is this TMZ? I don't care about every little thing about Lady Gaga I come here for MUSIC news. not Celebrity gossip and rumors